• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lamplight Lounge Dinner Yay or Nay??

Those nachos look delicious and huge. Could those be shared between 2 people do you think? That way we could have room for doughnuts.

We had the best time of our vacation at LLL. It could have been influenced though because we were thrilled to be taken to The Office! It was an amazing experience. The drinks were fantastic (the hidden menu ones were the best). Everything our group had was enjoyed (burger/nachos/potato skins/donuts). We went in more for the experience and drinks than the food but we were sooo pleasantly surprised with the entire process. So glad we took the time to go (and we really did take time...I think we were there for almost 2 hours).

We had the best time of our vacation at LLL. It could have been influenced though because we were thrilled to be taken to The Office! It was an amazing experience. The drinks were fantastic (the hidden menu ones were the best). Everything our group had was enjoyed (burger/nachos/potato skins/donuts). We went in more for the experience and drinks than the food but we were sooo pleasantly surprised with the entire process. So glad we took the time to go (and we really did take time...I think we were there for almost 2 hours).
That sounds so fun!

No. And I can say that with absolute certainty after recently coming back from WDW. Disneyland food is great, especially by comparison to WDW.
Dang, I didn't realize we had it so good here on the West Coast.
And I certainly don't remember the food at WDW when my wife and I went there on on our honeymoon way back when if you get my drift...
But we do fondly remember a shrimp scampi dinner at WDW (don't remember the restaurant) or maybe it was the multiple margaritas that made it so tasty??

Dang, I didn't realize we had it so good here on the West Coast.
And I certainly don't remember the food at WDW when my wife and I went there on on our honeymoon way back when if you get my drift...
But we do fondly remember a shrimp scampi dinner at WDW (don't remember the restaurant) or maybe it was the multiple margaritas that made it so tasty??

We were at WDW for 9 nights a few weeks ago. We ate off property like 4 times because I wanted something decent. And one of those times was Panda Express, if that tells you anything. (Even Panda wasn't nearly as good as it is where we live).

We had exactly 5 "good" meals on property among 24 meals (B, L, D x 8 days)

1. Topolinos Breakfast (the steak was amazing)

2. Ale & Compass Breakfast (although dinner was God awful)

3. Pizza and Nicoise Salad at Connections Cafe in Epcot (the ONLY good counter service restaurant in Epcot)

4. Dinner at Gasparilla Grill (specifically the Blackened chicken sandwich, although my kid hated his flatbread)

5. Dinner at Captain Cook's (specifically the Pan Asian noodles with chicken)

(Honorable mention) 6. Pizza slices and ceasar salad at Pizza Ponte in Disney Springs..Best value on property, hands down.

Everything else we ate was "meh" at BEST.

We had to go to Target twice for fresh fruit and veggies and yogurts to keep in our fridge. There is a severe lack of any nutritious food available on property. I really missed the produce stands that we have at Disneyland. Nothing like that at WDW. Every time I bought fresh fruits at WDW, it was mushy and gross (grapes, strawberries, bagged apple slices). I stopped trying after those experiences.

You pretty much have to eat at Signature Restaurants at WDW to get quality food. It's like pulling teeth to get a salad with some grilled chicken on it at WDW. They usually put fried chicken tenders on the salads. 🤦‍♀️

And the fries at every quick service location were beyond terrible. Stale, hard, and ALWAYS cold. It was a pervasive issue. Even my teen boys didn't ever eat the fries. You know it's bad at that point.

Even a lot of the desserts were bad. Just overly sweet with no discernable flavor other than sugar. Poor quality soft serve in Tomorrowland (icy instead of creamy and melted too fast), an only partially frozen citrus swirl that I had to throw away because it was melting so fast it was inedible (at night, when it wasn't even hot out). It was just so much disappointment.

Last edited:
We were at WDW for 9 nights a few weeks ago. We ate off property like 4 times because I wanted something decent. And one of those times was Panda Express, if that tells you anything. (Even Panda wasn't nearly as good as it is where we live).

We had exactly 5 "good" meals on property among 24 meals (B, L, D x 8 days)
😳😳 and😳😳

It was bad. I was literally texting with my best friend who is my Disney travel buddy about how HUNGRY I was this whole trip because the food was SO awful and I was not finishing most things because I just couldn't choke it down. I was so disappointed.

I lost 2 pounds on this trip. That has NEVER happened to me.

I wanted to report back that our meal at Lamplight Lounge was amazing! We had the nachos with chicken instead of the lobster and the potato skins. We had Dole Whip shots and I got The Sea Witch which is an off menu drink. Our server Esteban was so amazing! We will definitely be back!

Attachments

• IMG_2583.jpeg
    IMG_2583.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2599.jpeg
    IMG_2599.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2602.jpeg
    IMG_2602.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 17
I wanted to report back that our meal at Lamplight Lounge was amazing! We had the nachos with chicken instead of the lobster and the potato skins. We had Dole Whip shots and I got The Sea Witch which is an off menu drink. Our server Esteban was so amazing! We will definitely be back!
We loved our dinner there as well. I had the Salmon PLT (-the P) and the new cold brew drink. My husband had the pork chop and some beautiful "secret" menu drink, I can't remember what is was called but it was layered with a raspberry skewer on top. Food was delicious and drinks were good. Service was top notch. A really great meal.

Um, excuse me … did you say Dole Whip SHOT!?!

:::rushing to make a LL reservation:::

P.S. Love the Sea Witch, but this may take the cake!

We loved our dinner there as well. I had the Salmon PLT (-the P) and the new cold brew drink. My husband had the pork chop and some beautiful "secret" menu drink, I can't remember what is was called but it was layered with a raspberry skewer on top. Food was delicious and drinks were good. Service was top notch. A really great meal.
We mainly go LLL for the decor and vibe. The food there has gone down in quality a tick from when they first started. The lobster nachos don't live up to the hype for us. We've tried them twice, but didn't find anything special about them. The poke bowl they used to have was great until they changed it a couple years ago.

As you say, the pork was very good. Cooked perfectly, not dry at all, and tasted great. The donuts are also very good. The drinks are a lot of fun as well.

EDIT: forgot to say that it's a Yea for us :-)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter