Last Minute Questions

All about me

Mouseketeer
I am in the home stretch for my Disney cruise and ran across a page with info I had printed off the internet in the first stages of my research and have few questions before I put this all to bed and start on the fun stuff (ie door decorations):

I booked both a princess meet and a mixology class on-line. Do I still need to go to guest services to pick up tickets for them or is it now all automatic?

Does the Hidden Mickey Challenge still exist? If so, where do I get the booklet?

Does Pluto's Pajama Party still exist? If so, so the children still get a free pillowcase to color and keep?

Does the Friendship Rocks show still exist?

Can you still get pixie dusted for free at the Bibbidie Boutique?

What is the best safest seasick medication for eight/nine year olds?

Thank you in advance for any answers. After trying to get precise info about Pirate Night, I have given up asking Disney about anything.

Tickets for anything that require them will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Never heard of the hidden Mickey challenge, but if they still do it then it will be listed in the personal navigator, otherwise check with guest services. My dd received pillowcases(to keep) when we were on the Fantasy in 2017. I believe they only do the pj party on cruises that are 7 nights or longer. We've never done a cruise that is less than 7 nights, so I'm not for sure about that. If your cruise has it, it will be listed in the personal navigator. My dd hasn't shown interest in going to the Friendship rock thing, so don't know about it or the BBB since she has outgrown caring about princesses. Just go there and ask about the dusting, I would assume they will still do it, unless you show up at a really busy time. Agree with PrincessShmoo, ask your dr about meds. My dd has never had any issues with seasickness, I on the other hand get sick anytime we hit rough seas, and I've done EVERYTHING to prevent it. Non-medical things you can try if you start to feel ill, is green apples(they have them on board, feel free to get some and take back to your room with you) and ginger candy. Also seabands may help.

Last edited:
As of last March, they still did the Friendship Rocks show. We never attended but our son was in the clubs when they were organizing it, so we received notices about it.

Really, that's a question for your child's doctor.
Grandchild, not child so it was a question for the children's parents.

The parents have okayed any over-the-counter seasickness medication for kids. We have used Gravol Kids in the past on flights but it knocked the child out. Clearly, I do not want that happening on our cruise.

So, now I am looking for parent's first hand experiences of which over-the-counter medications had the most positive results with the least negative effects (ie sleepiness).

I believe Friendship Rocks is only on the Wonder and Magic, 7 nt cruises. (Fantasy is a bigger ship, too many kids to do the show.)

Sorry, my kids were 12 and up for our first cruise, so they could take adult meds.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can buy a Hidden Mickey Book for the cruise line at your local bookstore or online but I do not remember the cruise itself sponsoring an actual event to find them.

I am in the home stretch for my Disney cruise and ran across a page with info I had printed off the internet in the first stages of my research and have few questions before I put this all to bed and start on the fun stuff (ie door decorations):

I booked both a princess meet and a mixology class on-line. Do I still need to go to guest services to pick up tickets for them or is it now all automatic? Tickets will be in your stateroom

Does the Hidden Mickey Challenge still exist? If so, where do I get the booklet?

Does Pluto's Pajama Party still exist? If so, so the children still get a free pillowcase to color and keep? It was still on our cruise on the Magic in June

Does the Friendship Rocks show still exist? It was on our cruise on the Magic in June

Can you still get pixie dusted for free at the Bibbidie Boutique?

What is the best safest seasick medication for eight/nine year olds? We use sea bands because I don't like the effects of medication, especially for a child

Thank you in advance for any answers. After trying to get precise info about Pirate Night, I have given up asking Disney about anything.
Yeah, I have been trying to get information about which day will be Halloween and keep getting different answers. I understand!

My nieces went to BBB on the Wonder last month. Almost every day after that they went up to BBB and received the free pixie dust. They even gave free pixie dust to one niece's stuffed bear.

The parents have okayed any over-the-counter seasickness medication for kids. We have used Gravol Kids in the past on flights but it knocked the child out. Clearly, I do not want that happening on our cruise.

So, now I am looking for parent's first hand experiences of which over-the-counter medications had the most positive results with the least negative effects (ie sleepiness).
Truthfully, in the US there is no traditional pharmaceutical product approved for kids that won't make them sleepy. We brought kids' Dramamine, sea bands, and a couple of natural ginger chews/tablets. Our pediatrician did not ok anything else for our son (who was 8 at the time we first sailed). I'll note that he was/is adult-sized; he's not quite 10yo and just about 5'7". Certainly larger than many adult women at 8, but that absolutely didn't matter to the pediatrician.

He hated the sea bands and stopping wearing them after a couple of days. And he never needed the dramamine. He used to get every kind of motion sickness a person could get, now just a bit of car sickness. However, zero issues on the ship then or this summer. He was the only person in our immediate family to NOT need something at some point. Go figure. I'm glad we were prepared with a kit of options, and I'm also glad we didn't pre-dose him "just in case".

My 11-yo had to get seasick meds one day on our cruise this summer. I went to the medical center and asked for "seasick pills" and they asked her weight and age and gave me a couple of white pills - not sure what brand they were, but they seemed to help and did not make her overly sleepy that I noticed. They are free, so you really don't need to buy any in advance unless you just want to. Also your kids may not get seasick at all. I think the reason she got queasy this time (never has before on any cruise) is that she was watching a movie in the theater while the waves started churning. Meanwhile me, the person in the family most likely to get motion sick, was totally fine (but I did not go to the movie).

As for the Hidden Mickey Challenge, I'm not entirely sure what it is (and I've been cruising DCL for over 10 years), but they do often have scavenger hunt challenges available at the Guest Services/Port Adventures desks on sea days - these are usually photo scavenger hunts where you pick up a sheet of photographs, and you have to identify where on the ship the image can be found. I don't believe there's any prize for completing them typically, but on some special cruise days, they've advertised a nominal prize (Chocolate for a Frozen-themed hunt, etc). You could easily ask once you get on-board if any are scheduled for your sailing.

Really, that's a question for your child's doctor.

There’s really only three actual drugs used, so there’s not a big choice.

We have used Gravol Kids in the past on flights but it knocked the child out. Clearly, I do not want that happening on our cruise.

Kids Gravol is dimenhydrinate.

There’s a children’s Dramamine you can pick up at your local drug store or grocery store.

Kids Dramamine is dimenhydrinate. Less of it than original Dramamine, but the same drug.

The other main drug is Diphenhydramine, which is Benadryl. That stuff knocks me out like you wouldn’t believe.

And Bonine, as well as Dramamine Less drowsy, is Meclizine.

And I can’t find Bonine for Kids; seems like it was discontinued someone recently. That was cyclizine.

From a website: “the Centers for Disease Control does not recommend meclizine, cyclizine, or promethazine for children.”

So the only thing for kids is dimenhydrinate, which knocked out the child in question, and perhaps benadryl’s Diphenhydramine.

I would go with sea bands and ginger. And maybe a homeopathic; homeopathy works brilliantly for my family for other issues.

Thank you for all the answers!

One more question: When/Where do you receive your Personal Navigator on embarkation day? At check-in or are they in your stateroom along with the tickets?

Thank you! That completes my final notes! Now onto costumes, door decorations and wake-up surprises!

There is also a Disney Navigator app you can download. It will start working as soon as you board the ship.
It a good idea to download it before you leave home.

I'll point out that sometimes your tickets will not be in your room when you first get there. They may show up in your room the night before the event. Just ask your stateroom host if you are unsure.

There is also a Disney Navigator app you can download. It will start working as soon as you board the ship. It a good idea to download it before you leave home.
Great suggestion but I am pretty anti-electronics on vacation so I own't have a cell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter