Land and Sea 10 Year Anniversary... The most magical one yet!

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great week! It's been busy around here. Both of the kids were out of school for Mardi Gras. I don't seem to get much done when they're home :) Aubrey had her Mardi Gras parade in school on Friday. I thought I would share a pic.... she came up with this idea before Christmas for her float. She was so excited! It turned out cute...

DSC_0034.jpg

Alrighty, well I think I left off just after we went to Club Cool. After that, the kids saw the characters through the window at the Epcot Character Spot and begged to go in. The line wasn't too bad so we said ok. The great thing about this line is that A) they let you bring in the stroller B) there are TV's everywhere playing old Disney cartoons C) the kids are mesmarized by these cartoons:banana: so it makes waiting easy :cutie: We made it up to the front of the line and got some cute shots....

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

This is my fav one... Aubrey was so excited to show Minnie her matching skirt :)
DSC_0174.jpg

After that, we started to make our way over to Nemo and ran into these guys! I still can't tell them apart:rolleyes1
DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

Again, there was NO ONE in line but the CM gave Aubrey one of these anyway to check the wait time...
DSC_0207.jpg

Brendan was very jealous of this. He pitched a fit inside of the ride because he wanted to carry the little red tag:sad2:

After the ride, we had to check out the shark area...
DSC_0208.jpg

Finally, it was time to use our Soarin' fastpass. This is our second favorite family ride. Can you tell the kids were excited to get on?!?
DSC_0216.jpg

It was awesome, as usual, and we "landed" just in time for our ADR at Garden Grill. Jason and I ate here years ago before we even had kids :-)upsidedow) so we didn't really remember what the food was like. Well, let me just tell you it was DELISH!!! This will be on our to do list again for our next trip. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, the characters are great and the kids loved how the restaurant rotated. They thought that was just the coolest. Here they are coloring on the kids menus before the food came. Man, they sure take this stuff seriously!!!

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

And here are some fun character shots...

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

continued to next post...

The dinner was great and we were STUFFED!!! Once we were done, it had gotten dark outside and we ran into one of the dreaded LIGHT UP TOY CARTS:scared1:I swore, as I do before each trip, that we would NOT be buying anything off of these carts. Well, their grandmother had given them some spending money and they were determined to spend it on something. We let them go ahead. Why not right (sucker). Brendan got a light up Buzz Lightyear and Aubrey got some light up Mickey ears. Both of which haven't been touched since we've returned home. Oh well... Dad had fun trying on the light up mohawk...

DSC_0230.jpg

After this, it was time for our most favorite family ride of all - Test Track. The wait said 30 minutes but we figured we'd try it because we didn't know if we would be back to Future World. I think we may have waited in line for 5 minutes. It was towards the end of the night so maybe they were trying to deter people from riding:confused3 Don't know don't care. We were just so excited to ride!!!

DSC_0238.jpg

I was able to shoot this video. I love it. It makes me smile every time I watch it. I hope you enjoy it too...

Making memories like this with my family is truly priceless:love::cloud9::lovestruc

Up next... Grey Goose slushie and Illuminations...

Joining in!!! We are doing a land and sea in April. So I am excited to read about your trip.

Joining in!!! We are doing a land and sea in April. So I am excited to read about your trip.

Yay! Thanks for joining in! You are going to LOVE your trip. What are the details?! I would love to know!!

Joining in!! Love all your pictures and report so far. Can't wait to hear about the sea part of the trip. We are trying to decide land and sea for next April. I'm so scared of being seasick the entire cruise.

Joining in!! Love all your pictures and report so far. Can't wait to hear about the sea part of the trip. We are trying to decide land and sea for next April. I'm so scared of being seasick the entire cruise.

I can totally relate! It took me forever to agree to a cruise for that very reason. But I didn't get sick at all!!! You will love it :) Thanks for reading along:thumbsup2

Good morning all! I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far:goodvibes

On with the show...

So we finished our ride on Test Track, which was obviously a blast if you watched the video, and headed over to the World Showcase for Illuminations! This is my favorite show at Disney. I've told this story a few times before so if you've already heard it, sorry for repeating... My father passed away pretty unexpectedly about 10 years ago in November. Shortly after that, DH and I went on our first trip to WDW. When I saw this show for the first time, it was extremely emotional. I felt like my dad was there watching over me. Every time I see it (which is on EVERY trip) I can feel his presence. It's very special to me and my family:cloud9:

So we headed over to the bridge at the international gateway. This was the best viewing spot for us since we would just be walking "home" to BCV. SUCH a perk of staying there!:thumbsup2 We staked out our spot and I sent Jason off to get me a grey goose slushie:woohoo:

Of course by this time, Aubrey had grown bored with her new light up Mickey ears so I put them on. Hey, we needed to get our moneys worth!!

DSC_0247.jpg

Soon the show began. Now, I should mention here that DS is terrified of fireworks. He's seen this show (along with many other ones) many times so by now, he knows that nothing bad will happen. Still, he insists on watching them like this...

DSC_0255.jpg

Aubrey, on the other hand, loves fireworks. She watched like this!

DSC_0254.jpg

(Notce DH's ability to balance a 6 year old on his shoulders while drinking a cocktail. Very impressive)

Here are a few shots of the show. I took roughly 592 pictures here but I'll only bore you with two...

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

After the show was over, we walked back to the resort. The kids were wired and we weren't tired either. We decided that this was vacation and if we wanted to go swimming at 10:00 at night, then we could! I called the front desk to see what time Stormalong Bay closed. I was told all pools close at midnight. Score!! So we all changed into our suits and headed down to SAB...yeah, locked up tight. It was closed:( Asked the front desk and they said it closes at 8:scared1: The "quiet pool" was opened until midnight so we went over there. I was bummed but oh well. There was a hottub waiting for me! We get there and the freaking hot tub is broken:sad2: The kids didn't care. All they wanted to do was swim. There was a cute little girl there (about 3 yo) and her mother. The kids had fun playing but there was no way I was getting in that water. It was freezing! Now, this is the first time that my kids have swam since about August. They were on the swim team last year so there should be no problems, right?? WRONG. Brendan decides that he has forgotten how to swim and began thrashing around the middle of the pool like he was drowning. I'm sitting on the side enjoying a cocktail and my first reaction is "Aubrey, go get your brother!!!" Yeah, needless to say that didn't work out very well. She just stared at me, scared. So the nice mother that I was chatting with went in after him. Now, this all happened over the course of approximately 1 minute but looking back on it, I feel like the mother of the year letting a complete stranger go in after my child while I stay dry and warm on the side of the pool. Awesome. Anyway, he was fine. He just got a little freaked out, probably the hypothermia setting in.

Meanwhile, Jason had left us to find another hot tub. We knew there was another pool at BC but we just weren't sure where. He came back successful and we decided to leave the ice pool and check out the other hot tub. It was HUGE!!! And warm. Heaven on earth.

DSC_0280.jpg

And check out our view!

DSC_0289.jpg

It was now after 11:00 and time for bed. The hot tub was so warm and cozy, when we got out... not so much

DSC_0295.jpg

We headed back to our room and crashed. What a perfect day. Up next...DHS and American Idol. Did we get a golden ticket???

Yay! Thanks for joining in! You are going to LOVE your trip. What are the details?! I would love to know!!

I have a PTR that tells you all about our upcoming trip. The link is in my signature. Come over and visit !!

Joining in! Your family is beautiful and I am very impressed with how your hubby managed to watch illuminations- where there is a will there is a way:thumbsup2

I hope you and your DH find some pixie dust along the way:lovestruc

I fell behind in this! Now I have to try to remember all the things I was thinking when I read through three updates. :headache: :rotfl:

We went to the Garden Grille every trip while I was growing up. Years ago, when it was called by a different name (Land Grille?), I believe they didn't have the family-style dining they have now. I think they had a regular menu. They also had sunflowers painted on the interior wall. You got a straw garden hat with your meal. The characters and the scenes haven't changed over the years. We went in 92, 96, 00, and 05.

In 2005, the restaurant was closed for renovation and when we had tried to make ADRs, they would not allow us to since the re-open date fell after our trip. We were pleasantly surprised to see it had opened earlier than planned. We were able to make reservations during our trip! Our tradition was not broken! The last time I ate there was in 2006. I do make a point to visit Beaches & Cream, however. I think there is only one trip out of 9 I have not eaten there.

I don't think I've ever done the Character meeting place in Epcot. I'll have to try that sometime. I have the Disney Visa; is that the same place where you can get a 5x7 print?

I swear I saw that light-up mohawk on somebody at a Mardi Gras parade. The picture of Jason wearing it is awesome. :lmao:

I love Illuminations. :lovestruc

I love your TR! I truly hope after this trip that everything improved with you and your hubby :hug: Your kids are SO adorable!! I loved watching the videos - keep posting! We are your biggest fans :cheer2:

Joining in! Your family is beautiful and I am very impressed with how your hubby managed to watch illuminations- where there is a will there is a way:thumbsup2

I hope you and your DH find some pixie dust along the way:lovestruc

Thank you very much :) This trip was just what we needed! It was a great break from reality:thumbsup2

what does Brendan's muppets pin say? and where did you get it?

It's from the "Give A Day, Get a Day" promo. The CM at the resort gave one to the kids. They love the muppets!

I fell behind in this! Now I have to try to remember all the things I was thinking when I read through three updates. :headache: :rotfl:

We went to the Garden Grille every trip while I was growing up. Years ago, when it was called by a different name (Land Grille?), I believe they didn't have the family-style dining they have now. I think they had a regular menu. They also had sunflowers painted on the interior wall. You got a straw garden hat with your meal. The characters and the scenes haven't changed over the years. We went in 92, 96, 00, and 05.

In 2005, the restaurant was closed for renovation and when we had tried to make ADRs, they would not allow us to since the re-open date fell after our trip. We were pleasantly surprised to see it had opened earlier than planned. We were able to make reservations during our trip! Our tradition was not broken! The last time I ate there was in 2006. I do make a point to visit Beaches & Cream, however. I think there is only one trip out of 9 I have not eaten there.

I don't think I've ever done the Character meeting place in Epcot. I'll have to try that sometime. I have the Disney Visa; is that the same place where you can get a 5x7 print?

I swear I saw that light-up mohawk on somebody at a Mardi Gras parade. The picture of Jason wearing it is awesome. :lmao:

I love Illuminations. :lovestruc

Garden Grill really is some of the best food that I've had. It's just all so fresh! And the experience is super fun. Glad y'all got in on your last trip and were able to keep the tradition going!

Not sure about the VISA thing but I think it's the same place. You should check it out next time!

I see those mohawks everywhere now! Thankfully, we did not buy one :)

I love your TR! I truly hope after this trip that everything improved with you and your hubby :hug: Your kids are SO adorable!! I loved watching the videos - keep posting! We are your biggest fans :cheer2:

Thanks so much:love: I'm happy to report that things are improving. It takes time, but so far so good!

Hi everyone! SO sorry that I haven't been around lately. I got sidetracked with Windows Movie Maker! My nephew taught me how to do it and I've become OBSESSED with making a video montage from our trip. Hopefully, once it's complete (who knows how long it's going to be!) I'll post it here!

I am off to bring the kids to school but I WILL be doing an update today! Hope you all will stick around!! Thanks :)

I can't believe I missed a trip report. I think of your family every time we plan our trips. I hope you and Jason are doing well. Marriage IS hard! Please check back in and say hello! :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter