Last time you went to the movies, how much was the price of admission?

$5.75 for Tuesdays
$6 first showings
$12.50 for regular evenings...

I almost always go to one of the 2 above...but I just had date night with hubby and I dropped the $12.50 each for Deadpool...it was worth it...

I just checked the theater for tomorrow...First showing of deadpool is $18.85 a ticket. Guess the $20 my son paid for the Imax wasn't so bad after all.

I also checked the same theater for Zoolander 2 tomorrow, and first show came up with a matinee price of $10.60.

Are they just charging more for deadpool? weird.

OUCH! here deadpool in imax can be seen at the theatre w/reserved seating in recliner chairs for $10-$15 depending on the show time. non imax (but still reserved/recliners) $10.59 tops (non matinee).

ds has seen it once, dd and dh-twice each, me-nada (I like my movies at home where I can stop, rewind-and NOT pay $6 for a small soda).

We don't leave the house. I watch all movies for free. Maybe not night they come out but within a week or so.
2 websites
Watch32.is
Putlocker.is
I haven't had any issues or viruses. I've been watching here for over a year.

Free is always better and i can watch in my jammies with popcorn.
I saw Mockingjay 2 nights after hit theater.

The last time we went to the movies it was $14.50 per ticket we went to see Jurassic world. We had the rudest people in the theater and after that experience we decided we will not go again. We converted our game room into a movie theater best decision we ever made. We have 150 inches, we have comfy couch, we can have the dogs with us an eat whatever we want. The 3D is as good as in the movie theater and buying the movies are usually cheaper that 2 movie tickets anyway.

$10 is a standard ticket here. Not a fancy theater at all.

I did actually see a movie this year, but other than Jem (lol, it was horrible! But fun.) the last movie we saw was Monster's University.

Where we go as a couple or family, all seats are $6.50. Next town over where DD goes with her friends has discounts for matinee, but they always go to evening full price shows. She paid $8 for Deadpool.

We don't leave the house. I watch all movies for free. Maybe not night they come out but within a week or so.
2 websites
Watch32.is
Putlocker.is

It doesn't bother you that what you are doing is illegal?

2 websites
Watch32.is
Putlocker.is

for me it depends.
I like the movie the experience. Sorry Star wars, Jurassic park, the Avengers....all are definitely simply not the same on a small screen.
My second problem is that at home there are always distractions. people moving, dog etc etc.
I'll watch some movies on the small screen but others I want the whole "going to the movies" vibe
and lastly, I don't want someone "stealing" my artistic abilities so I'd rather pay, around here the big thing is "boot leg" movies

Last edited:
The last movie we saw (The Choice) was at iPic in the fancy seats that recline, have blankets etc. so..... Those are $25 a ticket on the weekend. We go there a few times a year. We pay the premium because when we have a sitter, we like to reserve our seats and then when we are there... We are envious if we got the "cheap $15 seats." So we get the nice ones.

Our regular theater is $12-14 for a basic non 3D movie on a weekend night.

DH saw Deadpool during the weekday last week and he said it was $7.50.

2 websites
Watch32.is
Putlocker.is

If only that wasn't 100% illegal

We usually have a bargain movie either on Tuesdays or the 1st showing for each movie(before noon), like Star Wars, which we HAD to see in the theatre, that was $5.50 (but we spent $33.00 at concession stand-yikes!-everyone loves that movie popcorn!) I think the nighttime movies are $12.50

******When I think about all the movies we could get at Redbox and or Amazon for that price, I remember why we only go 4 or 5 times a year :)

$10 is a standard ticket here. Not a fancy theater at all.

I did actually see a movie this year, but other than Jem (lol, it was horrible! But fun.) the last movie we saw was Monster's University.
I had to boycott it on principle, but I think I might cave when it eventually hits Netflix. I was such a Jem girls as a child!

DH and I went to the movies last night. It was $8.75 per tickets. I thought that was pretty low. It was the matinee price. Regular tickets are $11.50.

Star Wars several weeks ago, in the evening. It was $12.50 and was not 3D or Imax.

Last edited:
Here in our little corner of Canada, admission is $10.50 per person, plus tax (13%). 3D price is $13.50 plus tax. Kids admission is $3 less in each case. Seniors are between the two.

Edited to add.....the last movie I saw in the theatre was Minions. Before that, it was Grown Ups (the original, not the sequel....so yeah, that was 2010). I don't tend to go to the movies much!

We have a huge range in our area, from $4 before noon matinees to $24 on opening weekend nights, but at the fancy $24 theater, they have food and drinks, and popcorn is included for these seats:
image.jpeg

last time i went was the day after christmas.
it was free because i had a free movie ticket that a family friend gave me for my birthday.
next time i go it will also be free because that same family friend sent me a valentine's day card with 3 tickets for me, my sister, and my niece to go together.

my parents just went to see star wars at regal cinema last night and they paid $12 per person even with the senior discount.

this is why generally they go to the cheap theater that costs $5 per person but it does have crappy seats and depending on the theater you are put in the screen is really not what we'd consider the big screen.

i like going to amc because the prices are fairly reasonable and there are comfy reclining seats.
not a fan of having to preselect my seat but its not that bad as long as i can get close enough since i am visually impaired.

We saw Deadpool opening night IMAX with reserved seating $17.50 CAD each. I saw Brooklyn this past Thursday and paid $10.50 CAD for a regular 2D showing. 2 different Cineplex locations Victoria BC Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter