Labor Day Weekend?

IluvMGM

DIS Veteran
I have a DHS day planned for Saturday during Labor Day Weekend and saw how that park is all booked up. So, of course that is making me nervous now and questioning whether I should move my schedule all around to not have it on a weekend day. Any thoughts? We were there last year during Labor Day weekend, but with the hurricane the parks were dead, so I can't really make a comparison. What do you think would be the best parks for that weekend or do you think it will be busy all around? Any suggestions?

Will it hard to know where the crowds will swam this Labor Day weekend, normally AK and Epcot are the least crowded on the recent weekends. Occasionally MK will be fairly empty on Sunday mornings.

Weather is also a major factor and it can really clear a park out when rain arrives so guests that remain often are rewarded with lower crowds until closing.

Dave

Agree with the PP that there is no way you can compare this year to past years. The parks being "booked up" is not an indication that it will be wall-to-wall people. The capacity of each park has been significantly reduced and all reports I've seen say that they feel pretty empty.

Since crowd levels are capped at all parks, I wouldn't worry about being in a crowded park. If you want to do HS on a weekend, go for it. Crowd levels of previous years are irrelevant for now. HS is booking out with the APs even on weekdays, so trying to move around probably isn't going to result in a significant crowd level difference.

Agree with the PP that there is no way you can compare this year to past years. The parks being "booked up" is not an indication that it will be wall-to-wall people. The capacity of each park has been significantly reduced and all reports I've seen say that they feel pretty empty.
Not last weekend...I think that's why the OP is asking.

Thanks, guys. Yes, I know last weekend it was busy there, and I don't believe all passes were reserved, so wasn't sure how that crowd compared to a crowd where all spots were indeed taken. I think I'll keep the Saturday for now. Hopefully it won't be too busy. It would be a pain to try to switch days and dining reservations around.

Thanks, guys. Yes, I know last weekend it was busy there, and I don't believe all passes were reserved, so wasn't sure how that crowd compared to a crowd where all spots were indeed taken. I think I'll keep the Saturday for now. Hopefully it won't be too busy. It would be a pain to try to switch days and dining reservations around.

Over on the DIS facebook page, reports are consistently saying that weekends at HS are significantly more crowded with much longer wait times than week days. If you can move your dining without losing anything, I'd do it. I would at least see what the possibilities are.

It all depends on what you consider "crowded" and what you are comfortable with. We were over there this past weekend and I can tell you that the parks that we were in (Epcot on Sat and AK on Sun) in no way felt empty. Pandora yesterday felt just as crowded as it does on a normal day. That being said, the crowds seem to move in waves. While Pandora was packed, there were other areas of AK that definitely were not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter