• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last minute planning!!!!

jacquek95

Mouseketeer
Hi there! OK, well looks like I procrastinated a little too long :rolleyes1 & now we leave on the 18th & I have very little planned! So, any help would be greatly appreciated (I already really appreciated all the info I've gleened from this board already--you all are the best!!!!)

We'll be staying at the Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France, which is not suppose to be too far from Disney (we have a 4 month old & a 3 yr old so the extra space will be nice). We're arriving in the afternoon of March 20 & leaving March 24. So far we're definitely planning on hitting the parks the day we arrive & we'll hit it the day we leave, but the 3 days in between are open. We want to spend a couple of days in Paris, so what days would you suggest we do at the parks (we like the parks when they are less crowded)?

Also, does anybody know how much the train tickets are from the Chessy station into Paris? I found the Paris Visite website, which quotes prices for
complete transportation passes, but not just hte individual ticket into Paris.

Also, I think we're going to go ahead & buy the annual pass (I guess it's too late to buy shares for the shareholder club - ooops). I read here that you can just buy them at the park, but how do you get reimbursed for the parking on the 1st day to get into the parks (I'm guessing that you pay for parking up front when you enter the parks, like at WDW?)

We're so very excited as we are huge WDW fans (we just moved here to England from Florida) & can't wait to experience the magic of DLP!!! Any extra info or help you can think of would be really appreciated!

Just read you'vemoved from Florida, take lots of warm clothes plus hats, scarves & gloves.

Hire a stroller/pushchair if you don't take one with you.

yes you have to pay upfront for parking, ask at the annual passport office re a refund.

As your visit is during the week, I would have said that any of those days will be fine to visit the park. I don't think there are great variations in attendance during the week, though for some reason I think it might be slightly less crowded at the beginning of the week. Hopefully somebody else might know more!

I believe the cost of the RER is 6-7 euros each way, so it would probably be worth buying the Paris Visite card.

But my big tip, to anyone who loves WDW and is visiting DLP for the first time - please don't go expecting it to be same. It's a wonderful place, but the whole resort is much more compact and has a very different feel to WDW!!! You will find the Disneyland Park to be very similar to the Magic Kingdom, though it's even more detailed and beautiful!! :lovestruc

Would love to hear how you get on at the Marriott :)

jacquek95 said:
Also, I think we're going to go ahead & buy the annual pass (I guess it's too late to buy shares for the shareholder club - ooops). I read here that you can just buy them at the park, but how do you get reimbursed for the parking on the 1st day to get into the parks (I'm guessing that you pay for parking up front when you enter the parks, like at WDW?)

Take your parking receipt to the annual passport bureau and you'll be refunded.

Hi jacquek95
Great to hear your visiting soon.
I work at the Marriott resort so if you have any questions let me know.
Are you an owner with Marriotts or are you renting.

Mart

Martin would be great if you could post up some details or advice to people thinking about staying here. If you are unsure if they are within posting guidelines just PM the mods. We'll be happy to help :)

Ok, if you think it will help people.
Well I don't want to be seen as just trying to promote Marriotts.
I'll have a think and post something up soon.

Mart

Mart, I think it would be a great help. There have been a couple of questions about Marriots in the past, it would be really good to have some info to help people in the future. :goodvibes

Thanks everybody for the great info...please keep it coming! Also, thanks Mart for letting me know you're at the Marriott, maybe we'll see you there. We're not owners, but have been Marriott reward members forever & always stay there to get the points when possible (we're trying to save up for a dream vacation to Hawaii). We're actually DVC owners, so when we at WDW, we stay at the Boardwalk.

We've thought up a couple more questions. Does anyone know how late the Chessy train runs from Paris back to the Chessy station? Also, regarding the parks, how strict are they on not letting food into the parks. I know at WDW, they're pretty lenient. We bring Cokes, snacks bars, snacks for the kids, etc... in & have never had a problem. Do the do the same as DLP?

Thanks again!
Jacque'

The last RER train leaves the Chatelet station at 12:36 am. Thats the most central station but it still goes to all the RER A stations in Paris so stations before Chatelet leave earlier and stations after a few mins later. Of note for the RER, unlike the metro, you need your ticket both when you board and exit so keep it handy.

Many children in France dont have school on Wednesday so you could see a spike in crowds on that day. In Paris that is the day they tend to take field trips to museums.

DLP aren't strict about you taking food in. In the past I've seen people with huge coolboxes eating their lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter