Last week of August

Jax

Mouseketeer
I am going to Disneyland the last week in August and I just checked the Disneyland Calendar and Matterhorn Bobsleds are going to be closed for refurbishment!!! :confused3

Is it normal for them to start doing refurbs in August, right before a long weekend?

Also I notice that Fantasmic is playing during the week this week, and that the park closes at 9 (DCA closes at 7). Does anyone know if the hours will be extended even a little bit? Also, do you know if they will add any Fantasmic performances during this week?

TIA

Most of the schools in CA are starting the last week or two of August, instead of after Labor Day like they did years ago. This is probably the reasons for the shorter hours, etc. Just my guess, though. Crowds should be pretty low, though, if they shortened the hours for that week.

Wow we went the last week of August last year and I don't remember the park closing that early. It wasn't really that crowded last year which is probably why the hours are now shorter. Who knows they might add longer hours if it does end up being more crowded then they expected.

I thought the bobsleds were going to be down right after labor day I guess not! At least you will be able to ride HM before the holiday. If the bobsleds are going to be down then I'm glad I'm not going then again this year!

I just checked the Disneyland website and Matterhorn is no longer posted as being down for refurbishment for the last week of August. :thumbsup2

I am still hoping it stays open until after the September long weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter