Laguna Beach or Venice Beach?

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
If you had to pick Laguna or Venice - what would it be?
They both sound very similiar - ideas?

I've been to both and the only similarity I find is both are beaches. Other than that, they are quite different. Venice is filled with freaks and wierdo (especially on weekends). It's a fun place to walk around and people watch. They shops are more of the 3 T shirts for $10 type and a few knock off stalls. Here's a short film of Venice
http://www.turnhere.com/city/los_angeles/santa_monica_venice/films/87.aspx

Laguna is also nice, but the vibe is completely different. The area much more upscale--this can be seen by the shops/restaurants along Main St. They people are also more conservative--it's still Orange County after all:goodvibes

Hope this helps you decide.

We were in Laguna Sunday for the Festival of the Arts and the Pageant of the Masters. I prefer Laguna over Venice hands down!! I also highly recommend the Pageant of the Master to anyone who hasn't see it!! Good stuff!

Venice beach is not for the conservative!!! We went there before the DD was born and had quite a hoot at watching the guys ar Muscle Beach and people watching, but more of an adult/teenager venue than one for the family. Not what I would consider wholesome...interesting, but you feel a bit like you want to shower once you've walked amongst the masses!!
So, Laguna!

Laguna, unless you want to hang out with the homeless.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter