Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

hit the nail on the head, why are they not communicating? This isnt an oops we forgot, they know this is a huge population of people and they know what the plan is.

There is also the conspiracy theory being floated that its such a large population of people that they want us to cancel so they can manage attendance even more for the rest of 2020.

On that conspiracy theory the more DVC members cancel in frustration the more DVC accommodations available at 60 days that Disney can snatch up and transfer guests from other hotels. And banking those points to next year means the game of musical chairs to see gets a reservation becomes even more contentious next year.

I called member services Friday night and they said tickets could be updated to a gold ap. We have really old partially used park hoppers with two days left and a lot of water park days. Somehow I made five day of reservations for the parks. But we aren’t sure if we will have the tickets. We get there 7/11. Not sure if we can upgrade these old tickets (on the app it says may be able to upgrade to annual pass). But then we can’t use the water park ones? We plan on going to guest services to see our options. Really want a gold ap
I was told I couldn't upgrade to a gold pass now, but want to call tomorrow-so what number..that is the ultimate question!!!

I will share my story.
My husband and I are FL residents AP holders on MONTHLY PLAN. I stress monthly plan for a reason that comes out later on.

We have our friends from PA vacationing with us. We all have the DVC reservations that were made pre-pandemic for NOV 14-22, 2020.

On Friday 6/19 later in day we found out they were opening up Park Pass Reservations. Of all the passes, mine was the only one that had EXPIRATION date before our arrival (11-9-20). I was unable to renew my FL Res AP due to the "prior to 60 days" rule. So I was in a true predicament. I called the AP number and after 2 HOURS on hold was told that I could only speak to the "FL RES MONTHLY PAYMENT" department. I make my payments every month with a credit card. And they were closed ALL WEEKEND not to re-open until 8 am (1 hour after the Park Pass system opened). So we called. Had a 90 min hold time. Finally spoke to a nice CM and he told me I was entitled to a 30 day extension and was I accepting it. YES I said! This would now give me a new exp date of DEC 9th which was perfect as our stay ended Nov 22. He says "great....I will connect with the Ticketing Dept to get this all finalized". And I am now back on hold for about 20-25 min. A female CM picks up and seems to know NOTHING of what was just discussed between me and the male CM from the "monthly payment dept". So I explain everything all over.......

So she says to me. Well......you are eligible for a 30 day extension but that cannot be done until 6/26 (or maybe she said 6/28??). I am near tears now. I said I am traveling with 5 other people and the MDE Park Pass system is preventing ALL of us from making park passes. The only option to get park passes prior to this call was to just remove me from the trip----nobody wanted that. We were all upset. I stated this to the Ticket Dept CM. She said I was one of those people in a true dilemma. She says....well I can "renew your FL RES Silver AP but you cannot go on monthly plan. You must pay in full now". So, while I was not prepared to part with close to $500 at that given moment, I did whip out my credit card and paid to RENEW. So I am quite certain some sort of exemption was extended to me? I count it as a blessing but this is TRULY A HUGE SNAFU IN THE MDE system. Normally in non-pandemic times I would have just renew'd on 9/9/20 and then been able to make Fast Passes. With the freezing of pass purchases Disney left out a HUGE group. Maybe because we were traveling with another family and it was directly affecting them?? Not sure. Maybe the pleading in my voice??? Again, I feel so bad for so many out there in similar situations.

Thanks for listening............

So....out of curiosity for anyone willing to be on hold for hours tomorrow to try and get tickets added to your DVC room only reservation for 2021 so that you can make a park reservation, what number are you going to use? The new tickets number or the DVC number? Anyone know what number to call tomorrow to get tickets added?

So....out of curiosity for anyone willing to be on hold for hours tomorrow to try and get tickets added to your DVC room only reservation for 2021 so that you can make a park reservation, what number are you going to use? The new tickets number or the DVC number? Anyone know what number to call tomorrow to get tickets added?

That's IF they will add them to DVC 2021 reservations. I was told twice that it wont be allowed tomorrow by CM's UGH. No idea on number.

I have a split stay scheduled over New Year's. I also have annual passes scheduled to expire now in September (after being extended). Any idea what my options are for tickets? Can I buy for the 2021 portion tomorrow, but not for the 2020 portion? Could I renew the annual pass? I can't keep track of the rules. It feels like they are just making stuff up randomly.

I'm so lost. We have reservations at OKW in December and in looking at the reservation system, all of December is already grayed out for annual pass holders. Is that right? Plus, why is the resort guests choice available, all green, though? Does anyone know what that means exactly? LOL

I'm so lost. We have reservations at OKW in December and in looking at the reservation system, all of December is already grayed out for annual pass holders. Is that right? Plus, why is the resort guests choice available, all green, though? Does anyone know what that means exactly? LOL

AP's cant book yet, hence why it is greyed out. Resort reservations with tickets can book and there is still availability hence why its green.

If you are an annual passholder and have an on site reservation linked to your AP, you should be able to book now on line.

I am in the crying room rubbing my Koolaid chapped lips with vaseline. WTH folks? This is SOOOOOO stoopid. So after many wonderful trips, paying off my DVC and booking a 2 bedroom at AKV for 10/30-11/5....I don't know if I can even see the castle.

I guess DH and I can watch Stacy make the rounds on TV while we sit in the room. At least the folks at BLT get the FW piped in on their TVs....oh wait, no FW. So there is something to be said for going to Kidani and sleeping the whole vacation....while Stacy does the parks over and over and over. I mean when people ask what could you possibly do on your 25th trip to WDW...watch Hell on Wheels with the Fire Stick we keep in our Owner's Locker. Welcome Home!

Pass the tissues....I'm ugly when I cry.

I’m also starting to believe that they want us to cancel, to open more availability. Our reservations are early august. Honestly, why else allow offsite guests that have park tickets to book park reservations, without even giving dvc members A DATE when they can get park tickets. Why not just call us a few weeks ago and tell us to cancel?

I will share my story.
My husband and I are FL residents AP holders on MONTHLY PLAN. I stress monthly plan for a reason that comes out later on.

We have our friends from PA vacationing with us. We all have the DVC reservations that were made pre-pandemic for NOV 14-22, 2020.

On Friday 6/19 later in day we found out they were opening up Park Pass Reservations. Of all the passes, mine was the only one that had EXPIRATION date before our arrival (11-9-20). I was unable to renew my FL Res AP due to the "prior to 60 days" rule. So I was in a true predicament. I called the AP number and after 2 HOURS on hold was told that I could only speak to the "FL RES MONTHLY PAYMENT" department. I make my payments every month with a credit card. And they were closed ALL WEEKEND not to re-open until 8 am (1 hour after the Park Pass system opened). So we called. Had a 90 min hold time. Finally spoke to a nice CM and he told me I was entitled to a 30 day extension and was I accepting it. YES I said! This would now give me a new exp date of DEC 9th which was perfect as our stay ended Nov 22. He says "great....I will connect with the Ticketing Dept to get this all finalized". And I am now back on hold for about 20-25 min. A female CM picks up and seems to know NOTHING of what was just discussed between me and the male CM from the "monthly payment dept". So I explain everything all over.......

So she says to me. Well......you are eligible for a 30 day extension but that cannot be done until 6/26 (or maybe she said 6/28??). I am near tears now. I said I am traveling with 5 other people and the MDE Park Pass system is preventing ALL of us from making park passes. The only option to get park passes prior to this call was to just remove me from the trip----nobody wanted that. We were all upset. I stated this to the Ticket Dept CM. She said I was one of those people in a true dilemma. She says....well I can "renew your FL RES Silver AP but you cannot go on monthly plan. You must pay in full now". So, while I was not prepared to part with close to $500 at that given moment, I did whip out my credit card and paid to RENEW. So I am quite certain some sort of exemption was extended to me? I count it as a blessing but this is TRULY A HUGE SNAFU IN THE MDE system. Normally in non-pandemic times I would have just renew'd on 9/9/20 and then been able to make Fast Passes. With the freezing of pass purchases Disney left out a HUGE group. Maybe because we were traveling with another family and it was directly affecting them?? Not sure. Maybe the pleading in my voice??? Again, I feel so bad for so many out there in similar situations.

Thanks for listening............

it is insane that people have to jump through hoops like this but it sounds like you can at least make reservations with your family now. Every win from this forum is one step in the right direction!

I guess DH and I can watch Stacy make the rounds on TV while we sit in the room. At least the folks at BLT get the FW piped in on their TVs....oh wait, no FW. So there is something to be said for going to Kidani and sleeping the whole vacation....while Stacy does the parks over and over and over. I mean when people ask what could you possibly do on your 25th trip to WDW...watch Hell on Wheels with the Fire Stick we keep in our Owner's Locker. Welcome Home!

Pass the tissues....I'm ugly when I cry.

They will have a special channel for you where the Must Do’s will be changed to the You Wish You Could Do’s where Stacy moons you and gives you the finger on the attractions.

really! really! 7 on the dot busy signal for ticketing. its not even possible. i'm done. there is no way it instantly went busy right right at 7 AM.

i called another number and it said 8 AM system opens 8 AM for new packages for 2021and 2020 which i found weird. i think it was for travel agents.

78 tries and counting. cause i don't have to go to work or anything.

I'm seeing all the travel agents say NEW package sales for 2021 start today but Disney's website clearly says current room only stars can add tickets today. No mention on new sales until Sunday. What am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter