Last minute trip (should we add dining?)

Mickeys.friend

Too far from the fun!!!!
Sort of a last minute trip here...had flights booked for family visit (to inlaws in Palm Bay)and plans fell through, so we decided to do Disney instead. I got lucky and got a room at POR. Is it too late do ya think to add dining to our package. I mean, I know we can still add it, but without ADR's is it worth it? I am thinking we may be having to eat at mostly CS restaurants because of not being able to get seating at the TS's....I could use some input on anyone that's ever been in the same boat! Thanks!!

LIZ

My suggestion would be to make a call to Disney Dining and see what is available for your time frame. You might find that with a little creativity, you will be able to get satisfactory dining options. Just be willing to be creative and try something new or adjust your times a little.

If you find that there is simply nothing available, your choice is to either eliminate the dining plan altogether or hope that when you get there, there are cancellations or you walk up as soon as a restaurant opens and hope they will seat you (or alternatively, come back much later in the evening for a late supper).

Wishing you luck in whatever you decide.

When are you going, BTW?

...In 9 days!!! POR!! Yay! Thanks for the advice...we are not plan-a-holics...obviously! We will try it and see what happens...I am just curious if you can use TS credits for CS meals should we not find a TS available on some days...

LIZ

You can use TS for CS credits... but why? You're better off paying out of pocket in that regard.

Have a great time whichever way you decide!!!

:sunny:

Did you book with a package? If you didn't I think you would have to add tickets and well as dining. Doesn't hurt to call and ask!

Absolutely! We just returned froma trip with the dining package and it really paid for itself. There were three of us, so it was about $90 per day for the plan. Nearly all of our TS meals alone were more than that:

Kona Cafe: 111.30
Le Cellier: 122.62
Kona (returned!): 98.62
Chef Mickey's: 85.87
1900 Park Fare: 98.62
Concourse Steakhouse:118.40

The only place that was a bit cheaper was Ohana, where we totaled $79.64 and Princess Storybook Breakfast @ Akershus for 73.42.

So, our average TS meal price was $98.56 - that alone makes the plan worth it!

CS meals seemed to average around $35, and we used a lot of the snacks on Mickey ice cream bars that I believe were $2.79 each, 3 per day.

So, that's approx. $140 worth of food for $90, and you have the convenience have being all pre paid, and and you're able to sample appetizers and desserts you've seen on the DIS without worrying about the price. :goodvibes

ETA: You shouldn't have too much of a problem with ADR's, especially if you start now. We changed a few of ours when we were there, and I was able to get Kona and breakfast at the Crystal Palace. There was definitely less of a selection of times by that point, but we got in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter