Lanyard yes or no?

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
As Disney people I’m so used to wearing that convenient little magic band. But we’re going to the Darkside next month and staying at Portofino so we will have express pass and we bought annual passes. I admit I’m not really into the look of a lanyard, but I’m wondering if you all think it’s a necessary evil for the ease of the express lines? Thanks in advance.

I have the UO trifold wallet that has a sleeve to put your ticket or ap card in

wear it around my neck to show my ap and then tuck it under my top

been using it for years back in the day when UO was only one park

Necessary? No. You can do it without, and plenty of people do, it's just so much easier to have your EP easily available as you'll be using it all day - much more often than you use a Magic Band.

If you didn't like wearing the lanyard, it still would be nice to have the pouch to put your park pass and EP/Room key in to put in your pocket.

No. Pocket works fine. Easy access. I brought lanyards after suggestions here, but we never even brought them to a park. You pull your EP / ticket out, they scan it, you pop it back in. No hassle.

I find them SO convenient, room key on one side( for charging and EP) and AP on the other side for park entry and discounts!
Don’t take a bag, all I have is lipstick in pocket!

We never used a lanyard (3 prior visits) until last December, it was so much more convenient that we will always have them, and bought some extras for our next trip

Lanyards are helpful. We have Harry Potter ones. :) BUT, do tuck in your shirt before wild rides. Mine flew off at RRR and the awesome lady behind us CAUGHT IT!!!! I offered to buy her dinner/drinks/anything and she refused. I HAD caught a guy's hat the day before on Splash Mountain at MK so my son thought this was our reward, but seeing as I had my tickets and credit card in the lanyard, we got the better luck!

I'm all for lanyards. I use a badge holder I got from amazon that has multiple slots on each side as well as a zippered section in the middle. It holds my annual pass, my room key, credit/debit card, ID, and cash. I use a carabiner to clip my car key on it and then I'm bag free :)

As Disney people I’m so used to wearing that convenient little magic band. But we’re going to the Darkside next month and staying at Portofino so we will have express pass and we bought annual passes. I admit I’m not really into the look of a lanyard, but I’m wondering if you all think it’s a necessary evil for the ease of the express lines? Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what you mean by "the look of a lanyard." Most people will not be judging you based on what you wear, and you will see tons of other people with lanyards. You can always tuck the lanyard into your pocket when you're taking pictures. If you have Express Pass, a lanyard makes it much easier for them to scan. The alternative is constantly taking the pass out of your pocket/bag and putting it back into your pocket/bag almost every time you go on a ride or buy something. It is completely up to you which you prefer.

If you are someone who enjoys the convience of MagicBand, then do a lanyard. You can have Express Pass facing out of one side for them to scan, and the Annual Pass on the other.

Just got back from my first trip in a few years. When my boys were young I said no to lanyards and just would be in charge of express passes. Thought I’d do the same things this trip. That lasted about half a day and dropping cards on ground a few times when digging them out of pocket. Bought three lanyards and so glad I did. Express pass/room key on side, ticket other side. Easy as can be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter