Last wedding or funeral you went to?

My own wedding about 4 years ago. For funerals, it was for DH's mom, a few months before that (4 1/2 yrs ago).

Wedding about a year ago.
Funeral about 3 months ago. Sadly the funerals are outweighing the weddings by quite a bit in the last couple years. :(

Wedding in December 2020. It was our sons best friend, DS was best man. The groom was my sons best man 3 weeks earlier. Both weddings were much smaller than they had planned, tables were spaced apart, masks were worn.

Last wedding was for my cousin's daughter. It was several years ago. I don't remember exactly how many, but they've got 2 kids now!

Last funeral was DH's grandmother's, I think. It was also several years ago. There have been several that I WOULD have attended, if not for COVID restrictions. (A couple of my parents' friends have passed, my college roommate lost her dad, etc.)

We're currently more in the "graduation parties" phase of life.

Last edited:

Wedding: October 2019. I do have a wedding to go to this coming Saturday (rescheduled from September 2020).

Funeral: July 2013

Just went to two weddings in July, and have another coming up in October!

Funeral... 5 years ago at my X-wife's grave side service with strictly family. There have been three family funerals since I moved 1000 miles away. I didn't attend any of those.

Wedding... I have to say it was 20 years ago at my daughters, BFF's wedding. She was always at our house when they were growing up to the point that she called me Dad II.

Hopefully, anything in my future will just be the Weddings (possible, not yet planned or even thought about as far as I know) of my Grandchildren. All the rest of my family has either already passed or already married, so that just leaves the next generation hopefully for the near future.

2 funerals both via skype last June.

My wife lost both her uncle and aunt with 2 weeks of one another to covid.

funeral-
friends mom just as Covid was shutting everything down - mid March 2020.

Wedding - niece I think 4 years ago. Well I watched an online friend’s wedding this summer on zoom.

Wedding - I think our own, 10 years ago this October.
Funeral - my father-in-law, just this past February (not Covid). I also lost an aunt and uncle both in February as well, but they did not have a service, and another uncle in May; I did not attend in person, as he lived in Illinois and I'm in CT, but I watched the service online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter