Last minute questions

mundaremom

Mouseketeer
We leave in 16 more sleeps (if I go to be quickly it will only be 15), and I have a couple of last minute questions. The hotel is booked and paid for so is the flight. We have vouchers for a character breakfast. Is this something I should book now or can I wait until we get there? Our travel agent says wait, but I am leary that if we wait we won't get in anywhere. I haven't figured out if I am excited, nervous, or scared about going?! It is my 2nd trip, our 10 years olds 2nd trip, husbands 3rd trip and 5 year olds first trip. What is considered the hub on main street for getting a good view of the fireworks? I think that is it for tonight. This site and the members on it have been so helpful. I just want to also say THANK YOU!!

Normally this is a slow time and you can get any character meal that you want, so that may be what you travel agent is basing her response on. However, the crowds have not slowed down much. I'd suggest scheduling something, especially if you have your heart set on a specific place.

The hub is the central area of the park, it's at the end of Main Street, before you get to the castle. For fireworks, just pick a spot and make sure you can see both the castle and the matterhorn and you'll be all set.

I will second that you should book a Priority Seating. As posted above the crowds are there now. I was there in August and this past weekend (Thurs-Sun) and this weekend was just as crowded, if not more than in August.
I always recommend booking a priority seating if you know you definitely want to eat at a certain restaurant.

Now I go on to question #2 - which Character Breakfast do you suggest and what phone number would I call to book it in advance? My voucher says:

Minnie and Friends @ Paradise Pier
Goofy's Kitchen @ Disneyland Hotel
Storytellers @ Grand California
Plaza Inn Main Street

I believe the list on the voucher is wrong.

Minnie and Friends are at the Plaza Inn. Your other choices are Goofys Kitchen, Story Tellers Cafe, and the Aloha Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at PCH Grill in Paradise Pier Hotel.

I have only done Goofy's Kitchen, twice now and both were different experiences. The food has been wonderful both times, and there is a great variety. Our first time we only had 3 characters,Goofy, Mary Poppins, and Dale, but we saw Pluto on our way out. I went again this past Sunday and there were so many characters, I don't now if I can remember them all..Goofy, Chip, Dale, Alice, Rafiki, Timon, Donald. I know there was at least 1 more, if not 2. The first time I went, Oprah had a room full of kids in the next room, so that may be why the characters were lacking for us. I'm guessing they were visiting them.

Overall I would recommend Goofy's Kitchen, but thats not saying the others are bad. I just dont have personal experience there.

Call and book it ASAP. When I called, the CM said they fill up really quickly.
I agree, that list looks wrong.
Go here for more info:

www.dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandHotel/dlhotel.html

It tells you which characters you can expect to see at which places.
I heard Mickey ::MickeyMo doesn't go to any of them though.

Have fun!

Albertamom what number did you call? I can't find a phone number to call and book. Please help!!!!!!!!

The number to arrange PS is (714) 781-DINE option 4.

Alrighty, 15 more sleeps and everything is falling into place. Thank you everyone for your character breakfast assistance. I called and booked it! I also called and ordered a couple of gift baskets to be in our room prior to arrival for the kids, oh that will be a big surprise. It looks like everything is in order and the nice young man wo took my basket order is also going to make some calls and try and arrange great weather for the week of November 9th.

Mundaremom, I hope the young man you spoke to is successful in his attempt to get you good weather, we arrive on November 9th too! :cool1:

Ha ha, we arrive November 5 and LEAVE on November 9 and we would like it to be rainy, thank you very much!! Rain won't stop us as we're from a rainy place anyway and at least some of the locals will stay home and keep it a bit more quiet. Rain=smaller crowds. Smaller crowds=happier family. However, that being said, nice weather would be a nice thing too so we're set either way.

Very true...we were there once in the rain and were almost alone in the parks. I think we rode Grizzly River Run 10 times without getting off. You should have seen us! At least we had come prepared and were all decked out in our quick-dry shorts, sport sandals and GoreTex jackets...we are from "Raincouver" after all! :flower:

Mundaremom, I love the way you call it sleeps. That is how we calculated time when my children were little.

When I was little we went in November every other year - it was perfect weather! We rarely ever (in fact - I can't remember a single time....) got rain! It was cool (we never went swimming), but we were also never hot in line for the rides! It's a beautiful time of year to go! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter