Lamplight Lounge Brunch

StarlitNight05

DIS Veteran
How is Lamplight Lounge brunch these days? I was able to get a reservation for the Friday of our trip. My real hope is to be sat outside so we can get some of those awesome views...how likely is that if we request it? I've heard some bad stories about Lamplight being inflexible when asking for particular seating, so not sure if I should keep my hopes up.

Also, any food or drink recs? I've recently started eating meat again after being a vegetarian for years, so I'm finding it very hard to make selections when I have so many options!

I went in August (so it was hot) and I requested to be seated somewhere that was in the shade (didn't care inside or outside) and they honored that request. Who knows if I had already been assigned a table that was in the shade but they didn't give me any pushback with that request. My two favorite things to eat are the Chiaquiles or the Potato Flautas and I love getting the Mimosa Flight to drink. My 3 year old really liked the Brunch Quesadilla if you have kids.

It is our favorite DLR meal. It is hard to book, so you are lucky you got it! My favorite things are the exact same things listed by the PP. I was skeptical about the Potato Flautas because of the plant based meat-- but DD is a vegetarian and wanted to try them, so we got those for the table as an appetizer. They were fantastic! I will order those again every time! Those Chiaquiles are fantastic too!

On the MDE, there is a listing for Lamplight Lounge and Lamplight Lounge- Boardwalk.
Is the only difference the seating?

On the MDE, there is a listing for Lamplight Lounge and Lamplight Lounge- Boardwalk.
Is the only difference the seating?

No! They are completely different menus and experiences. Boardwalk Dining is more akin to a bar with snacks/small bites and its upstairs, outdoors on the boardwalk. LL is the entirety of the downstairs location with a far better menu of both drinks and food.

I finally got Lamplight Lounge brunch reservations for our March trip, it's good to get some ideas of what to try. The french toast looks great. It seems like the potato flautas are worth a try, too!

What's in the brunch quesadilla?

I finally got Lamplight Lounge brunch reservations for our March trip, it's good to get some ideas of what to try. The french toast looks great. It seems like the potato flautas are worth a try, too!

What's in the brunch quesadilla?
The brunch quesadilla is a kids meal and it has egg whites and cheddar jack on a whole wheat tortilla. They get 2 sides and choose from vanilla yogurt, fruit, bacon, or potatoes. The other kid's options are an omelet, french toast or mini burger.

We got the Chilaquiles, Flautas, French Toast, and the Egg White Frittata. I didn't taste the frittata as I hate mushrooms, but I had all the others. We went vacation wild. I think we had 5 entrees for 3 people (and I had the mimosa flight). LOL. DD wanted the Chilaquiles, but also the flautas, so we got the flautas as an appetizer to all try them. I couldn't decide between the French Toast and the Chilaquiles, and DH couldn't decide between the Frittata and the Chilaquiles-- so I think I got the French Toast and he got the Frittata, and then we got an order of Chilaquiles to split, so we could try it all. While the French Toast was okay, I wouldn't order it again, when I could have the flautas or chilaquiles instead. It wasn't the best french toast I had ever had, and it wasn't the worst- a little dry, but maybe we just got a bad batch that first time. Of all the food we ordered, the French Toast was only one that was half left behind when we were done. Everything else was gone!!!

Has anyone had luck ordering the mimosa flight during a lunch reservation? I’m guessing no, but I’m going to ask when we eat anyway!

The brunch quesadilla is a kids meal and it has egg whites and cheddar jack on a whole wheat tortilla. They get 2 sides and choose from vanilla yogurt, fruit, bacon, or potatoes. The other kid's options are an omelet, french toast or mini burger.

We got the Chilaquiles, Flautas, French Toast, and the Egg White Frittata. I didn't taste the frittata as I hate mushrooms, but I had all the others. We went vacation wild. I think we had 5 entrees for 3 people (and I had the mimosa flight). LOL. DD wanted the Chilaquiles, but also the flautas, so we got the flautas as an appetizer to all try them. I couldn't decide between the French Toast and the Chilaquiles, and DH couldn't decide between the Frittata and the Chilaquiles-- so I think I got the French Toast and he got the Frittata, and then we got an order of Chilaquiles to split, so we could try it all. While the French Toast was okay, I wouldn't order it again, when I could have the flautas or chilaquiles instead. It wasn't the best french toast I had ever had, and it wasn't the worst- a little dry, but maybe we just got a bad batch that first time. Of all the food we ordered, the French Toast was only one that was half left behind when we were done. Everything else was gone!!!
Wow, everything sounds amazing! I might have to copy you and order it all lol. That brunch Quesadilla sounds so good.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to order the lobster nachos during brunch? I was thrilled to get a reservation today for next weekend! Thank you!

Does anyone know if you can ask for the eggs to be scrambled on the chilaquiles? I am not a fan of fried eggs.

Barring that, can you ask them to hold the watermelon on the dishes they put it with? I do not like melon of any kind.

Or I may just keep dinner rather than brunch.

Does anyone know if you can ask for the eggs to be scrambled on the chilaquiles? I am not a fan of fried eggs.

Barring that, can you ask them to hold the watermelon on the dishes they put it with? I do not like melon of any kind.

I have ordered them with egg whites twice with no issues so I bet it would be easy to get them with scrambled eggs.

Yes we did this a few weeks ago. Scrambled eggs were no problem at all. I was wishing we had shared an order of chilaquiles between two of us and just asked for an extra serving of scrambled eggs. Would have been MORE than enough for two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter