last minute trip for hubby and I.

JenEMT

I share a birthday with Disneyland!
im so excited. I was able to snag a quick last minute trip to Disneyland for the hubby and I, without kids. We arrive at LAX At 0930 Sunday morning and leave at 530pm Tuesday. We usually love a couple hours sitting at the cove bar trying out a couple alcoholic beverages. Since that is closed, my question is, where can we go to try a couple different yummy alcoholic drinks? We like trying new things. Any ideas?

Thanks!

They have most of the signature cove drinks in the upstairs area by the Wine Country Tratoria. They even have a sign advertising it.

That being said, I am a SUCKER for the bar at Napa Rose. I really enjoy Trader Sams outdoor seating at the DLH. It’s just so relaxing.

I never tried the Cove Bar but I LOVE Trader Sams, especially at night with the tiki torches and live music. The Carthay circle lounge is also really nice. I only had champagne on my visit but I imagine they have some good mixed drinks.

Lounge in Napa Rose! First come first serve after 5pm. They serve full menu but it is awesome for drinks and dessert and/or appetizers!

Hearthstone Lounge just off the GCH lobby is another great bar.

With Cove Bar closed, I think I would pick the bar at Napa Rose as my favorite bar choice, too. We also really enjoyed the lounge at Carthay Circle lounge and having out at Trader Sam's. We really enjoyed the Alfresco Tasting Terrace in the afternoon and at dusk. But one of our most memorable moments that DH and I had of this adult's only trip this past June was when we stopped at the Uva Bar on the way in to the parks for a couple of drinks and an appetizer. We had a good laugh about how our daughters would have been DYING that we stopped for drinks and a snack for about an hour before even entering the parks! It definitely set the mood for us that it was a kid-free trip!

P.S. Splitsville is now open and that would also be a fun one to try.

I think my favorite is Hearthstone in the Grand's lobby. I also like evenings outdoors at Trader Sam's when they have live music.

If you are planning on munchies with the drinks, Steakhouse 55 lounge has a nice menu. They also serve the full dinner menu. However, the place doesn't open until around 5:00 or 5:30pm.

If you don't want to exit the park, Carthay Circle Lounge is a nice stop. I wasn't overly impressed with the menu, but the atmosphere is very nice.

These are all great and exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter