• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lapu Lapu

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
Is this still at Kona? I couldn't find it on the menu on allears. I'm not a big drinker, but have wanted one of these for years. September is first adult only trip so thought I'd tackle it then.

I was just there last week and there were many, many being served. I don't think they will be removing it from the menu any time soon. Enjoy!

Can you get one to go?

Not 100% sure what you mean... they will bring you the drink and yes, you could leave with it to walk around the Poly or go to the beach. On the flip side, you can also get the drink at the Tambu Lounge outside 'Ohana and bring it into Kona if you're waiting for your table. I'm not sure they'd allow you to go to the parking lot but that's not the best idea anyways...

They were being served 2 weeks ago at Tambu Lounge. I didn't have one because I had one several years ago and was a bit disappointed in it. I did see them being served.

I have a short solo visit coming up with not much time to stop. I was hoping to get one to go and hop on the monorail to epcot assuming I would finish it before going into the park. Does anyone see any problem with this?

Just a warning Lapu Lapus are very strong! On our honeymoon I didn't read the description thinking it would be like a pina colada.. NOPE! It was so strong I had to keep adding juice to it! lol

This is my first time at Disney since I turned 21 and I can't wait to have one! :cool1:

Just a warning Lapu Lapus are very strong! On our honeymoon I didn't read the description thinking it would be like a pina colada.. NOPE! It was so strong I had to keep adding juice to it! lol

I know! I had my first one this December and it knocked me on my behind. Since I had driven to the Poly, I literally had to wait a couple of hours to sober up before I could leave, but that was fun, too. I was solo that trip and all I could think about was how unladylike it must look for a middle aged woman to be buzzed, walking alone on the beach. :laughing: That night the MK was closing early for a Fantasyland Press Event and I was the only one on the Poly boat over to the Park [less than an hour before MK closed]. The "Skipper" was so sweet and held the boat in the middle of lagoon [boat traffic was thick] so I could get the perfect shot of the Castle. For some reason, that picture didn't turn out so hot.

Thanks for the warning you two! Like I said in my first post, I'm not a big drinker and fairly new to it...usually can't go beyond one glass of wine, but have been wanting to try one of these since I first saw one.

Yes, it is still at Kona. If you get there, look at a bar menu and you don't see it, then ask the bartender. It has at least two kinds of rum in it. Maybe three. Honestly it's just rum, orange juice and sour mix served in a pineapple.

Yes, you can get one to go. It's not served in glass, so you can carry it away with you.

I think the liquor license allows you to carry it around the resort. If you wanted to take it on the monorail I don't see how they could stop you, but I think you're technically supposed to hang around the resort. It's kind of an awkward thing to carry around with you though. You are correct in saying that you won't be able to carry it into a park.

They make some strong drinks at the Tambu lounge. I am allergic to orange so DH had a lapu lapu and I had some other equally potent yet delicious drink. Even DH commented on how strong it was. This trip I will be asking for one with pineapple juice :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter