Last minute trip - March 1-5 and hard time with hotels

megansorensen

Earning My Ears
This is my first post after reading here for years :banana:

Anyway...my husband has decided we NEED to take a trip to Disney next week. One problem...I am having a tough time with hotels. All of the close ones are booked and I am overwhelmed with the ones that you can take ART from. We have a 9 year old and an 18 month old if that makes a difference.

Any tips? I think we may purchase passes while we are down there since we are going on another trip at the end of April as well as at Christmas not to mention over the summer!

The reason you are having a hard time with hotels is because there is a cheer competition that weekend. It is the Jr Nationals for USA Cheer. We will be down there for my 10yr old daughter and her team who are competing in it on Saturday. It is both days Saturday and Sunday.

Hope you find something. We are staying at Abby's Anaheimer Inn, Its on W. Katella Ave. The hotel said that its only a five minute walk. We have never stayed there before. But because of all the cheerleaders and families we didn't get the one we normally stay at when we go down. I just added another day last week and they said they still have rooms for the weekend. But again that was last week. Good luck finding a hotel.

OH MY GOSH! I totally didn't see your disboard name until after I posted!! Its KC. I saw you were from Santa Rosa and then looked. hahahaha totally small world! Georgia is cheering that weekend. We should meet up!

Funny KC, I just "saw" you in another post! I will let you know if we decide to go that weekend or the next. I am having a hard time waiting one more week! I would LOVE to meet up!

It would be awesome if ya get to go! I can't believe we are leaving in a week! Jr Nationals is a lot of stress. hahaha I just hope the rest of this week goes by fast so I can get on the road. I can't wait. Georgia's competition is on Saturday, but we will be there from Wednesday night for One more day at Disneyland when they are open 24hrs. until Monday.

We have never used the ART. We usually have a car with us.

We a few years back we stayed at the Double Tree (anaheim-orange county). They have their own shuttle that will that you to and from the parks. The hotel was nice.

Good Luck.

Art is 4.00 for a all day pass or 10.00 for a three day pass. We usually stay at super 8 and use Art I like it alot. When you go outside ur hotel if it's on the art route u can text to find out when the next shuttle is coming usually with in 15 min. I know the route is. Disneyland, Anaheim Rv park, Motel 6, Garden Walk and Super 8. I don't know the other routes but that can give u a rough idea. From disneyland to super 8 it is roughly a half an hour. From super 8 to Disneyland it's roughly 5 min. Super 8 is located at harbor and katella hope that helps alittle.

Anyway...my husband has decided we NEED to take a trip to Disney next week. One problem...I am having a tough time with hotels. All of the close ones are booked and I am overwhelmed with the ones that you can take ART from. We have a 9 year old and an 18 month old if that makes a difference.

I just did a quick search and was sent to Hotels.com, they had plenty of rooms for those dates, at moderate rates, which is normal for being a close date in offseason. Try it out search for the location, "disney california adventure" and it will almost list them by distance to the gates.

Hope you find something. We are staying at Abby's Anaheimer Inn, Its on W. Katella Ave. The hotel said that its only a five minute walk.

I hate to be the barer of bad news. 5 minutes is a tactic many locations use, just like across the street or a block away. It's about 5 minutes to the corner of the parks, not the gates. Expect a 15-20 minute walk.

If you are going to the parks go up Disneyland Dr. Into the GCH and follow the signs. Into DTD to DL or along the back edge of the lobby to DCA.

I used priceline's name your price thing. I bid $50 on a 3 star room. I got the weekend at the Marriott on Harbor. It's way too far to walk, but you can use ART or their shuttle service. I have a rental car. That, should you decide to rent, was only $83 from Thurs to Sun.

Did you find a hotel???? Are you gonna make it down this weekend? That would be pretty darn awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter