Land Of The Lost - The DVC Members with Resort Reservations and No Tickets Crying Room....

I'm joining this thread as well. We have reservations in September for a cabin at Wilderness Lodge. I didn't purchase park tickets because I was waiting for the dates for MNSSHP and also to see if I could get into moonlight magic at HS, because the number of days we would go to parks during the day would have changed based on whether we got into those events. Now, we're in the same situation as a lot of folks.... plus they still haven't given a definitive statement on moonlight magic which I'm assuming will be cancelled anyway. Also, my niece who has reservations for next year received an email about the restrictions for next year (which are the same as the current ones), so there's no guarantee that thing will be better next year, otherwise I'd reschedule. I think that us with DVC reservations should be somewhere in the algorithm other than being included with people without any reservations.

On a side note, my Oct week was booked in conjunction with our cruise and the Moonlight Magic on the 6th which if I am not mistaken has not been cancelled. My question is if we ever get a crack at a park reservation, do i need to reserve HS that day since we will be going their for the Moonlight Magic?

So for the vent.....and crying....
We've been DVC since 2009 and have bought in four times. We booked in for November, two big rooms for 14 people for a once every five year Reunion. And like most, were waiting to buy tickets before the 60 day FP mark.

Given the investment into DVC over the years, including dues payments, my minimum expectation was for communication from Disney. The not-knowing is more anxiety inducing than knowing and creating a plan. I've read all the posts...and I mean ALL the posts since this weekend. I've been on the phone with some very nice people, whom I'm sure answered the same questions hundreds of times. I've written DVC and Disney. I'm sure those emails have now been lost in a sea, or rather a tsunami, of irate emails. Some communication is better than no communication. And a token nod to some of it's most loyal guests would very much be appreciated.

The 2021 opportunities to book tickets for Room only - also irksome. 2021 is still a bit out there. But many of us have 2020 DVC rooms booked through the summer and remainder of 2020, but are unable to get resolution on being able to attend a park.

I was excited to make my Disney Dining reservations. I was sad to see all those go. I was accepting that this would be a different experience for us - we've been doing this trip since the early 2000's - pregnant years through to grown teenagers - we've seen proposals, births, divorces as a family. For us it represents a time for family to bond since we live so far apart. The lack of opportunity to add tickets to an existing resort reservation (which Disney has line of site to) that has been a wake-up call for a family of Disney-philes. I guess I was hoping that people staying on property would have priority, regardless of whether they had tickets yet and would have been offered a short time window to get those tickets.

sorry if someone already posted this but the phone number for DVC is just busy non stop. I know they are really tied up with the reservation system but does anyone know any number you can call if you need help with anything? I can't find anything anywhere.

Question: I've tried reading the ticket sticky to figure this our, but things are weird right now. We have a July 13 trip with 2 AP's and one 4-day ticket and our park passes all set for that DVC stay. We also have a DVC trip for Thanksgiving which I did not buy tickets for DD yet since I was hoping she could get in with her CM sister. Not counting on CM guest passes this year now. So... the question is how do I upgrade my DD's 4-day ticket to a DVC AP? Do I have to call member services? Do I have to do it in person in July? Will ticket booth/customer service sell DVC AP or does it have to be done with member services? Advice?

So for the vent.....and crying....
We've been DVC since 2009 and have bought in four times. We booked in for November, two big rooms for 14 people for a once every five year Reunion. And like most, were waiting to buy tickets before the 60 day FP mark.

Given the investment into DVC over the years, including dues payments, my minimum expectation was for communication from Disney. The not-knowing is more anxiety inducing than knowing and creating a plan. I've read all the posts...and I mean ALL the posts since this weekend. I've been on the phone with some very nice people, whom I'm sure answered the same questions hundreds of times. I've written DVC and Disney. I'm sure those emails have now been lost in a sea, or rather a tsunami, of irate emails. Some communication is better than no communication. And a token nod to some of it's most loyal guests would very much be appreciated.

The 2021 opportunities to book tickets for Room only - also irksome. 2021 is still a bit out there. But many of us have 2020 DVC rooms booked through the summer and remainder of 2020, but are unable to get resolution on being able to attend a park.

I was excited to make my Disney Dining reservations. I was sad to see all those go. I was accepting that this would be a different experience for us - we've been doing this trip since the early 2000's - pregnant years through to grown teenagers - we've seen proposals, births, divorces as a family. For us it represents a time for family to bond since we live so far apart. The lack of opportunity to add tickets to an existing resort reservation (which Disney has line of site to) that has been a wake-up call for a family of Disney-philes. I guess I was hoping that people staying on property would have priority, regardless of whether they had tickets yet and would have been offered a short time window to get those tickets.

its one horrible story after another. I cant imagine the stress with a party of your size and this quote is the key to it all....

“ I guess I was hoping that people staying on property would have priority, regardless of whether they had tickets yet and would have been offered a short time window to get those tickets”

Question: I've tried reading the ticket sticky to figure this our, but things are weird right now. We have a July 13 trip with 2 AP's and one 4-day ticket and our park passes all set for that DVC stay. We also have a DVC trip for Thanksgiving which I did not buy tickets for DD yet since I was hoping she could get in with her CM sister. Not counting on CM guest passes this year now. So... the question is how do I upgrade my DD's 4-day ticket to a DVC AP? Do I have to call member services? Do I have to do it in person in July? Will ticket booth/customer service sell DVC AP or does it have to be done with member services? Advice?

good question, normally you could upgrade on your july trip or at any time really. That was in the past, I wonder how they view upgrades during the period they are not selling new tickets. You cant buy an ap since some point on Friday afternoon(without notice)

If Disney had just given guests with reservations in 2020 and no tickets an opportunity to purchase those tickets prior to opening it up to everyone else without resort/DVC reservations then I would be perfectly fine with that. So the fact that they didn't do that means that they are still trying to get people to cancel or move their trip. Well, I don't think I will do that. The grandkids will love Universal and Sea World just as much as they love Disney. We'll use our lodging as our base if we have to do so. I absolutely hate sounding so disgruntled and disappointed but that is where I'm at.
No, but many will, especially if the overnight CV numbers keep rising
On a side note, my Oct week was booked in conjunction with our cruise and the Moonlight Magic on the 6th which if I am not mistaken has not been cancelled. My question is if we ever get a crack at a park reservation, do i need to reserve HS that day since we will be going their for the Moonlight Magic?
Thot all DVC events were cancelled?

Joining the club. Wondering if I should cancel our December stay with no tickets and corona virus cases spiking in FL. Will be waiting to see if there is any communication.

After a 50 minute wait with MS...was told that she could do an AP extension outside the 60 day window...unfortunately I have an AP and DH does not🙁

We have a 2BR booked for October 17-24 at OKW, and it will be me, my husband, my sister and her husband. This trip is to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversaries. My sister has an AP. My husband and I have park passes for our July trip, with the full intention of upgrading to APs on that trip, not realizing at the time we bought the passes that they were going to require park reservations when reopening, and halting new ticket sales. My sister was waiting to purchase her husband's park pass for the October trip to see if MNSSHP was going to be a go. She doesn't get him an AP because he is a teacher, so can't come on all our trips with us. Now are we screwed for October? I'm so so angry.
This is very similar to our situation.

ALL DISNEY HAS TO DO IS LET ALL ONSITE ROOM HOLDERS BOOK PARK RESERVATIONS FOR THE DATES THEY ARE ONSITE!!!!!!!!!! Then open ticket sales to only those with onsite reservations!!!! They can even sell these tickets at check in onsite only if they want. Without fastpass, people could wait until checkin to buy them if disney really wanted to control sales of tickets. If people cancel their room then their park reservation for those days is canceled and they won't be able to buy tickets onsite....easy solution without screwing us all over.

The way they are doing it now is WRONG WRONG WRONG. DVC members staying onsite absolutely should not be punished for not having purchased tickets by some some arbitrary date months before a room reservation.

WAKE UP DISNEY!!!!

I'll join in, we have a 2 night cash stay July 18 & 19, then OKW on points for 5 nights, only 4 of our group has tickets.
Can not contact Disney at all THIS IS RIDICULOUS!
I have tried, online chat, dvc phone, regular phone, email via wdw.com
I read a post yesterday, and im beginning to feel its true, Disney is weeding out the weak by so little communication.

Wanted to join the club! We have a split stay at The Poly and Copper Creek at the end of October. Both stays were booked at the 11 month window.
I have an AP but my husband does not. We were planning to purchase an AP for my husband upon arrival. This obviously means that I can't book park reservations for both of us - only for me :(
I have no idea if this trip is going to go ahead at the moment as we are flying in from the UK and don't know if the international flight ban will be lifted in time.
We're attending a friends wedding whilst in Orlando but if that gets cancelled, we may well do the same.
I'd really like to speak to DVC to get some advice and options but it's impossible to even get through. I borrowed some points from our 2021 use year for this 2020 booking so I would imagine that we would lose the points if we cancel (Feb UY)
Urgh, so many unknowns!

Wanted to join the club! We have a split stay at The Poly and Copper Creek at the end of October. Both stays were booked at the 11 month window.
I have an AP but my husband does not. We were planning to purchase an AP for my husband upon arrival. This obviously means that I can't book park reservations for both of us - only for me :(
I have no idea if this trip is going to go ahead at the moment as we are flying in from the UK and don't know if the international flight ban will be lifted in time.
We're attending a friends wedding whilst in Orlando but if that gets cancelled, we may well do the same.
I'd really like to speak to DVC to get some advice and options but it's impossible to even get through. I borrowed some points from our 2021 use year for this 2020 booking so I would imagine that we would lose the points if we cancel (Feb UY)
Urgh, so many unknowns!
I believe they are still returning borrowed points.

May I have a side of dinosaur with my whine?

I have a reservation for October 2020 and another for April 2021. I was online and had 2 shiny Gold APs my my cart on Friday. I went to pay for them and ... poof! ... I got kicked out. They pulled the rug from under me just as I was purchasing passes and now I have nothing.

After a 50 minute wait with MS...was told that she could do an AP extension outside the 60 day window...unfortunately I have an AP and DH does not🙁

That says it all. I think they want you to renew or buy new passes in the next couple of days ahead of one's usual schedule. The accountants see this as a plus. Originally, I was not scheduled to renew my Gold passes until mid-september. Now, I need to renew or purchase new passes for a vacation next spring after only using my existing Gold pass for 7 park entries.

I would not expect to see MM back this year so I would book your park days as though it is not.

If you mean should you book HS so you can enter before the official time it starts,..like we have been able to in the past, then yes, make that an HS day in case it does happen.

Unfortunately, tickets can not be upgraded over the phone...only in person. Right now, they have halted AP sales as well so even if they could, it is stopped.

The only AP type things I have seen since Friday is some have had luck being allowed to renew early so they could book and were not yet in the normal 60 days before expiration renewal window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter