Last minute questions: Plus size t's? Lanyards?

BWCSH

Once and Future Disney Tourist
I know Unofficial Guide mentioned where to get lanyards...the type that have the plastic button that releases the key fob from the lanyard...and I was SURE I'd remember...but I don't! I had borrowed the book from the library, so I can't go back and check.

Also, is there any shop at DLR or CA that carries 3x t-shirts? I know years ago the only place you could get these was from a cart by the tunnels...I'm hoping there may be more options at this point. Does The Star Trader at DLR carry plus sizes???

Also, if you have been since the holiday treats have been released, what would you recommend?

My son leaves Friday. He's not a planner. I am. I'm trying to have a 3x5 card of hints that will help him make the most of his time in the parks!

I know Unofficial Guide mentioned where to get lanyards...the type that have the plastic button that releases the key fob from the lanyard...and I was SURE I'd remember...but I don't! I had borrowed the book from the library, so I can't go back and check.

Also, is there any shop at DLR or CA that carries 3x t-shirts? I know years ago the only place you could get these was from a cart by the tunnels...I'm hoping there may be more options at this point. Does The Star Trader at DLR carry plus sizes???

Also, if you have been since the holiday treats have been released, what would you recommend?

My son leaves Friday. He's not a planner. I am. I'm trying to have a 3x5 card of hints that will help him make the most of his time in the parks!
Many of the main stores carry larger sizes. If you don't see them be sure to ask. Sometimes they are in an out of the way area.
If you find one you like buy it... If you wait it might not be there later. Larger sizes seem to sell out fast. I've learned to shop in the morning.

Many stores have the lanyards you describe as well. No need to make a special trip to a specific store. They are usually near the pin section of the store and most of the non-specialty stores have pins. Of course, the pin specific shops like the one in Frontierland are another option that's sure to have lots of them..

I struggled to find shirts in 3x last December. I found a couple though at world of Disney.

Be aware that "plus size" Disney merchandise is usually nowhere near "plus size". Disney sizes run extremely small.

I have a 3X Haunted Mansion shirt that I bought at Disneyland that I only wear around the house because it's really poorly made. I wear a standard men's size large in regular clothes.

If you see something you like buy and be sure to try it on something’s run big others run really small. I bought a few cute in the hanger items and it looked awful on me so returned.

Note the Spirit Jerseys run large. I bought an XL and I’m normally and 2x in plus sizes.

I wear a 3x and have plenty of shirts to keep me in Disney style. Don't forget to check out the dress shop, all those super cute fancy dresses come in 3x also!
They definitely do have 2 lines of sizing. There's teen sizing and adult sizing (juniors and women's I'm guessing). Just look at the small, if it looks like it's for an 8 year old, that's the teen sizing and all the sizes will be significantly smaller than normal.
I've found regular plus size clothes in all the stores.

Thanks, all! The kids will only have 2 days in the parks...and not even 2 full days, since the choir has to leave to go somewhere else for their recording session, then they have a live performance (not sure where...the school said it would update, but I haven't been able to find info. I am hoping someone will live cast the performance on FB for those whose parents couldn't afford to go along!), so I just wanted to try to help him save time looking. I guess if he doesn't find a shirt, it will be okay. I'll give him your tips in hopes they make it easier for him!

Disney sizing is really hit-or-miss to me. It depends on the manufacturer and the style, and there are many of both. I have some Disney tops that are size small that fit me just fine, and I have others that are size XL that are snug. (I typically wear a large).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter