Land and Sea 10 Year Anniversary... The most magical one yet!

DisneyTiger

Life is what happens between trips to Disney World
Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to start this TR off since it begins with our "land" portion and ends with a cruise. I think I'll start it here and then move it over to the cruise board once we get to that point. I hope you decided to join in to hear about our trip of a lifetime!!!

Introductions...

Me - Talissa - I am a 35 year old SAHM and I love all things Disney. I actually work from home as a Disney TA. I decided to put all of my neurotic planning skills to use and actually get paid for it:lmao:

DH35 - Jason - he physical therapist who works his butt off for me to be able to stay home and raise our two beautiful children. Up until this trip, he was working 12-14 hour days so it was a MUCH needed break for him!

DD6 - Aubrey - our princess. Her first visit to WDW was for her 3rd birthday. She has become obsessed with Disney just like her mama. I couldn't be more proud:cutie:

DS4 (almost 5) - Brendan - this child is BOY through and through. He loves trains, trucks, dirt, bugs... need I go on? He was 18 months on his first trip. This trip makes 6 times that my kids have been lucky enough to go to Disney. We are ALL very lucky and blessed.

Here is a family pic from our Christmas trip in December 2010...
Photo0144FourBySix.jpg

Alrighty, so let me give you the background on this trip...

After our first few trips to WDW, we decided that DVC was something that would really benefit our family. We've been members for a few years now (I think we joined in 2007) and it has certainly paid for itself. We would have not been able to plan a trip like this without it. DH had been pushing me for years to book a Disney cruise. Well, I am VERY prone to motion sickness and was very leary about doing it. I once got so sick on Star Tours that I had to spend the rest of the day in bed while DH was out having fun:sick: Also, the amount of DVC points it takes to pull off a cruise is crazy so I was always so worried about using up all of these points and then being too sick to enjoy the cruise. After doing some research and praying, I decided to go for it. So last February we scrounged together all of the points we could and booked not only a 4 night cruise on the Dream, but a 5 night stay at Beach Club - our favorite resort:love:

It seems that every year around January/February, I start getting the beach itch. I am ready for sand and sun and fruity drinks by the time New Years gets here:) So I figured what better time of year to go to a tropical island?!? That's also why we booked at Beach Club. Our "home" resort through DVC is Animal Kingdom (which really does tie with Beach Club for our favorite). We wanted to have a "beach" experience throughout our entire trip. And boy did we!!!

Ok, so let the planning begin! Right? Well, not exactly. See, this last year has been a really tough one for Jason and I. Marriage is HARD! Why did no one tell me this before I got married:confused3 I'm talking some serious lows. A place that neither of us ever expected to be. Life had gotten me so down that we decided to plan a last minute trip to WDW this past September. We didn't book through DVC, we stayed at ASMov and took advantage of the free dining. We also drove which was a first to us. Some of you may have read my TR from that trip. Well, I never finished it. It was not our best trip. So much so that I didn't even feel the need to finish the TR :( So sorry about that to those of you whom I left hanging :) Basically, one of our strollers got stolen, YES STOLEN, during that trip and it just put a damper on the whole thing. What was supposed to be a break from reality for us turned into being a very stressful trip.

ANYWAY.... I was very focused on planning that trip, then the holidays rolled around, then New Years... and then I wake up on January 1st and realize... we're going to WDW and a cruise in 30 days:scared1: All that I had planned was our dining. I hadn't even thought about this trip up until then which is CRAZY for me!! I actually kind of liked the way all of that happened because before we knew it, it was time for our trip.

In my head, I had a lot weighing on this trip. Basically it was going to be make it or break it for our marriage. We would be celebrating 10 years on the cruise (February 8th). We were going to be together for 9 nights. Straight:scared1:

The plan:
-Beach Club Villas - Deluxe Studio 1/31/12 - 2/5/12
-Disney Dream - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom - 2/5/12-2/9/12

Our flight was for late on the night of 1/31 at around 8:10pm. We picked the kids up from school and headed down to New Orleans. Our plan was to get some dinner there and wait for our flight.

Here is a pic of the kids just before we left the house for NOLA...
DSC_0002.jpg

I guess we ended up leaving Baton Rouge at around 4:30. We got to NOLA in about an hour and dropped our car off at the airport Hilton. It was way cheaper parking there than at the airport. We waited for our shuttle and before we knew it, we were checking our bags at the Southwest counter!

Now let me tell you, this is the time to fly! There was NO ONE in the airport and our flight only had 33 people on it. It was GREAT!!!

DSC_0014.jpg

After a quick and uneventful flight, we landed at MCO at about 10:30pm and made our way over to DME...

DSC_0017.jpg

From here, the rest of the night was pretty uneventful. We checked in with no problem. Everyone was so nice and perky even at almost midnight!!

We settled into our room and fell asleep. We were exhausted. The plan for the next morning was - NOTHING! There were no alarms set, no wake up calls scheduled... we hung the "do not disturb" sign and slept until almost 10:00!! It was wonderful.

Up next, our first day in the parks - MK and Epcot!

After getting a wonderful nights sleep - seriously, I haven't slept that good in a LONG time - we casually got ready for our day and headed out. I want to give a plug here to the BEST stroller rental company ever. Magic Strollers is where we have rented for our last few trips. You see, though my kids are older and do not use strollers at home, they are not a fan of walking! Especially my princess :) So, instead of lugging one of our old double strollers to Orlando, we rent two of these AWESOME jogging strollers. They are delivered right to your resort. As I mentioned before, one of these puppies got stolen on our last trip in September. It never dawned on me to purchase the theft protection because, afterall, this IS Disney World right! It's protected by some kind of force field that doesn't allow bad things to happen!! Well, we now know that is not true. The owner of Magic Strollers, John, was so great about the whole situation. He felt really bad for us and even though i've offered multiple times, he has still not asked us to reimburse him for the stolen stroller - a $300 value I might add. Anyway, as a TA, I try to refer people to him as often as possible and that's what I'm doing here too. www.magicstrollers.com Check them out!

Alrighty, so here we are all loaded up and ready to go!
DSC_0018.jpg

You'll notice that DH has his "Happy Anniversary" button on here. We wore them the entire time and were truly touched by the way people congratulated us, and not just cast members! It was nice for the kids to keep hearing people congratulate us too. My daughter especially noticed this and I think it made her feel a lot better since things had been so rough between DH and I before. The tension really started to affect her so this was great for her to see:lovestruc

We were heading out to Magic Kingdom first. It was a beautiful day and we couldn't wait to get started. But not before getting a picture with this pretty lady...
DSC_0019.jpg

The kids were so funny about this Ariel statue. They wanted to take a picture with her every time we passed! And Brendan, he was especially fond of her. I have never seen my child act this way but he was literally trying to put the moves on her! My husband even videoed him later in the trip getting fresh with her. Too freaking funny!:rotfl2:
DSC_0021.jpg

After we tore Brendan away from Ariel, we headed over to the bus stop. While we waited, the kids played a bean bag game. This was going to be something that Brendan asked for at EVERY bus stop LOL
DSC_0029.jpg

It didn't take long at all for a MK bus to arrive and before we knew it...
DSC_0033.jpg

We were there!!! Let the memories begin :)

So, you may notice that Mickey is decorated in purple and gold - LSU colors of course. And after the ending that we had this season, we deserved this! LOL

By the time we got to MK, it was close to 11:30 or 12:00 and everyone was getting hungry. We stopped at our favorite QS restaurant in MK Columbia Harbour House. We parked our strollers outside in the designated stroller parking. We were both nervous about the stroller situation after what happened on our last trip. This time, I came prepared!
DSC_0035.jpg

I usually get the tuna sandwich here. It's so yummy. But they had a new lobster roll on the menu so I decided to risk it and try it! It was yummy!
DSC_0038.jpg

Sorry but this is the only picture I took of food on this trip I think. I always feel like a freak taking pictures of my plate:rolleyes1

After lunch, we all used the restroom and the kids begged us to stop and play a game of checkers before we left...
DSC_0045.jpg

Now, I can't remember the exact order of rides that we did. I am going by my pictures here so they may be out of order.

We headed over to the Haunted Mansion. Even though we were just there in September, we didn't go on this so we hadn't seen the new que yet! It's always exciting to experience something new on our trips...
DSC_0048.jpg

The kids couldn't get to this ride fast enough...
DSC_0056.jpg

Why oh why do they love this ride so much:confused3 Oh well, it is a classic:)

Up next (I think) Winnie The Pooh...
DSC_0059.jpg

With that, we were done with Fantasyland. The only other ride we were interested in was Peter Pan and the line was too long. The kids were ok with it so we headed over to Jungle Cruise!

Brendan was so funny on this ride. He remembered from our trips before that someone usually gets picked to "drive" the boat. Without hesitation, he interrupted the driver "Excuse me... can I drive your boat?" She was a really good captain and let him have the wheel for most of the ride!
DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

It was getting to be close to parade time. We never really make a big deal of seeing the parades but this time I wanted to. One of my good DISfriends was in the park on the same day as us and we were supposed to meet up. Unfortunately, it didn't work out so we headed to the front of the park in hopes of getting a good spot to watch. It was almost 3:00 so I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to fit anywhere. Well, let me tell you, I was WRONG!!! The crowds were the lowest we have ever seen them. There was NO ONE around us!!! We got a spot with plenty of room to spare. Here is a pic that kind of shows you. I meant to take a pic of the emptiness around us but I guess I forgot:confused:
DSC_0101.jpg

And with that, we were done with MK for the day. It was now time to head over to Epcot. We had an ADR for Garden Grill!

As usual for one of your trip reports, I am loving the photos!

I just cannot believe how much your kids have grown! And Aubrey's skirt in the porch photo is so cute. Well, all their special Disney clothes are cute. :laughing:

It was very nice of the stroller company owner to not charge you for the stolen stroller. I hope your strategy for not getting them stolen worked this time.

It looks like you had a nice first day. The weather and crowds both sound about perfect. :cloud9: I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip, especially since it sounds like it was fantastic! :woohoo:

As usual for one of your trip reports, I am loving the photos!

I just cannot believe how much your kids have grown! And Aubrey's skirt in the porch photo is so cute. Well, all their special Disney clothes are cute. :laughing:

It was very nice of the stroller company owner to not charge you for the stolen stroller. I hope your strategy for not getting them stolen worked this time.

It looks like you had a nice first day. The weather and crowds both sound about perfect. :cloud9: I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip, especially since it sounds like it was fantastic! :woohoo:

Hi there my friend. Thanks for following along :) This was a great trip for us. Probably our best one yet!!!

Well, it looks like I've got a lot of lurkers out there. Lots of readers but no posts. Oh well, I'll just keep talking as long as Where'sPiglet wants to keep reading :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Alrighty, so I left off right when we were leaving MK. We hopped on the monorail :-)love: the monorail BTW) and headed to Epcot. Being a TA, I hear from SO many people that "Epcot isn't fun for kids." I beg to differ. My kids LOVE Epcot!! Especially Soarin and our favorite family ride... Test Track!!! (stay tuned for a great TT video) We entered the gates, and I'll mention again that there was NO ONE in line! It was great. I noticed the Photopass people taking some cute new poses in front of SE so I decided to try one out myself...

DSC_0114.jpg

I've never seen this one before. We've done the sorcer hat thing at DHS but I thought this was just too cute!!

As soon as we got done with pics, we ran into Daisy and Stitch...

DSC_0120.jpg

We had some really good character interaction throughout this trip. Stitch was particularly fun! First up was Brendan. He ran up to give Stitch a hug but then Stitch wouldn't let him go!

DSC_0125.jpg

Then it was time for autographs and he wouldn't give the pen back. Brendan thought this was just the funniest thing ever!

DSC_0130.jpg

Finally he took a minute to pose for a pic:)

DSC_0131.jpg

Aubrey's turn....

DSC_0134.jpg

Then he started to give his handler trouble. She was great too!

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0137.jpg

Again, I'm not sure of the order that we did things here...

Club Cool:
This is one of our FAVORITE stops! Here is Aubrey tasting one of her favorites...

DSC_0140.jpg

I am so sad because I can't find our traditional picture of Jason tasting the Beverly! I have a pic of this from each trip. Oh well, he's one from the past just to give you a giggle...

epcot053.jpg

Hi there my friend. Thanks for following along :) This was a great trip for us. Probably our best one yet!!!

:wave2: Hi! Glad to hear it was so good!

Well, it looks like I've got a lot of lurkers out there. Lots of readers but no posts. Oh well, I'll just keep talking as long as Where'sPiglet wants to keep reading :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl: Yes, I'd like to keep reading! Keep writing, please!

Lurkers, please say hi! :flower3:

Nice update....I love Epcot, Stitch, and Coke!

Coca, Cola, that is! What a great interaction you were able to have with Stitch. He was totally in character!

Nice report so far. It sounds like you were all getting some much needed relaxation. I especially like the photo of your daughter holding up the Epcot ball :thumbsup2

Wonderful report!!!! The pics are great! You have a beautiful family :) I too LOVE the BC! We are taking a cruise in Oct., this will be our 1st!!!!!

Yay! A reader!! lol :welcome:

Nice report so far. It sounds like you were all getting some much needed relaxation. I especially like the photo of your daughter holding up the Epcot ball :thumbsup2

Thanks :) We DEFINITELY needed this break. A little R&R sure does the body good!!

Wonderful report!!!! The pics are great! You have a beautiful family :) I too LOVE the BC! We are taking a cruise in Oct., this will be our 1st!!!!!

Thanks!! I could literally live at the BC. It is heaven on earth! This was our first cruise too - Disney or otherwise! I hope you read along for the cruise portion of the TR. It was amazing:cloud9:

I'm in! I think I subbed to your last report but after you stopped updating it!
eta: I have a 6 yr old (almost 7) dd and a 4.5 yr old ds too!

I'm in! I think I subbed to your last report but after you stopped updating it!
eta: I have a 6 yr old (almost 7) dd and a 4.5 yr old ds too!

I am so sorry for bailing on the last TR:guilty: I just lost the urge to update since it was such a crappy trip :( But this one is different!!!

Cool about our kids:thumbsup2 Mine are 17 months apart and usually act like best friends. We had a blast on this trip :) Thanks for reading along!

mine are 26 mos apart, Gabbie will be 7 in April and Zachary will be 5 in June. I also have an 18 mos old. :)

Hi everyone! I've decided to add some videos to my TR. I got this really cool new camera for our trip. It's by Kodak and can be used under water. I got it primarily for snorkeling on our cruise but ended up taking a few short videos here and there. So I've uploaded a few from our day in MK.

This one is cute. It's of our first bus ride. Brendan was very excited! And you can see how the bus is almost empty!! Yay for low crowds...

Here's a quick video from the Haunted Mansion que...

And one of Brendan driving the boat on Jungle Cruise...

More to come!!!

I watched your videos last night in between watching the live-streaming of Orpheus. Very nice. :thumbsup2

Happy Mardi Gras! :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter