Last minute first time trip to Disneyland, a few questions

If it were me, I might consider attempting the parks on July 4 rather than doing something else. The beaches will be packed, the freeways will be a mess. Maybe you will luck out and the parks won't be too bad. After all, the actual 4th is the last day of a four-day weekend and many people will be headed back to work Wednesday. Plus I think a lot of locals like to do things like beaches, parades, family BBQs on the Fourth. And maybe people will fear big crowds on the Fourth and so avoid it. I wonder if the parks will be really busy on the weekend and Monday and quieter on Tuesday. It's a gamble for sure, but you never know. I definitely wouldn't drive to Palm Springs on a holiday.

I think the parks will be packed on July 4 -- but I would still take this advice and spend the day at the resort! I'd much rather be there, and mobile on foot, than stuck in what is sure to be 2000% unbearable traffic on the last day of a summer SoCal four-day weekend. I live in LA, and trying to travel on a holiday weekend is always frustrating and interminable. I definitely would not want to drive back and forth from Anaheim to Palm Springs on the Fourth. (Just for reference, it took more than three hours for us to drive from LA to Palm Springs on a non-holiday with just normal Monday evening traffic. I would expect your return to LA on the Fourth to take AT LEAST that long.) Especially if I wanted to hit rope drop at the parks on Thursday, I'd spend the Fourth taking it slow around the parks and Downtown Disney: see a movie, spend a long time at a nice dinner, go to bed early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter