Lanyards??

peanut520

Mouseketeer
We've been spoiled by magic bands and am wondering how people manage tickets at universal? We are staying on site at PB so I know we need to show our room keys to use EP. How do you manage the tickets and EP/Room keys? Lanyards? If so what kind is best? The regular lanyards with the pouch or the break away type? TIA

Lanyards all the way. It is so easy. You have two items.

For us, we have a room key that is the EP and our AP. We have the AP facing outwards in one side that can be scanned......and the room key facing the other way which is scanned at every ride for EP.

We have lanyards with clear plastic pouch that seals, and it really is the easiest way to have your tickets/room key.

That way you don‘t need to rumble about trying to find anything in bags or pockets at each ride. We tuck the lanyards into our tops on wilder rides so they don’t fly off on rides that they could.

Lanyards all the way. It is so easy. You have two items.

For us, we have a room key that is the EP and our AP. We have the AP facing outwards in one side that can be scanned......and the room key facing the other way which is scanned at every ride for EP.

We have lanyards with clear plastic pouch that seals, and it really is the easiest way to have your tickets/room key.

That way you don‘t need to rumble about trying to find anything in bags or pockets at each ride. We tuck the lanyards into our tops on wilder rides so they don’t fly off on rides that they could.
I do the same and also insert, in between the two cards, a credit card and a $20 for emergencies.
I have found that the shops will happily replace the plastic bits if they break.

I do the same and also insert, in between the two cards, a credit card and a $20 for emergencies.
I have found that the shops will happily replace the plastic bits if they break.

Yep, they’re ideal.

I do need to replace the plastic on mine, it’s 10 years old and has been fabulous, but starting to split on the side. Don‘t think they make the same old tough style anymore......I’ll find a new one in May.

It has lasted well though!!

Highly recommend you wait and buy in the parks. They have so many amazing universal themes to choose from! They are of very high quality as well.

How much do they cost in the parks?
Pretty sure they were all (or nearly all) $12 when we were there in Dec. expensive, but it was fun for us all to pick a theme we liked, they have so many.

The only issue I had was I had my room key for EP, my ticket, and the photo card, so I couldn’t have all 3 facing out at all times and had to fumble in the little pouch when I needed the third card. But I can’t think of any other solution, I needed the park ticket least so kept it as the less accessible one.

Pretty sure they were all (or nearly all) $12 when we were there in Dec. expensive, but it was fun for us all to pick a theme we liked, they have so many.

The only issue I had was I had my room key for EP, my ticket, and the photo card, so I couldn’t have all 3 facing out at all times and had to fumble in the little pouch when I needed the third card. But I can’t think of any other solution, I needed the park ticket least so kept it as the less accessible one.
We just used a second pouch clipped onto my lanyard for the photo pass. Only problem is some of the photographers insisted we take the photo pass out of the pouch before they took a picture of it.

We just used a second pouch clipped onto my lanyard for the photo pass. Only problem is some of the photographers insisted we take the photo pass out of the pouch before they took a picture of it.
Hey, good idea, I never thought of a second pouch in the same lanyard, I only thought a of wearing 2 lanyards! We never had to take the card out, thankfully.

I do need to replace the plastic on mine, it’s 10 years old and has been fabulous, but starting to split on the side. Don‘t think they make the same old tough style anymore......I’ll find a new one in May.

Last year mine ripped and I asked at the IOA Trading Company (large store in Port of Entry) store if they just sold the plastic pouches for the lanyards and the TM gave me one. She said they keep them in stock to replace them if your lanyard pouch rips.

Universal is a special place. Once again a kindness above and beyond.

Last year mine ripped and I asked at the IOA Trading Company (large store in Port of Entry) store if they just sold the plastic pouches for the lanyards and the TM gave me one. She said they keep them in stock to replace them if your lanyard pouch rips.

Universal is a special place. Once again a kindness above and beyond.

Yes, their customer service is second to none.

I have lots of those pouches, but they aren't as sturdy, for want of a better word as the ones we got many years ago. I have to see if we can still get them.....I think they may have been from Tom`s offices. If it is we`ll have to put in a call...….::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter