Last minute schedule change

Chimaera

Mouseketeer
Morning Dis'ers!

JetBlue cancelled my flight today and scheduled me for tomorrow, I'm on the phone now trying to get an extra day added to the back-end but does anyone know if Disney will accommodate a 1 day shift without a penalty? There's (luckily) still availability showing for our new last day but I cant change online and WDW lines dont open until 7...

edit : ok JetBlue got the return date extended by a day so now it's down to Disney and hoping for some pixie dust to pull this off without any cost!

Last edited:
We had to add a day to the end of our stay and we once had to add a day to the beginning of our stay. Both times the room cost for us was a little higher for the extra night than the original cost per night that we paid.
The last time we did this, they made a separate reservation for the extra night. I think they did this in order not to give us free dining for the extra day (We were on the free dining plan). It also really messed us up on using our magic bands. We had to get with the resort manager to get everything straightened out. If they don't book your extra day under a separate reservation, you shouldn't have any problems with your magic bands for park entry or for meals.
But I would expect to pay a little extra for your room by adding an extra day to your trip. I just know that it cost us a little extra. We also once had to shift our vacation week for the following week and they charged us extra for that. Charged us extra just for moving our week back one more week. Being that you had to drop a day, they may take that into consideration with no extra charge. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks, I don't mind paying for the extra day obviously but I don't want to be charged for tonight (since we won't be there!). Still seems odd to me that Disney doesn't have a 24/7 phone service, but I suppose that's better than outsourcing.

Thanks, I don't mind paying for the extra day obviously but I don't want to be charged for tonight (since we won't be there!). Still seems odd to me that Disney doesn't have a 24/7 phone service, but I suppose that's better than outsourcing.
I see what your saying. I didn't fully understand at first. I thought you were wondering if the extra night would cost more than the original cost per night. I really don't know what their policy is on a cancellation at short notice. Hope it all works out for you and hope you all have a great vacation.

Well I guess the luck is with me today (except for the initial flight cancellation). Dis reservations initially said they couldn't do anything as they showed no availability for the 24th and couldn't waive tonight's room charge, however they suggested I call the resort directly which I did and they were awesome! Check-in and Check-out each shifted 1 day out, magical express updated, FPs updated (luckily we didn't have much scheduled for today) and Garden Grocer were able to move us out one day. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here!

We are flying jet blue I am curious why your flight got cancelled. And so soon to the trip.

Weather.
Flight crew availability.
Mechanical.
Issues at either the previous, local, or destination airport.we

The last time we did this, they made a separate reservation for the extra night. I think they did this in order not to give us free dining for the extra day (We were on the free dining plan).
More/most likely because it was a separate reservation with no free dining availability for the one noght, or the offer had expired by the time the night was added.

JetBlue didn’t give a reason for the cancellation but looking around there were tornado warnings at JFK last night that’s JBs hub so lots of flights affected.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter