Last Train Ride

tex1989

DIS Veteran
Just back from our trip 12/1 till 12/7 and we went to Mickey's Holiday Party Sunday 12/2. We were at MK all day and knew it was the last day for the train until the Tron construction is completed. We meant to take one more ride before it shut down. Well of course we got busy and were riding rides and forgot about the train. Around 6:00 pm we were in Circus Land and said "hey the train, we gotta ride it!" As we walked to the station we noticed it was going backwards and wondered what was happening. Just then it made sense, they were backing it down the spur rail that leads out to the maintenance facility that is behind the park. No more rides it was going into mothballs for the duration of the construction. As it backed down the line the engineer blew the whistle for what seemed like 2 minutes. Sort of like a long goodbye from the engine saying till we meet again!

It was neat but also kind of sad.

Sad that you missed that last ride. Have heard that it may be brought out and parked at the main station as a stationary exhibit during the Tron construction. We did the Train Tour back in September and really enjoyed the opportunity to stand on the footplate and to see the engines "up close and personal" so the chance to do this during the off period would be great.

Sad that you missed that last ride. Have heard that it may be brought out and parked at the main station as a stationary exhibit during the Tron construction. We did the Train Tour back in September and really enjoyed the opportunity to stand on the footplate and to see the engines "up close and personal" so the chance to do this during the off period would be great.
I believe that this is what they are currently doing. The backwards route is a nightly occurrence for storage.

I have heard they are going to leave one at the Main Street Station but since they have at least two trains (maybe three?) that at least one was being put away. As we left the park that night there was one parked at the Main Street Station.

I have heard they are going to leave one at the Main Street Station but since they have at least two trains (maybe three?) that at least one was being put away. As we left the park that night there was one parked at the Main Street Station.
Regardless of the number they will not leave a train outside overnight. They didn’t before construction why would they do so now?

I am no authority on the Disney trains and don’t know the process but if they plan to leave one train parked at Main Street Station during construction won’t they have to leave it out?

I am no authority on the Disney trains and don’t know the process but if they plan to leave one train parked at Main Street Station during construction won’t they have to leave it out?
Nope. The track is a circle and only one point will be inaccessible. Trains can go forwards and backwards which is what is happening here

I went to Main Street Station for a photo with the Lilli Belle. It's disappointing that there wasn't a Photo Pass Photographer for pictures.

I don't see them bringing the train backstage every evening. The time and cost of heating the boiler twice each day to move the train wouldn't make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter