• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Sorry to hear of the news on your mom. Will continue to send prayers for you and your family.

Looks like you had a wonderful first evening! Hurray for not letting a little rain stop you. That drink looked lovely!! I would've had 2 too! :rotfl: But then I would've been sound asleep under the nearest table. :blush:

How was the music with the fireworks? They really looked wonderful.

Yay for a Dismeet!! Very nice of her to bring you a surprise gift.

I am so sorry to hear this update. Sending good thoughts to you and yours. Please take care.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. You truly all warm my heart with your thoughtfulness.

I am heading up to the hospital tonight right after work (unfortunately, I have people coming in this afternoon from out of town that I have to deal with at the office).

The doctor says it may only be a matter of days. I'll update when I can.

Kathy, I still have not gotten completely caught up with your report. It just moves so quickly with dozens of comments, and I end up getting lost somewhere and have no idea where to pick back up. :faint:

I do want to let you know that I am praying for you and for your mom. I am extremely close to my mom, so I cannot imagine the loss. When mine suffered breast cancer 15 years ago, I just remember the waves of grief and fear that would take over me. I am praying for you, my friend. :flower3:

Oh Kathy :hug: I am so sorry to hear this. I continue to send thoughts and prayers to your family at this difficult time. :blush:

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts. You truly all warm my heart with your thoughtfulness. I am heading up to the hospital tonight right after work (unfortunately, I have people coming in this afternoon from out of town that I have to deal with at the office). The doctor says it may only be a matter of days. I'll update when I can.

Kathy I am so sorry. May she be comfortable and pain free :hug:

Kathy, I am so very sorry to hear about your mom. Praying for your family at this difficult time.

Claire (who lurks on your TRs but never posts, LOL)

Oh my god, that BATHROOM is gorgeous! I knew the 1-Bedroom Villas were nice, but holy crap! I might just have to look into renting DVC points one of these days!

That PinaColada looks wonderful! That's one of my favorite cocktails, too! :cloud9:

Your fireworks photos turned out wonderful!!! So pretty! I was surprised how much I liked the Frozen fireworks, and am glad I decided to see them in September.

Looking forward to reading more when you have time! I know life is throwing a lot of stuff your way right now. Hang in there, girl. We love you. :hug:

Sending :hug: and prayers out to you and your Mom... You've been on my mind, even though I haven't posted. :grouphug:

D~

We got the results of the biopsy. She has Stage 4 Lung Cancer. The doctor truly believes with her heart condition and everything else that she will not be able to handle chemo and if they did chemo the cancer would come back. She will be coming home in a couple of days once a hospital bed is brought to her home. Your prayers and good thoughts are truly appreciated.

Kathy, so sorry ...praying for strength for you all at this difficult time. :hug: xoxo

So sorry about your mother. I've been reading along but not posting. Keeping you and your mother and family in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm thinking of you today, Kathy. I don't know you on Facebook or IRL or else I'd send you some Disney Balloons since I know they have special significance for you. As it is, I googled a picture instead to spare myself a new life of internet stalking crime and a spot in jail and on the nightly news.

tumblr_n9j2jqlyho1sf7vl4o1_500.jpg

I hope the magic you and your family have spread over the years is a comforting memory and thought at this time. <3

So great that you were able to meet up with Cynthia and her hubby. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

I was so happy to see her again and meet Jeff.

I love Mark in his hats! So fantastic! :cool1: Sometime (if you haven't already) you should do a photo book of just Mark and his Disney hats. I bet you could fill quite a few pages! :wizard:

I've thought of doing that, but I never seem to find the time. :(

We had SO much fun with you guys. I am sorry we were so late. It was SO wet we took the boat instead of walking and I swear that added almost 30 minutes to our trip. :worried: thank you for your patience, it was so lovely to hang out, just not nearly long enough.

Ditto...loved spending time with you and Jeff, Cynthia. And don't worry about being late. We were in a warm and dry place and getting warmer with our drinks. :) Hopefully next time we can have a meal together.

I am so glad you like the bracelet :goodvibes I hope it isn't too long before our paths cross again as well.

I wear it every day...it warms my heart.

Luvin Mark's hat picture :thumbsup2

Thanks, Emma.

boo to all the rain.

Oh and there is more of it to come.

The bracelet is gorgeous. :goodvibes

Thank you.

That was a double treat, the Frozen Fireworks and a Dismeet with Cynthia and Jeff. :). We got a chance to see the fireworks too, but without the rain. :)

It was great fun seeing them; I could have done without the rain, but loved the fireworks.

I love the views of the animals at AKL. I would think that having a car when staying there really helps.

I have to say we usually have a car for all of our trips (especially since we head to Marco afterwards). The only time we really use Disney transportation is when we are at Old Key West because we have had great luck with the buses. But I prefer driving.

It’s great that things worked out for Mark… Loooove Target.

Thanks. :)

What a kind friend, AKL is such a beautiful resort. Would love to experience that place some day. And wow! on the FP+ pixie dust, so special.

It was a great start to the trip for sure.

Mark and his hat pics….too cute.

My man"child".

Sounds like a great plan for your DISmeet. The Frozen Fireworks were pretty cool. (We got to watch a proposal while waiting for the show last month.:goodvibes)

I really enjoyed the fireworks and the snow.

So sorry to read about the health problems that your mom and Alisha are going through. As a new graduate nurse (May 2014, at 52 years old), this is very interesting to me. Hope answers and comfort are found soon.

Congratulations on becoming a nurse. :thumbsup2 Thank you for the good wishes.

So glad you finally made it by to do replies! I was worried that you were so shocked I came by and posted, they had to admit you to the hospital or something.............. :rolleyes1 :blush:

Good Lord I hope not...enough of hospitals for me, thank you.

One day I can hopefully meet up with you, Mark and Jeff (and Cynthia again of course) at Disney and be able to post pictures of our get-together for proof! :goodvibes

It would be a nice change of pace, Marv. ;)

Fireworks looked great in the rain! :) That bracelet is gorgeous!! No wonder you havent taken it off!

They were great fireworks and so glad we got a chance to see them. Yes, it really is a gorgeous bracelet.

Kathy I am finally caught up on your report and other news. I hope Alisha gets answers. Glad Mark got a job to tide him over. Many years ago when I was laid off from a job I loved, I took a part time job like that, it gave me time to recover and then after about a year I started a totally new career and bad that job for 14 years before I retired. Anyway I haven't been around due to a couple of personal issues. I have been diagnosed with glaucoma and will have laser surgery Nov. 4. Meanwhile we were in Boston last week for four days when my grandson Cody had a cardiac ablation. It went well and he is doing well. So hopefully things will be more normal now.

Judy, thank you for stopping by. Please, your grandson and YOUR health should be first priority. How is Cody doing? And I will be thinking of you and keeping good thoughts and prayers for your surgery.

First off, yay for Mark getting a job! I'm so happy for him.

He's very excited. You met him and know how personable he is so I think this works perfectly for him.

Mark should have totally gotten those ears. :rotfl2:

There have been so many that Mark should have gotten and never bought.

I knew who the friends were the whole time! :goodvibes That's so awesome you guys got to meet again. Cynthia is so awesome.

She is, isn't she? I would love for you, her, MEK and I all to be there at the same time one trip...such fun it would be.

What a thoughtful gift!

Yes it was. :)

I am here.

:cool1::cool1:Scott is here.

Vinny knows the feeling of losing a job for that long, he was with his for 34 years and they let him go.

It really stinks!

Very nice of her to sell them to you for $5.

She was beyond generous.

I think next year we are staying at AKL but we will be doing Jambo House and am excited unless I can get a resort by Boardwalk area.

We LOVE AKL; it's in a tie with Old Key West for us for our favorite. Boardwalk is definitely the next favorite (we weren't fans of the Beach Club at all).

Very nice about the fp+

Love starting out the trip with pixie dust.

Nice villa.

It was gorgeous...love it there.

Love his C-3PO hat.

Yes, I think he should have gotten them.

Nice fireworks pics. Nice you saw Cynthia and Jeff.
I am caught up, thanks for the links.

It was fun seeing Cynthia again and meeting Jeff. Thanks...I am still learning how to use the new camera, but they came out pretty good for the fact that I just got the camera three days beforehand.

Looking good Mark!

Isn't he?

Seems like rain was a theme of this trip. Oh wait, you just started. I should just keep my mouth shut. :upsidedow

I think by now everyone knows it was a very rainy September.

:cheer2:

Obviously you guessed it.

We liked them a lot too... I'm glad you got to see them.

I thought they were great!

Awesome meet up! Glad you got to see them!

Thanks, Tim. I had a lot of great DIS meets this trip.

YAY! Update!!!

YAY that you came.

Ohh a Dis meet!!! #1. because i am sure i will lose count at some point! :rotfl2
:

There aren't that many that you need to count. Wait, maybe there are? ;)

I have never been to 50's. we have always done Sci-fi. so your pictures are fun to see it's a different aspect!!

I will definitely go back to the bar. I am NOT a fan of the restaurant though.

How fun you did get that drink good people and awesome fireworks!!! aren't they beautiful?! Loved them!

It was a great night!

as always you and your family are in my prayers!! :littleangel:

Hoping things are getting a bit easier!

Thank you my friend.

Need to do boo at the zoo soon. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, all is up in the air with mom right now. I would love to do the Boo at the Zoo as we have never done it.

Fireworks and Pina Coladas! I want to vacation with YOU! I love your bracelet, what a lovely gesture!

I love my pina coladas on vacation and mix it with fireworks...can't get any better than that. It was very sweet of Cynthia to get that for me.

Also, I award you the imaginary star of Bravery: white pants in the rain. Kudos. You pulled it off with far more grace and poise than I'd have managed. Thanks for reminding me to pick up some of those $1 ponchos to put in my backpack! <3

I wore those on the plane and really didn't want to change into clean clothes so I just left them on. Surprisingly, when I did laundry the next morning, there weren't a lot of really "dirty spots" on them. Definitely get the $1 ponchos.

Hi Kathy! :wave2: Great update. I love that you were able to have a fun meet and enjoy the fireworks despite all the rain!

Rain very rarely stops us, Casey.

I'm really hoping that they decide on something a little more permanent for Frozen (and not Norway) because it is a movie that Sken actually likes and I would love to do something Frozen related when we go in March!

I think they should keep them...especially with them closing a couple of shows and an attraction.

Hoping the family is well and hoping your trip dries up a bit for you!

The family...it's rough, but we are hanging in there.

I thought I had replied earlier.. I know I've read, but must not have replied...

No worries, Darla.

I'm so sorry to hear of the health issues going on in your family. It's never easy. I'm wishing the best for all.

Thanks; it just always seems to be something.

Your new great-niece is adorable!

Mia is precious!

Glad to hear that Mark got a part time job. Sounds perfect for your situation!

I think it's going to work out great.

Love the pixie dust at check in! Sounds like a super CM. I love the AK 1BRs. That bathroom.... I've never stayed in one, but we did see one when doing a DVC tour. I LOVE that bathroom.

It was so special and so unexpected. Jon was the best ever. The bathroom is out of this world.

Looks like a fun DIS meet!

It was...despite the rain.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks.

Kathy, I am so sorry about the news about your mom! Keeping you and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Glad things worked out with meeting up with Cynthia and Jeff and you had a good time together - and the Frozen Fireworks are pretty darn cool - glad you had a good view and that they went off despite the rain. Did they still do the snow effect?

Thanks, Phil. Yes, they still had the snow effect.

Sounds like a fun time with the Bartender as well. Do the bartenders at Tune In Lounge act the same as the servers in Prime Time Cafe or was she just a hoot in real life? :rotfl:

I think it was a combination of both. It wasn't as "brutal" as it as dinner, and she was just really funny.

Nice hat pic of Mark. I know for some places they offer posters that are like "The doors of Dublin" or wherever ... you should put together one that is "The hats of Mark" :thumbsup2

What a great idea!

Yay for a great Dis-meet!

It was go fun to get together and I'm glad we were able to work it out.

Nice fireworks pictures! Now I know what the fireworks I could see from our GFV balcony were. After Illuminations I saw more fireworks and was so confused...thanks for solving that mystery for me!

Well, there you go. You learned something new. :)

What a wonderful DIS meet, even with the rain! That Pina Colada looks delicious, and your firework photos are fantastic.

Thanks, Stephanie.

Your bracelet is gorgeous, I wouldn't take it off either! :goodvibes

Nope...not coming off anytime soon.

We love the Tune in Lounge! I have only grabbed a drink while waiting for lunch there but the theme is just way to cute in there. Reminds me of my great aunts house growing up, totally retro! I am so glad you went and saw the Frozen fireworks, not sure if they are still happening but would love to see them in December. To top if off a great Dis meet!! I am excited to have my first San Antonio Dis Meet next week with a fellow restaurant board poster. Turns out we live 5 minutes from each other, small world :)

I'm sorry we've never tried the Tune In Lounge before. But we will definitely be back. I've already got a reminder note (although we won't do lunch...not a fan of the food). I hope the Fireworks are still going in December. That's awesome that you are having a San Antonio DIS meet. Please tell us all about it.

I'm glad that you were able to meet up with Cynthia (again) and Jeff! Drinks, fireworks and Dis Meets are worth standing out in the rain for!

Thanks, Lisa. It was worth the rain...we had a lot of fun.

Sounds like a great night! Nice to have such a fun DISmeet! The Tune Inn is a fun place too! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Julie. It really was a great time.

Sounds like some good news on Mark's job! That's great. Target is one of my all time favorite places, I could spend all day in there. :) It will be a great mix of some work and baseball for him.

Ashley, I truly believe it is the perfect fit for him.

My dad is in the same boat. He's 61, so he should be retiring in the next few years. He lost his job in February. He's found something, but it's just not what he had hoped!

Perhaps something else will come up, or he can do what Mark is doing...work part-time and get his Social Security.

I am so glad you had so much pixie dust.. You totally deserved it. I am so glad Jon was such a wonderful CM!! :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

I still think about Jon...he was just a superstar.

Those Frozen Fireworks sounded so great - we missed them during our trip! Glad you got to meet up with some DIS friends and enjoy some pina coladas.. YUM!

I'm sorry you missed the Frozen Fireworks; they were really great with the music.

Ooh, I just realized that I was there that night too for the fireworks. I almost watched from near where it appears you were (near Echo Lake?) but I eventually moved out to Hollywood Blvd. Yeah in the rain. :(

That's twice we could have met up, Rob. :(

I so agree, the fireworks with the Frozen soundtrack are pretty spectacular.

They really were good; they moved up to second on my list after Wishes.

Awesome to have a DISmeet on the first day!!! But just so you know Kathy, this isn't a competition, lol!! :laughing:

I don't think I could compete with you anyway.

Overall, sounds like a wonderful first day, despite the stupid rain. But surely that would be the end of the rain that week... :rolleyes1

It was...despite the stupid rain. Oh yes...surely it was the end of the rain. :rotfl::rotfl:

My turn to fall behind my friend :hug: I wish Alisha didn't have to listen to garbage, but she IS your girl and is SO lucky to have you and Mark as her parents now :thumbsup2

Seriously, I just want to knock her mother out. And you are very kind.

LOVE the hat, thanks Mark :goodvibes

Mark never lets my readers down.

Great DISmeet and fireworks! I remember the FB pics, so much better on my laptop, and I LOVE that bracelet, I am sure you do too!!!! :flower3:

It was a great evening with good friends.

My goal is to have at least two DIS meets in April. I've technically had one, but there was no picture. I saw Jenseib on the bridge from England to France with her daughter in her Mary Poppins outfit and shyly said hello. I think she was taken aback and I didn't stay long.:goodvibes

I hope you have many DISmeets...they truly are the best.

Congrats to Mark on the job!!

Thanks; we are very happy.

Kathy I am so sorry, :grouphug:

Thank you.

Hugs!!! Tons of loving thoughts are being sent your way!

Thank you.

Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear that! Thoughts and prayers for you, your Mom, and your family!!! :hug:

Thanks, Marv.

(((( big hug)))! I am so sorry, Kathy. Hospice is a blessing. You and your family are tucked in my heart and prayer. xo

Thank you Christine.

So sorry to read about your mom. Sending prayers and pixie dust :flower3:

Thanks!

What an awesome meet with Cynthia and Jeff! I am so glad you got a chance to get together during your trips. What a sweet, thoughtful and meaningful gift from them.

Dee, I'm so glad Cynthia figured out a time that would work for both of us. It was awesome being with them again; and I do love my gift.

For not a lot of fireworks pictures you sure got some good ones!

Thanks; it was fun getting decent ones for a change.

:goodvibes

Thanks again.

I am so sorry Kathy! Prayers for you family!!!

Thanks, Jen.

What a wonderful Dis meet. Cynthia looks like a lot of fun!

Cynthia is warm, funny and just a great person. Jeff is too!

Sending hugs your way. Thinking of your mom, you and your family at this difficult time.

:hug:

Thank you, Dee.

I'm so sorry Kathy, your family will be in my good thoughts.

Thank you very much.

Oh Kathy. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry. My heart and thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks...it means a lot.

I'm so sorry to hear.

Just know that my thoughts are prayers are always with you. Need anything.. Please don't hesitate to ask

Thank you, Mo. And I will certainly let my Chicago DIS buddy know if we need anything.

Kathy, my thoughts are with you guys during this really difficult time. I'll be praying for you! Xoxo

Thank you, Ashley.

Hey Kathy,

Between work and a long weekend in New England I feel like I haven't been on the DISboards in forever. So I'm trying to catch up with everyone. I'm caught up here...

Mark, family ALWAYS comes first.

Great news on Mark finding a job! I'm thrilled he appears to have something that can tide you over until you work on your Florida exit plan.

That's what I am thinking, and he is very happy.

And I'm very sorry to hear the news on your mother. Prayers for her well-being.

Thanks, Mark; and please thank Julie for her post on Facebook.

That CM at AKL was seriously the best CM ever. Amazing you got the pixie dust you did!

Jon is THE best CM ever.

And so great you could meet up with Cynthia and Jeff! Seems like it was a great time.

We had a lot of fun having drinks and seeing the fireworks.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your mom. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you, Darla.

I'm so sorry about your Mom Kathy. Hugs for you and prayers for her and all of your family! :hug:

Thanks, Stephanie.

Thinking of you and your mom and all your loved ones. Sending prayers and hugs to all of you as you go through this. I am so sorry and hope she can be made comfortable.

Cynthia, thank you very much. It means a lot.

So sorry Kathy. We are paying for all of you.

Thanks, Tim; we truly appreciate it.

Praying for you and your family Kathy.

Thank you very much.

You are always in my thoughts are prayers sweet lady.

Sheresa, thank you.

More :hug: :hug: :hug: coming at you Kathy

Thanks, Jeanette.

Tuning in! (even if it is late!) Can't wait to hear about your WDW travels and Marco Island travels - 2 of my favorite places!

:welcome::welcome: thank you so much for joining. We have fallen in love with Marco Island since our first visit five years ago.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time. :flower3:

Thank you so very much.

Mickey, Castle and a coffee cup from Cynthia for Kathy. Yep, I can't think of anything more appropriate. :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

It suits me, doesn't it? ;)

I'm glad you were able to work in some time for drinks and the Frozen fireworks. Looks like a fun evening.

It was the perfect first evening at the World.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

Thanks, Andy.

:hug::hug::hug::hug: Prayers and good thoughts for you and your mom!!

Thanks, Sara.

What a wonderful beginning to your trip! pixiedust: Great CM's and a fun Dis Meet, followed up with fireworks.What a way to start!:cool1:

It was a great start to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter