• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies, how often do you wash your hair during the week?

I use a conditioning cleanser every day on my hair. I have thick, dry, curly hair so it needs this. I also have horrible bedhead so there's no way to get around washing it anyway.

Reactions: Kae

Every day. I would have no problem skipping a day here and there. I have short hair and when I wake up.............nothing can make it look decent again. When we go walking in the morning, I must wear a hat.

Usually every other day, sometimes every third day. For years I shampooed daily and felt grungy if I didn't. But my hair has gotten dryer as I've aged and I've gotten used to it so it doesn't bother me.

Sometimes on an off day, I'll still rinse and condition in the shower if I feel it needs it. I also skip the blow dryer on days that I can and just let it air dry naturally, then use some product to style it if necessary.

Last edited:
E/O day. On the off days, I wear it up, because it gets gross, I think. But, my hair is long, super thick, and coarse. It's a pain in the rear.

I wash mine twice a week. I have very thick straight hair. I can wake up, brush it and out the door. Obviously if I do something where I get extra sweaty, dusty, etc I wash it then. Mine looks best the day after washing and looks pretty much the same the next day. I don't use any product so there's nothing to weigh it down or make it look oily.

Know this is just for the ladies, but every other day. I also try and use non alcoholic gel/creme in my hair.

Last edited:
I have frizzy, dry hair. I wash it 2 times a week, 3 times tops - or after I've done something particularly sweaty - or if I've put product in it.

If I washed every day, I'd have a giant frizz halo, and my hair is a giant puffball. Nope.

Once or twice a week, usually on Thursday or Sunday. I have to wear my hair in a tight bun at work so having it a little oily makes less work for me in the mornings. I just twist it up and it's enough that it stays. I'm washing it tonight because I had two hours of physical training this morning and feel gross. If I have something fancy going on I'll wash it specifically for that day. When I'm sailing I go to every two weeks with dry shampoo during that time. (I have yet to be caught in the shower during an emergency and I'm trying to keep it that way haha!)

Every other day and when I don't wash, I run conditioner through it. My hair and scalp tend to be dry.

Every three days. It's very dry damaged long hair so the longer I can go the better. It doesn't get that oily (maybe after 3 days it will...I also use dry shampoo when I go into a 4th day).

It is a real job to wash and blow-out my think unruly hair.
I could not imaging doing this every day!

Every other day should be more than sufficient!
If hair feels heavy, greasy, dirty, every day... I would look into my shampoo and other hair products.
I don't use any leave-in products AT ALL, for that very reason.

Every day. I don't have oily hair or anything but I use a lot of product and it just doesn't look good the next day and I can't get it back into any sort of shape.

Every day - at night actually - go to bed with it wet. Don't own a dryer, never use any products of any kind, don't curl it, dye it or anything. My hair is very oily - down to my waist and at 61 - has very little gray...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter