Last minute one or two day visit in Feb. Worth it without FP?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Hoping someone can help me. My adult daughter and I will be in Orlando for a few days after a cruise. We were thinking of doing a day or two at MK and or Epcot but want to make the decision once we get there because we have other things planned as well.

Will it be worth doing a day or two with no advance planning and FP’s?

We have been a ton of times, just not the last couple years.

We would plan to be at rope drop before opening to get an early start. Just wondering if we would be able to grab any last minute fast passes the day of, or spend most of the day just waiting in long lines.

And yes,it will be the week of Presidents Week so we know the parks will be busy.

Thanks!

It's been a good time when I've started planning at 10 p.m. the day before to go to the park the next day. I don't think it's that different than planning far ahead, you'd just start off with three fastpasses that are not quite at the level of the fastpasses you'd otherwise have.

Just did a last minute, no preplanning, trip over marathon weekend. My sister and I were able to get a number of options in Magic Kingdom, including Space Mountain, with enough refreshing. Once we saw the ride we wanted, we picked it, and then kept refreshing to change the time to something we liked better.

On the other hand, with Test Track closed, I don't know that there will be a ton of availability in EPCOT. If you don't care that much about the EPCOT rides and would be happy wandering world showcase, then I would say no problem- just do it.

A lot of times we don't even book FP until the night before or day of when we're traveling with 3 people because it's pretty doable to get day-of FP. You'll be fine with 2 people!

My daughter (19) and I just did a day at Epcot and a day at Mk before our cruise. We just got home yesterday. We really enjoyed Epcot International Festival of the Arts. We had a great time looking for the hidden chalk character drawn on buildings in the World Showcase. Our MK day was okay. It was very cold. We were able to get fast passes a few days before.

If you go to Epcot, 95% of World Showcase has no Fastpasses, and you'll be able to find some Fastpasses for things like Turtle Talk, Imagination, Nemo, and Living with the Land. You'll probably even luck into a Spaceship Earth if you keep checking and checking.

That said, if you want to do rides primarily, Magic Kingdom is definitely the place to go. Buy your tickets now, there's going to be plenty of Fastpass availability until about a week out. Even on a very busy day, you'll usually find Fastpasses day of for all sorts of things.

Of course you should go! Don’t worry about fast passes, especially if you go to Epcot. Do single ride for Test Track and get fast passes for the rest. When I went in mid October I got a 3PM Frozen Ever After for my party of four at 11AM simply by reloading again and again. By doing that, you should probably be able to get Soarin or FEA, and all the other rides you can probably get on with low waits or easily get a FP for.

Yep, worth it and do it. We never book FPs in advance. Maybe the night before but usually the morning of on the bus or walking to the park. We rarely do rope drop either. It depends on what you want to do and if you just have to ride a certain ride or your vacation is ruined. We were there last week and Epcot had EMH one of the nights were there. We didn't know about it until that afternoon (we just don't plan). We did MK that morning and I even got a SDMT on the bus over for about 9:45 am. After an almost full day at MK (for us) we left around 3:30 and went back to the Dolphin, rested a little bit and I got an ADR for around 6:30 at Beaches and Cream. Walked over there and ate, walked to Epcot and rode SSE, Soarin and The Land, walked through the Seas, wandered back to WS and grabbed coffees and watched the FWs. TT was down for refurb or we would have been able to do that. The only ride I've never been able to get day of is FoP but we just do standby on that if it's less than a hour. It helps that we don't do many of the jerky coasters, my son has nerve damage in his back so Space Mountain, RnRC, Splash Mountain (mama don't do water) EE and sometimes BTM are out for us.

Actually, I think it sounds like a lot of fun. We've done WDW a number of times, and I would welcome the challenge of planning a last minute day in the parks. It would be a completely different experience than what we are used to. It would force us to eat at new places and wait in some lines that we've never seen, such as Peter Pan. Since it is only a relatively short trip, I would stay until closing, which we've never done. (We usually have to get to bed early to make RD the next day.) I hear that the night time is the new RD in terms of wait times. And since we are staying from opening to close, it might be nice to take a break for dinner at a resort we've never seen. There are a million possibilities! Whatever you decide, Have Fun!

We did that December 28 &29. We decided last minute to go. We renewed our annual passes when we got to Animal Kingdom on the 28th. That was when we made fastpasses. It was nice not to be on a full schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter