Land of ‘Frozen’ Coming to Disney Cruise Line This Summer

Wonder what part of Disney Dreams will be deleted to fit in the three songs from Frozen. I don't think they can make the production any longer so something will have to be replaced.

MJ

My strong guess would be the Beauty and the Beast segment, since that's the one with snow in it. Very unlikely they'd have it snow twice in the same show.

I wish some of these changes would make it to the Dream. We just got back from a 3 day on Monday and besides the Golden Mickey's, the other two show were painful to sit through and many of the scenes felt very dated. Believe...Mary Poppins, Jungle Book and the Sword in the Stone were all fine when I was a kid, but come on...there are far better choices that children today can actually relate to. Every film they feature characters from is at least 20 years old except for one.

So many things wrong with this statement. First of all, the shows aren't meant just for kids. Not to mention, many kids love the classics too, especially Mary Poppins. I will grant you that Sword in the Stone is far less popular, but Merlin is an iconic character. And I'm happy to see such a wide range to appeal to more people. Not everyone wants to see Elsa, Rapunzel, Crush, and Buzz in everything.

Oh I want this so bad! We end our cruise on May 2nd, doubt we will see the new drink stand on CC.

I need me some Frozen merch ...

I'm sick of Frozen but I also think the Pirate Party could do with some switching up. My husband will be happy though. He loves Frozen.

Thank goodness these changes take place after our cruise my kids would be so upset to have Frozen everything.

I am excited to meet Olaf :goodvibes. I love anything Disney and would not mind to see the Frozen characters on my upcoming Alaska cruise in August. I love all the shows, new and old. The purpose of having a Disney vacation to me is to get detached from my real world of "work" :surfweb:, and re-live some childhood fun pixiedust:! Disney keeps me young!! Now I am really thinking of getting the Photo CD package and character hunt onboard :thumbsup2!!

I was all set to pass the news to my grandkids but spotted this in the announcement: on select Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sailings to Europe and Alaska. Does anyone know specific sailings that will be included?
I hope it does NOT make it onto the May Transatlantic cruise on the Magic.

Having a 5 yr old girl, I am growing tired of Frozen and it taking over everything in the parks honestly. I was hoping the cruises would be untouched

I'm with you on that one. We did enjoy the movie when it came out but have grown to hate everything Frozen as it keeps showing up more and more, everywhere. I have no problems with the Meet and greets because so many people love the characters. But when it started taking over whole areas of the parks and now transforming areas of the ships (and deck parties)...yuck.

I'm hoping that since my next cruise is during Halloweentime, they will stick with the traditional Halloween and not make it a "Frozen Halloween."

Does anyone have information on which "select" sailings are included?

I think that just use the wording because they don't have specific start dates yet. When they introduced Anna and Elsa on the Wonder last year, they used the same wording. But once they started, they were on the rest of the sailings.

Well, I am excited about this - Because for the uniqueness of it, the newness of it, and the fact that my family (and many others) will be cruising Norway with DCL. Yay! So Thanks for posting this information! :banana:

Does anyone have information on which "select" sailings are included?

Just a guess on my part, but the Norway (maybe Baltic, also) cruises and Alaska. Both of those fit the "theme" best. And, at least Alaska, they don't do pirate night (fireworks) anyway.

ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH ALREADY.

Why don't they just change the name of the Company to Arendale or something.

I've had it with all this Frozen crap. Has anyone at Disney ever heard the saying "Too much of a good thing..."

My strong guess would be the Beauty and the Beast segment, since that's the one with snow in it. Very unlikely they'd have it snow twice in the same show.

:( It's a shame that it might be replacing such a classic!

ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGH ALREADY.

Why don't they just change the name of the Company to Arendale or something.

I've had it with all this Frozen crap. Has anyone at Disney ever heard the saying "Too much of a good thing..."

So glad to see that I'm not the only one who is tired of Elsa's takeover of all things Disney.

From the DCL site:

Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic is an award-winning, musical live show celebrating the value of dreams, playing at approximately 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. in the Walt Disney Theatre aboard the Disney Magic on Deck 4, Forward. The show is approximately 50 minutes long. Please check the Personal Navigator—the Disney Cruise Line daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—while onboard for specific show dates.

The Story
Disney Dreams — An Enchanted Classic tells the story of Anne Marie, a little girl who just can't find it in her heart to believe. One night while trying to fall asleep, she is visited by beloved Disney characters, each with a story to tell. The Blue Fairy, Peter Pan, Queen Elsa and more make their way into Anne Marie's bedroom to dazzle her with song. Through the magic of Disney storytelling, singing and dancing starring some of your favorite Disney characters, they teach Anne Marie—and remind us all—the power of dreams and positive thinking.

Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic features songs and Disney Characters from the following Disney films:

Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Cinderella
Aladdin
Frozen
Beauty and the Beast

Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic features dramatic laser effects and pyrotechnic effects, and includes a special appearance by Tinker Bell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter