• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute seating for dinners - easier for solos?

librarylady

Mouseketeer
I am doing a four day solo to Disney before proceeding on to visit friends in Northern Florida. I have made a couple of PS for meals (1900 Park Fare-breakfast Whispering Canyon - dinner and Clam Bake - dinner). I thought I would just wing it for the other meals. I do want to schedule my time too heavily. I was wondering though if, as a solo diner, I would have an easier time securing a table at the last minute. My guess is that there are so many large groups that smaller tables might just be available - either that or, on the flipside, they have fewer tables for two or one persons. I would appreciate any feedback on this topic. Thanks Gail 10 days and counting! :cool1:

I've found this to be the case, both on my solo trips, and when traveling just with DH. I remember several times walking up to a resturaunt and hearing the family in front of me being told the wait is an hour or more. Then I go up, and the CM says "Oh, a table for 1 (or 2)? We can seat you right away!"

I was in MGM one early evening this past December, on my solo trip. I really wanted to eat at Sci-Fi
Right away. First I went to that MGM park podium where you can make reservations. They could get me a PS for just 15 minutes later. I just walked to Sci-Fi at a relaxed pace, and got seated almost right away. The Sci-Fi is perfect for a solo!

I had great luck at 'Ohana one night: I'd had a PS for 7:00 but was wiped out by about 4:30 (up at 3:00 am for the flight to Florida), so I joined the loooong line at the podium at 5:00 and asked if there were any way I could be wedged in early. Despite the fact that walk-ups were being told they'd have an hour's wait, the fantastic CM said they could get me in and I was paged within ten minutes.

OTOH, a few nights later at Le Cellier, I approached the podium ten minutes ahead of my PS time and was told I'd have a 40-minute wait from the time of my PS, while a walk-up ahead of me was told they could seat his party in 40 minutes - it seemed that neither being solo nor having a PS helped there.

It's always easier for singles to get into restaurants at the last minute.

You don;t always get seated right away, but the ait times for singles or couples are far shorter than for larger groups in any restaurant.

I never make advance PS for Disney restaurants; on my solo trips I always just show up at the podium and usually have pretty short waits, except for the really busy places like Boma and 'Ohana.

I was just there and was able to change my times to earlier ones at the resturant itself without a problem. I am sure you could go and put your name in and probably wouldn't wait as long as say a family of 4 or 5 would since it's just yourself.

This has not been my luck soloing with last minute choices. Last year i tried
making arrangements for dinner at 2 disney places from my hotel and was given the times of 4pm and 9pm. :confused3

disneytraveler said:
This has not been my luck soloing with last minute choices. Last year i tried
making arrangements for dinner at 2 disney places from my hotel and was given the times of 4pm and 9pm. :confused3

Time of year and day of the week also play a part. Busier times mean fewer available tables, as do special events like the CP dinner packages at Epcot during December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter