• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Minute Trip.. at 29wks pregnant - What "not so popular" advice do you have?

DisneyMomma1216

Mama to 2 Miracle Mousekateers!
My husband has been looking into a way for us to take one last trip before our APs expire next month, and of course, I'm completely on board with it lol. However, this time around, I'll be 29 (almost 30) weeks. We went when I had just found out I was pregnant (I think I was 8-9 weeks), and that was in December lol.

I know the basics - take it easy, keep hydrated, and what rides I need to avoid. But I was wondering if any Mamas out there had any suggestions based on their own experiences recently in the parks. We are only going for a few days, and MK/Epcot is most likely where we are going to be. My husband already knows he's on kid duty with our 3 year old. Any advice you really don't hear/read about? :)

TIA!

I went once in my second trimester, and I remember being pretty tired one day and having to take a nap. I was in pretty good shape, but the heat & walking wore me out.

It might be fun to try to get a few fun "baby bump" photos (spaceship earth in Epcot, Cinderella's castle, character meet & greets, etc.)!

I went to WDW on "babymoon" for a long weeked with my first pregnancy at 26 weeks and did wonderfully. It was about 90 degrees in April. We stayed in the MK until after midnight and while I was tired, I did as well as I ever have. Now, every pregnancy is different. I am lucky that I have felt well throughout my pregnancies. I am currently pregnant with baby #2. I was in WDW at about 5 weeks and am going back at 27 weeks at the end of the month! Plan to spend some down time in attractions and at restaurants to get out of the heat and you should be fine! Go at the pace your body lets you. Don't feel the need to get everything done; you can always come back... but next time with your baby!

The most pregnant I went to a Disney park was Disneyland when I was about 7 months pregnant with my second. I had really easy pregnancies in general, but a long day of walking while pregnant would always leave me with a sore back. Some stretching and pregnancy-safe yoga poses (especially at the end of the day) helped a lot.

You might want to ask for some extra pillows for comfort while sleeping.

Stay hydrated, don't push yourself, avoid potentially dangerous rides. Other than that, treat it like a normal vacation.

Last edited:
We are usually "go, go, go!" when we go to WDW, but when I was 28 weeks pregnant I tried to soak up the little details everywhere that I normally wouldn't notice. I like photography so I took a lot of pictures while everyone else went on rides. Search for hidden mickey's, read lots of signs, and just stroll through the restaurants and shops as much as you can. Enjoy yourself! I usually have a terrible time dealing with the heat, but with the slow pace and constant breaks it wasn't so bad!

If your hotel has it (either in room or at the pool), use an in-room jacuzzi or outdoor hot tub for your feet and ankles. If it has to be a hot tub, DON'T get in the hot tub (since you can't regulate the temp), but sit on the edge and put your feet in after walking the parks...it will be lifesaving, especially if you are a pregnant "sweller.". While sitting, have a glass of ice water - between hydrating and getting your blood moving, the swelling should subside to reasonable levels.

I also 2nd the bring extra pillows or get extra pillows...

One thing you may want to consider is using the Baby Care Centers if you need to get out of the heat for a little bit. They are designed for parents of little ones, of course, but even your 3 year old could read a book with you or your husband in a cool space there so you could get off your feet for a bit.

So I went while I was 37 weeks pregnant this past November. The number one thing I have to say, is to sit as often as you can, and don't assume that you can walk or stand as much as you did last trip. My feet have NEVER ached as much as they did this last trip. I thought I came prepared, but honestly, I should have put even more thought into my footwear than I did. By the end of the trip I was carrying two extra pairs of shoes/flip flops in my bag so I could rotate throughout the day. Also, if you are flying, bring some compressions socks. They will help with swelling in the high altitude. Have fun!!!

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited, and definitely plan on taking it slow, and letting my hubby chase our 3 year old through the parks lol.

Be prepared to swell. Bring shoes that adjust or even an extra pair of your husbands. When I was 30 weeks with my 2nd, we drove 2 hrs to Ikea, shopped the whole store and drove 2 hrs home. That day, I went from wearing size 7 to having to squeeze my feet into my husband's men's size 11 nike slides until my baby was 3 weeks old.

It might be fun to try to get a few fun "baby bump" photos (spaceship earth in Epcot, Cinderella's castle, character meet & greets, etc.)!

I went to DL with my then 4-yo and 27 weeks pregnant. I felt great, though I got a little lightheaded running around the treehouse 2x (following the 4yo) while DH rode the Indiana Jones ride. Next time I would do the jungle cruise again.

We did also get some cute baby bump photos - I think I have one where Pooh and I are comparing the sizes of our bellies! :)

Be prepared to swell. Bring shoes that adjust or even an extra pair of your husbands. When I was 30 weeks with my 2nd, we drove 2 hrs to Ikea, shopped the whole store and drove 2 hrs home. That day, I went from wearing size 7 to having to squeeze my feet into my husband's men's size 11 nike slides until my baby was 3 weeks old.

My midwife warned me of swelling. We are only going for a few days, I think two of them being park days, so I'm hoping I don't have too much of an issue. But it's definitely something I'll be looking out for..thank you!

I went to DL with my then 4-yo and 27 weeks pregnant. I felt great, though I got a little lightheaded running around the treehouse 2x (following the 4yo) while DH rode the Indiana Jones ride. Next time I would do the jungle cruise again.

We did also get some cute baby bump photos - I think I have one where Pooh and I are comparing the sizes of our bellies! :)

Hubby already knows he's on kid duty, and she's ready to ride the coasters, so I think I'm safe haha. I'll have to look at some ideas for some cute bump shots! Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter