Last Minute Trip Thoughts

hes122

DIS Veteran
When I was at WDW last month I decided to upgrade to the AP since I had (at the time) at least one more trip on my radar in the coming months. I decided to book a last minute trip from 12/21 -12/24 staying offsite. I made park reservations for 12/21, 12/22, & 12/23. My flight is scheduled to land at 4:30. If I'm leaving MCO by 6:00 (that's a rough estimate on dealing with baggage claim and the car rental), do I have enough time to get to Hollywood Studios to knock out a few things (ROTR and Slinky Dog) I didn't get to do last month before the park closes at 9:00? I'm undecided about stopping at the hotel to check in and change before heading to the park. Google maps says it's a 10 minute drive from the hotel to HS. I'm not opposed to forgoing a park altogether and just getting settled in and grabbing something to eat before heading out to Epcot the next day.

Might want to wait to see how long it really takes to get thru the airport. Also consider traffic delays at that time of the day. Hope it flies by for you.

All I can say is you have an AP now so wing it. See how your flights & traffic go. If you go straight from the airport to HS why not try? Definitely wouldn't stop by the hotel on the way.

You may want to look at some other routes than taking just 4. Options are good for on the fly.

For such a short trip can you get away with carry on only? That's a time saver too.

For such a short trip can you get away with carry on only? That's a time saver too.
If I wasn't flying Spirit, I would've definitely just carried on (and I'm not interested in paying more $ to carry on than just checking it). My small duffel is just a smidge bigger than the size limitations for the personal item.

I'll have to remember to bring my ez-pass since they are accepted on the FL toll road now.
Yes, going straight from MCO to DHS is almost a straight shot, taking 417 to Osceola Parkway. Google Maps says it’s 27 minutes and $3.70 right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter