Last Hotel to Park bus?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
What’s the last bus to go from Contemporary to Epcot or Studios?

Do Epcot busses take you to the International Gateway?

On my September MK day, I have a 515 reservation at The Wave. I’m hoping to catch a bus back to Boardwalk, or alternatively, a bus to Epcot to walk back. Is this possible?

i have a toddler and an ECV so Uber is too complicated. I need Disney transport or to cancel the reservation.

International Gateway is not on a road. No bus stops there. Buses stop at the front of Epcot. Currently park hopping is not allowed, so if you are going to MK that day you can’t enter Epcot and walk through it that night.

International Gateway is not on a road. No bus stops there. Buses stop at the front of Epcot. Currently park hopping is not allowed, so if you are going to MK that day you can’t enter Epcot and walk through it that night.

Thank you, that is very helpful! My only option is HS then, but only if there is a bus from the Contemporary to HS at HS closing time.

When you are done eating you would have to take a bus to DS and transfer to the bus that will get you back to your resort would be one option. Or take the DHS bus and walk to the Boardwalk. You should be done with plenty of time to catch a bus to DHS. Since DHS does not require park admission to walk to the Boadwalk would be the easiest option for you But i see in your other thread post you mention your reservation is 6:15. If so you won't be able to catch a bus to DHS. So the DS I mentioned would be your only option.

Last edited:
When you are done eating you would have to take a bus to DS and transfer to the bus that will get you back to your resort would be one option. Or take the DHS bus and walk to the Boardwalk. You should be done with plenty of time to catch a bus to DHS. Since DHS does not require park admission to walk to the Boadwalk would be the easiest option for you But i see in your other thread post you mention your reservation is 6:15. If so you won't be able to catch a bus to DHS. So the DS I mentioned would be your only option.

I have changed things around which is why I am trying to figure out the last bus from Contemporary to a park. I posted here because I thought someone in the Transportation forum might know the answer. But No one seems to know what time the last bus would run to a park at closing.

Typically, a bus would not be going to a closed park. So, maybe, a half hour before closing?

Nobody knows because nobody knows. Likely nobody has tried to get a bus from a resort to a closed park since Disney reopened. You can try for a DHS bus, but you should probably expect to have to transfer at Disney Springs.

I kind'a think you would be wise to cancel the reservation. Almost always, resort to resort bus trips require making a connection, and it is complicated for early morning or late evening trips.

If Magic Kingdom is not fully cleared of guests tnen you could walk from Contemporary to there and get the Boardwalk bus. On the way you will pass the bus platforms (can? jump? over to them to save some walking?)

The rule has been that buses do not take guests from resorts to parks in the process of closing which means after the closing time for the respective park.

But often the driver upon request will take a guest at a resort to a closed park he was already dispatched back to, for the purpose of retrieving a car in the theme park's lot, hint hint.

Buses after dropping at a resort in the evening tend to be dispatched (empty) to a nearby park to pick up the next load of guests going back to their resorts. So if you were trying to get back to a distant park, finding a willing driver would be more difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I’m throwing in the towel lol. A park bus right at closing isn’t likely, and a Disney Springs trip is too long. I can’t chance getting an MK bus. I’ve tried everything I can think of - it’ll wait for the next trip.

The rule has been that buses do not take guests from resorts to parks in the process of closing which means after the closing time for the respective park.

But often the driver upon request will take a guest at a resort to a closed park he was already dispatched back to, for the purpose of retrieving a car in the theme park's lot, hint hint.

Buses after dropping at a resort in the evening tend to be dispatched (empty) to a nearby park to pick up the next load of guests going back to their resorts. So if you were trying to get back to a distant park, finding a willing driver would be more difficult.

This was pre-Covid (last year), but here's what we experienced. We were at AKL around 10pm (MK closing time) and needed to get back to the Contemporary where we were staying. A Magic Kingdom bus pulled up, but as we were trying to get on, the driver said that MK was closed and that there was no bus service to a closed park. I explained that we were actually trying to go to MK so we could walk back to our room at the Contemporary. He let us on (we were the only passengers), and then a few minutes into the ride, he said he'll take us directly to the Contemporary before he goes to MK. A magical way to end the night, and I'm sure that the people waiting at the Contemporary bus stop were confused when a Magic Kingdom bus pulled up and let us off.

Thanks guys. I’m throwing in the towel lol. A park bus right at closing isn’t likely, and a Disney Springs trip is too long. I can’t chance getting an MK bus. I’ve tried everything I can think of - it’ll wait for the next trip.
What about going to The Wave for breakfast or lunch, instead of dinner?

What about going to The Wave for breakfast or lunch, instead of dinner?

I did think of this. It is too cumbersome for us to leave the Park, and I preferred a dinner menu.

For those of you with kids you know Toddler time? When your three year old takes two hours to do something that should take five minutes? That’s my group, and rushing them creates stress. I wish WDW would have more buses since the parks are closing early, but it is not worth the stress to fight a bus for dinner.

If your final destination is Boardwalk Resort, you can walk over to MK and take the Boardwalk Resort of course pending when MK closes that night. I would suggest you talk to a Security CM as you walk to Contemporary Resort and find out if you will be allowed to return to MK bus depots if it is past closing. If they say you are unable, DS or DHS (if still open as you can walk from DHS) are your best options.

Best thing to Remember, if a park is closed Bus Drivers can not take guests to park unless vehicle is parked at that specific park. You can ask and they may be able to assist in other ways. Never hurts to ask, but be nice and patient...they don't NEED to help.

IMO this seems very complicated to get to a dinner. You’ve put a lot of energy into trying to make it work, but sometimes it’s not worth it. There are so many unknown variables on a normal Disney trip and now there are Covid issues to contend with. I’ve done the catch the last bus at the last minute to a park before closing time with adults who were willing to wing it, but throwing in a toddler adds another level. I agree that the bus drivers have their routes/rules and have to follow their orders. I would not expect the odds to work out in your favor right now. I hope you can make this happen another time for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter