• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies, what kind of shoes do you bring to WDW?

Bearing in mind some of these are clearly for nursing staff (the ugly white ones)...
Here is the entire professional line from this year:

http://www.birkenstock.com/pro/

You should really just go and try them on. The black rubbery looking ones are what I am packing - GREAT in the rain (the padding inside comes out and dries quickly if they get wet) and they still look really cute with jeans :)

All that matters is if they're broken in. I'm probably taking a pair of brown shoes, my tennis shoes and sandals in case it's warm. All with boot-cut jeans and capris. And I'm normally a pretty big fashion adherent.

Where can I find wrightsocks and the blister shield for my toes. I also get blisters everytime i go to disney. I have tried so many things.

thanks

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wave2:

Band-Aid and Curad make blister block and treatment bandages. They are available everywhere with the regular bandages.

Originally posted by Shelly D.
I'm packing! Yippee! But, I can't decide what shoes to pack. We usually go in the summer and I bring tennis shoes, but this time our trip is in December and I'm bringing jeans and most are boot cut and look funny with tennis shoes.

Any suggestions on comfy shoes or good brands that you always wear when trekking the parks? Can you look styling and avoid blisters?!?

;)

I have the same dilema too ... I'm definitely bringing a pair of running shoes to walk around the park. My jeans look okay with my sandals which have a slight heel .. but I'm thinking it might be too cold at night to wear though. I may bring a pair of shoes with heels for the night we go to PI ...:rolleyes: It seems like I'm bringing more stuff with me on this trip than I would on my May trips :)

Originally posted by Familymoon
It depends on the model. I have the arizona three strap sandals - and those have a cork footbed. What this means is - yes, it needs break-in time, definitely. And, I can't walk too long in them without socks or I get hotspots.

However, if you can find the surgeons shoes (they are the medical ones - they're anti-static clogs and have a cushioned footbed) they are made to be worn on your feet for hours at a time. So, those you can definitely buy and wear. You should be able to tell immediately when you put them on which style they are. I've heard some sandals are coming with the foam or cushioned footbed, but I haven't seen them IRL yet.

Where is the outlet??!! I MUST know. I get mine at www.jestelkg.com - but that's somewhere in Denmark and they are SOOOOOO cheap (but the free shipping literally takes 6 weeks or more). Last year I bought three pairs of clogs for the price of one in the stores!!

Familymoon, I'll let you know which outlet has the sale as soon as I find it myself. Someone emailed me about it, now I'm just trying to track it down. I'm hoping it was somewhere close to Disney!!

I'll post it as soon as I find the info!

You know, I NEVER wear my tennis shoes with my boot cut jeans around here! But, at WDW I'll do it in a heart beat!!! My Sauconys are the most comfortable shoes I own, so I just accept that I'll look a little dorky for a week!;)

To the OP, don't worry. I'll also be there next week wearing my (Gasp!) Teva sandals with socks. I've already been told that's the height of non-fashion. So don't worry about what you wear-people will be too busy laughing at my fashion faux pax (or however it's spelled)

I'm one of those girls in a skirt and high heels. If I could buy athletic shoes with a heel for the gym, I would. I used to be a make-up artist and had to wear heels and be on my feet all day, so I'm used to it. I'm much more comfortable in heels/sandals than in athletic shoes. I think I'm a throw-back to the 50s (way before my time) - has anyone ever seen the old Disneyland specials? Women wore hats, heels, and dresses and men in suits. Can't imagine fighting through July 4th WDW crowds in an outfit like that!

I'll be bringing my nice OP flip flops, which are lovely and cushioned, and a pair of broken in tennis shoes.

I wear tennis shoes with boot cut jeans fairly often... I never knew this was such a no-no.. :o

I wear New Balance 608 tennis shoes and they is great. I walk all day in WDW in those shoes and did not have a blister.

I also wear my New Balance shoes at baseball park where I standing on concrete all day and those shoes are great for that. I am currently looking into buying two pair again for baseball season so I can not sore feet.

Anyway WDW only have two water rides out all the 4 parks.

A rule thumb is always bring two pair of comfortable shoes on any trip go on.

Thanks to everyone for all the great replies. I think we all agree, footwear is extremely important at the World!

I went to the mall this afternoon to a store called The Fitting Stool (I think it's local) and they specialize in "comfort" shoes like Clarks, Merrill, Ecco, etc. I ended up buying a Merrill Moc. Once I tried it on, I didn't want to take it off. It was so comfortable. Much more comfortable than even my Nikes. But I'm still bringing both. They also sold special socks called Thorlos that are made for walking and supposed to prevent blisters. They were $9.50/pair, so I passed. I figured I'd already spent enough on the shoes.

Happy trekking everyone!

for ShellyD.: since you mentioned socks, you might consider bringing extra socks, and change them mid-day. You'd be amazed at how much more comfy you'll feel at the end of the day, especially if you'll be going during the brutally humid weather. Be very kind to your feet while at Disney. Have a great time. Now, if we could only prevent someone from rolling over your feet with a carriage or wheelchair! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Target sells cool max socks. You can get 6 pairs for 6.99. Same as Throlo.

Originally posted by Familymoon

Where is the outlet??!! I MUST know. I get mine at www.jestelkg.com - but that's somewhere in Denmark and they are SOOOOOO cheap (but the free shipping literally takes 6 weeks or more). Last year I bought three pairs of clogs for the price of one in the stores!!

It's Belz Outlet right by Disney! I'll be taking a trip there next week.

I can't believe this is my last day of work and we leave tomorrow! I never thought this day would come!

We've been going to WDW for years now and I actually have two pair of sneakers that I ONLY wear at WDW. This is the only thing I would ever think of wearing to the parks, day and night, any time of the year. We always do tons of walking and these are the only things that I am truly comfy in for the parks. If we are planning a two week or longer stay (our usual) I also bring 3 or 4 additional pair of shoes like flip-flops, low heel walking type shoes, dressy shoes, etc. for all the different activities. Sometimes we just go to dinner and DD or something and then I can wear sandals or something else, but honestly in the parks the only type of shoe I have ever found to be good is a really good sneaker. I am always amazed at some of the shoes people wear. Their feet must be a lot better than mine!!!! LOL!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter