Ladies (and some gents ;)) share your park beauty tips please.

2Lunds

DIS Veteran
Looking for product recommendations, tips, etc... for looking cute in the heat, humidity, rain etc... Waterproof/sweatproof makeup, preferably with sunscreen, great hair products for anti-frizz and so on.

What has worked well for you? Has great staying power? Any epic fails?

:tink:

I don't wear makeup and I just use my regular shampoo and conditioner (Pantene sleek and smooth) because I like the way it works with me hair in regular life.
I bring a folding travel size hair brush, chap stick, and a tiny body spray.
Later in the day when the sun is no longer beating down on me I will take a wet paper towel and blot my face to feel human again lol.

Okay first question- how much makeup are you looking to wear? I have some amazing products that make my makeup really stick (even through hot summer days) but I wear a lot of makeup.

For hair frizz, I love the Redken line of frizz reducing products. They're in the gold tubes/bottles. I usually use the cream!

Eyelash extensions help a lot. Otherwise it's waterproof mascara (like Urban Decay Cannonball) and curling them to death. Or large sunglasses :) I dont wear a lot of makeup, but what I do wear I seal with Urban Decay All Nighter spray (they make it in travel size). This way I only take lip color (and chapstick and SPF) with my in my park bag. They make tons of longwear liquid lipstick. Most I don't like because they look and feel too dry. But I do like LimeCrime "Plushies". Benetint is good too. If having your picture taking, use bright colors. Even a punchy pink cheek and lip barely shows up in photos anyway.

IF I do my hair, I will get Photopass pics of my fiance and I right when we enter the parks, like first thing. Otherwise I like to wear my hair in buns or french braids. I hate hats and especially hate wearing them WITH sunglasses so I'll usually tie up a bandana in my hair (color coordinated w/ my outfit that day, lol)

I like to take along the beauty and skin products I use in my day to day life. So I will buy the travel sizes of those products on Ulta/Sephora/Amazon or else decant it into smaller pots so I can bring it with me and not have to settle with other random brands just b/c I have them in travel size.

And as always, makeup is nice and all, but sunscreen is most important.

In regards to makeup....I usually wear a lot of eye makeup...but if I am in Disney and it is going to be hot...I limit the eye makeup, so that it doesn't melt off my face and look messy.
  • Start off with a facial moisturizer with Sun Block (usually Oil of Olay)
  • Then Urban Decay Optical Illusion Primer....(i find that when i skip this step my makeup doesnt last all day...and I am NOT carrying makeup into the parks)
  • Benefits Eyebrow Filler
  • Waterproof Mascara...stick with the brand that complements your eyelash type)
  • For foundation i use Mac Studio Fix
  • Set with a powder...so your don't get shinny when the weather heats up
  • Lip Gloss (this i carry with me to reapply throughout the day)
In regards to my hair...i prefer to wear it down, because if i wear a ponytail for too long i get headaches.
so prior to my trip i usually head into the salon for a wash and blow out....i dont know why, but when they do it, i can get an extra day out my hair...which will limit the amount of times i need to wash and blow dry my hair. Hair types are all different...so products are hard to recommend...usually i only use some sort of smoothing cream on the mornings that i do wash and dry my hair. Too much product will cause your hair to get oily quicker...thus more washing. i do always carry a hair tie...so that i can throw my hair up if it starts to rain or i go on a water ride.

So I’ll start with a sunscreen for the face. Days when I know I’ll be in the sun all day I do this, for every other day it’s not needed as between moisturizer, foundation and powder I have more then enough to block the sun. Next is a good primer, I’m using Urban decay right now, the foundation which is Nars. I also use the nars eyelid primer as well. I should mention between each layer is a 5 min wait (I normally to the moisturizer and the brush and floss teeth, the do foundation and then do my hair, that way I’m always working while the products set)... then powder with sunscreen over everything. Next I’ll use my normal blush and bronzer, eyeliner, waterproof mascara, lip stick and lip gloss. Finally I’ll use the same finishing hairspray for the hair and a makeup setting spray for the face - reading this I’ve determined I may be a little high maintenance in the makeup department...

Of this I take a small hair brush, I use a Contact lense case for hair smoothing products, and I bring blotting paper and face powder into the park.

I am usually a full makeup girl, but at Disney during the day I use a tinted moisturizer instead of primer/foundation/powder. In fact, you reminded me that I need to stock up for my trip in 12 days! I use pür 4-in-1 mineral tinted moisturizer. It has built-in sunscreen but only SPF 20 so I usually put stronger oil-free sunscreen on underneath. I also go lighter on the eye makeup- I still need eyeliner and mascara or I look like I permanently belong in the Haunted Mansion, but I skip the eyeshadow. I second Melissa on the braids! During the day my hair is in braids under a hat. I have naturally curly hair and I Just Can't Even during the day time in Florida. We usually take a mid day or late afternoon break, and then I will shower off all the sunscreen and sweat from the day, and shampoo/blowdry/straighten my hair before we go back out a night (and put on closer to my "regular" makeup look.) In the mornings I'll usually take a shower, but not shampoo, since the hair is just going into the braids.

Oh also, since we're going mid-March and I've been buried in sweaters and boots, I've started prepping my skin. I started using gradual self-tanner a couple weeks ago so that my legs and arms aren't pasty when I have on shorts and tank tops in two weeks.

I am a natural beauty and don’t wear makeup :sad2: but seriously I find it’s too hot and sweats off anyway so I keep it simple. Lip gloss, sunscreen, and go!!! I don’t want to worry about my makeup running all over my face. Hair goes up in a ponytail. We are RD people and have to get ready quick in the mornings

I live by having my hair in braids while I'm in Disney - it keeps the frizz at bay. Other than that I'm useless for tips as I don't wear makeup but know that you aren't alone we are all melting in solidarity!
I 2nd that - I wear either either 2 french braid pig tails or one french braid. And then I hair spray my hair as it's really fine and falls out of the braid easily especially on thrill rides.

I have blonde eyebrows and eye lashes so I use an eye brow pencil and mascara every day. I've recently switched to the Lancome definicils mascara - It stays on even when I go swimming! I am looking into getting my eyebrows and lashes dyed and my eyelashes permed ( they go straight out) so that I don't have to worry about either of those when I go on my next WDW trip.

For makeup I wear alot, so generally I start with sunscreen, It cosmetics bye bye pores primer, then IT cosmetics CC cream( has spf in it ), It bye bye pores powder to set it and then urban decay all nighter spray to lock it in. My eyes I use Nars primer on the lids and urban decay naked shadows .I use a darker shadow as a liner and then waterproof mascara. I use a lip sunscreen and gloss on lips. I blot with blotting papers throughout the day.
Hair is a different story..For many years I had a super short pixie. Now I have a shoulder length angled bob ,that I flat iron and I have yet to find a product to keep it from frizzing and waving . I am thinking I might learn to do beachy waves and embrace it . I am also looking at sun hats etc

I just went to WDW for Princess Weekend and the key to my make up (yes I wore it while running) was Ben Bye sealing spray. It blew my Urban Decay, Too Faced, and my million other setting sprays out of the water!!! My make up stayed pretty flawless until the end of the day. I have oily spots peek through, but I just blotted and that was it. My mom kept asking me how I was able to keep my make up on all day! I stopped carrying my extra stash of makeup after the 2nd day. Fabulous!

I live in Florida and swear by my Bare Minerals makeup. For me, it says nice all day and doesn't make my skin feel like it's suffocating under layers of makeup. It's light and natural looking. As for hair, find products that work to combat high humidity. It's going to be so hot that you'll want to keep your hair tied up and away from your face/neck (if you have long enough hair to do so).

I also braid or twist my hair before a WDW trip, especially because I like to swim often when on vacation there.

For makeup, I typically wear more makeup at home, but at WDW, I go pretty light at the parks during the day. I don’t apply any foundation, but I will apply a bright lipstick, and sometimes lip gloss on top. If we’re going to a nice dinner at night, then I may add my Bare Minerals powder and eyeliner.

I usually use a brow pencil, but in the heat and humidity of Florida, I opt for a brow pomade or gel instead. I also try to skip using foundation and shift to tinted moisturizers (with spf) and a spot concealer where I need it. Definitely waterproof mascara and for color (think blush), again...I skip the powders. They melt off too quickly, and go for liquid or cream versions instead. In the weeks prior to any trip south, I'll typically make sure to get a facial (so my skin is looking it's best) and have my esthetician apply sunless tanner so I've got a nice, blended glow and don't need much makeup. What can I say? I'm a Northeast gal and look like a ghost by spring! While I'm in the parks I keep a lip gloss, a small packet of blotting papers and a couple packets of body wipes in case we're going straight to dinner and I won't have time to freshen up at the hotel beforehand. Nothing worse than being a sweaty, shiny mess at dinner. Yuck.

On our Disney vacations, I use my normal facial moisturizer then neutrogena age shield face spf 110. After it’s dry, I’ll place concealer where it’s needed & blend, sometimes with a powder on top. For eyes, I usually use a light, close to my skin tone, eyeshadow, mostly to keep any shine down, then a swipe of waterproof mascara. And finally, I like using baby lips tinted lip balm. For hair, I have straight hair that goes limp in humidity. I don’t even try to do anything with it. I put it in a ponytail or braids.
Honestly the thing I find that makes the most difference in pictures is using the tinted lip balm.

Forgive if mentioned before-wasn’t til half way through 2nd trip I realized I didn’t have to get stuck w/hair up just for ease/time/hold...something about washing it @night (fave clarify shampoo/ smoothing conditioner), then using your fave smoothing flat iron spray in the am when flat ironing...smoothing hair mask treatment halfway through the trip...truly basic I know...but freed me of buns for family pics.

Oil free moisturizer with sunscreen, clarifying oil free powder foundation, oil free loose powder, normal blush, waterproof mascara if truly want, more often than not-clear natural lash gel...TONS of face oil blotters throughout the days...like crazy.

No make-up and hair in ponytail, Zinc sunscreen. It's too hot for anything else. I say this as a very fair skinned person.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter