Last minute trip- resort help- POR/Dolphin

twinsmomvj

Mouseketeer
I just pulled the trigger on a last minute trip for my daughters (19, 7) and me. We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow for just 4 nights. Given the limited availability, here is what I am faced with:

Nights 1-3 (prices below include tax, and for dolphin, also includes resort fee):
Dolphin (worried about the 2 full beds) for $375 per night
POR-Riverside $384 Royal Guest Room woods view
POR-FQ $396 non-discounted garden view

Night 4 (need to switch bc couldn't find all 4 nights within budget):
WL- cooper creek deluxe studio

I have never stayed at POR. Last trip we stayed at BW for the first time and loved that area, so Dolphin is appealing for that reason. However, our last trip, we had hoppers for that trip which was awesome for evenings in Epcot- and I am undecided if we will hop this time.

Which option would you choose for our first 3 nights? I know I am overthinking but would love to hear some thoughts! :flower3:

I'd go with Dolphin. My family stayed at the Swan a few years back (the before times) and really enjoyed it. I don't think you can beat being able to walk to Epcot and HS. And the hoppers back then were great.

I think Dolphin pool is great for older kids. Just remember that their bus for MK only goes to TTC. The ability to walk to two parks from Dolphins. Is awesome though! Perk for POR is boat to DS but it seems like parks will be more your priority.

Dolphin also could have extended evening hours when you are there.

Dolphin, less expensive, probably bigger room, and deluxe resort benefits (if you are there during an evening EMH). And you can walk to 2 parks. Love POFQ, but for the lower rate at the Dolphin and it only being 3 nights, I'd book there. Ask when you check in (no matter what you choose) if they have the availability to stay the last night. Then cancel so you don't have to move - unless you want to.

Dolphin for sure if you will be going to Epcot and HS those days. Walking back from Epcot fireworks is infinitely better than buses in the crowd. We never walked to HS from Dolphin, but the boat drops you off way closer than buses. (The skyliner station is between the boat dock/entrance and the bus stops.)

Dolphin for sure if you will be going to Epcot and HS those days. Walking back from Epcot fireworks is infinitely better than buses in the crowd. We never walked to HS from Dolphin, but the boat drops you off way closer than buses. (The skyliner station is between the boat dock/entrance and the bus stops.)
I only like taking the boat to parks if I'm not trying to rope drop, I vastly prefer walking. Dolphin isn't a bad walk at all either to HS. The boats can be iffy because they make so many stops around the lake. If you just miss one it can be rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter