last minute trip, where to eat without reservations?

paty

Earning My Ears
We might be going on a last minute trip and I can't find any reservations for our favorite restaurants.
So what are the best options if nothing is avaiable ?

we are planning on Epcot, HS, MK in middle of June

Not a big fan of hot dog and hamburgers, anything else is fine,
preference for short lines, but that might be impossible in june! :)

thank you!
Patricia

Once you are there if you check the day before you will be able to get many reservations. I was able to do this with Akershus, BOG, Sci Fi, Garden Grill and San Angel Inn. If not we really enjoyed
Marrakesh
Captains Grille
Grand Floridian Café
without reservations.

We only eat at a TS restaurant once every 3 days. We never eat hamburgers or hot dogs ( or chicken strips or pizza, for that matter.) There are tons of great CS options. Take a look at the menus at allears.net

You never know, you might be surprised how many walkups you can get. Here are some of the TS places we went without ADR:
Garden Grill
The Wave (ended up being a favorite)

Yorkshire Country Fish had a long line but it moved really quickly since there was a limited menu.

Yorkshire County Fish Shop in Epcot is fantastic! If you're not too picky, I really liked Skipper Canteen at MK.

Tangierine Cafe In Epcot mmmmmm!
Peco's Bill In Magic Kingdom (the chicken fajitas platter is very good and the fixin bar a must)

Olivia's for table dinner (Old Key West Resort)

Check often, people cancel reservations one day In Advance

We might be going on a last minute trip and I can't find any reservations for our favorite restaurants.

thank you!
Patricia
Call directly to Raglan Road (407) 938-0300 and Boathouse (407) 939-2628, doing this you skip the Disney app and don't have to leave a credit card. Also most people dont know that Disney only has a limited access to most of the non-disney owned restaurants so when you use the disney app you arent seeing all of the openings the restaurants truly have.

In EP, we love Spice Road Table and they typically have availability. For QS, we love Tangierine Cafe and the QS in France.

In HS, Hollywood Brown Derby typically has availability. If not, consider a Swan/Dolphin restaurant. They have great casual and signature dining (the Fountain, Fresh, bluezoo, Il Mulino). You can call them directly for reservations.

In MK, Columbia Harbour House is a great QS. If you want TS, consider heading over to the Wave or Trails End.

We always wing most of our ADR's. I simply go on my phone about 2 hours prior to a meal and see what's available. I've always found something!

thank you!
Patricia

How many people are in your party? When we were there last June we didn't have any ADRs (we usually don't do more than 1 or 2 table service meals a trip no matter what). Every afternoon when we were relaxing by the pool or just resting in our room, we'd check to see what restaurants had availability for a party of 5 for dinner that night. There were always at least 15-20 restaurants that we could choose from. Granted, some of the times were either very early (4:00) or very late (9:30), but we had numerous options. My son and his wife have had great success finding same-day ADRs for a party of 2. They've also had a lot of success with walk-ups when going at off times (usually before 5:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.).

Also, you can eat exclusively at QS restaurants all week and never have to touch a hot dog or hamburger. We've done it numerous times. And we have one son who is a vegetarian. It's really not that difficult to find great options at QS restaurants. In fact, there are numerous QS restaurants throughout Disney World that don't even offer hot dogs or hamburgers on their menus. Check out the menus at allears.net and have a list of QS restaurants that offer foods that appeal to you so that you have a back-up plan if you can't get same-day ADRs for the restaurants you're interested in.

Download the Disney phone app and check it when you're there. Virtually every restaurant, including ultra-difficult-to-get-ADR-restaurants like BOG and 'Ohana, have last minute openings, often at desirable times.

If you're really stuck, you'll find that resort table service and Disney Springs restaurants often have walk-up openings. My wife enjoyed Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club, Kona at the Poly, Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF, and the Boathouse at Disney Springs on our last trip as walk-ups.

Consider this the perfect opportunity to discover new places. We like to play restaurant roulette. We go to GS the morning of and ask what is available. We either go for a certain time frame and say any park during that frame (we always have hoppers) or go with a specific park/area and any time will do. We always ask them what is their favorite. Yes, you can do it on the AP, which we have done while walking around for the same night, but we enjoy the interaction with the cast members and they seem to get a kick out of the fact that we are open to anything they pick. On non busy times, we've even had two or three cast members competing against each other to see who can find us something either the fastest or the most hard to get.

We rarely eat TS and we almost never eat nuggets, burgers or hot dogs; except the chili dog at Min and Bill's cause that's pretty darn good. Epcot in particular has great QS like Yorkshire Co. Fish Shoppe, Tangerine Cafe and Boulangerie Pattisserie. In MK we like Pecos Bill's and Columbia Harbor House. At AK we loved the Harambe Market.

We love eating QS because we can eat whereever we are, when we get hungry. There's usually something good nearby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter