La Cava (no tequila)

Sarahgraci

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be at Epcot in less than 2 weeks (EEEEEEEEK!). We'd love to go to La Cava to cool off in a dark space with a drink and snack, but we absolutely hate tequila (and wine). Other than the Mexican beers, do they have other alcoholic drinks? Do they have other liquors so we can get a Jack and coke, or a Pina Colada, or a gin & tonic?

If that's your goal - La Cava is not place for that. Their snacks also amount to chips and salsa, queso or guac - which are very good, but that's pretty much it. *Forgot - they also have a shrimp cocktail available.

I would suggest heading to the Rose and Crown instead.

Last edited:
I second the Rose & Crown Pub in the UK.
La Cava is a tequila bar - not what you are looking for

My second choice was Rose & Crown!

1) Of course, finding a seat can, and will, be a problem.
2) There are now only four tables (used to have six), and four stand-up tables.
3) Otherwise, you stand at the bar or stand in the middle of the room.
4) The other option is a TS ADR for the dining room, and just have drinks.

NOTE: During major events (F&G, F&W), the sit-down tables in the bar are removed, in order to increase turnover and to halt people from just having one or two drinks and not giving up the table for a long period of time..

How do two people who hate tequila hook up. Isn't that like a mathematical impossibility:tilt:. Y'all need to play the lottery.

Mm. There are three 'bars' in Epcot, and none are really full service. I'm not sure if any of them have a Pina Colada or Daiquri's, though a rum and coke is probably easily gotten at Rose and Crown at least.

Rose and Crown is probably the best bet for you. They specialize in beer and scotch, though, and not the mixed drinks- most of the mixed drinks they do have are beer mixed. La Cava, as said, just has tequila, mezcal and drinks made with both liquors (as well as a very small amount of Mexican beers). Tutto Gusta is a wine bar, but it also has classic Italian cocktails (and some not so classic) like the Americano- stuff made with campari and the like, not so much frozen stuff. There are also around six Italian beers on draft. I think they have the most interesting selection of small plates. I also find it's a lot more relaxed then Rose and Crown and La Cava, probably because there are more seats.

Last edited:
I don't think either of us has always hated it- it was probably just a couple of nights in college, when we were together, that killed tequila for us forever :-)
One bad experience with tequila will ruin a person forever.

I agree with the PPs: cocktail options at Epcot are meager, I'd skip La Cava if you don't like Tequila, and Tutto Gusto is a nice option.
Two other ideas...
1. Check out the China Tea stand out near the water in WS. It has a small selection of mixed specialty drinks and snacks (you could cart it back to Mexico and sit in the nice cool, dark, pavilion -- taking in the atmosphere).
2. Stroll out to Yacht Club and have real drinks at the full service bar at the Crew's Cup (cool and dark inside). Pretty good snacks here too. Short walk to/from Epcot.

Last edited:
There are more bars than that at Epcot. Besides R&C and La Cava there is a bar at Spice Road and one at Tutto Gusto. They have spirits but I couldn't tell you which ones. Rose & Crown has a selection of spirits. Don't think they can make blender drinks but they can probably do some basic mixed drinks. Never been much for sitting there, just belly up to the bar.

Bars outside the International Gateway, including restaurants with bar areas (none of which open until evening):

Martha's Vineyard, Beach Club
Crews Cup Lounge, Yacht Club
Bellevue Lounge, Boardwalk
Flying Fish, Boardwalk
Bluezoo, Dolphin
Il Mulino, Swan
Kimonos, Swan

Looking in the daytime? Over by the Dolphin is the Cabana pool bar which is not indoors but has good mixed drinks. There are also the pool bars at Boardwalk (Leaping Horse Libations) and Beach/Yacht (Hurricane Hanna's)

Last edited:
Oh, right, the Spice Road has it's own bar, too. I forgot about them as I've never sat inside there and thus was thinking 'cold dark place', but they exist. Again, it's not a hugely stocked bar, but it has some cool stuff.

Their specialty is again wine, including fortified ones. They also have eight or so Mediterranean beers. They have I think six mixed drinks that have nothing what-so-ever to do with the Mediterranean or Morocco despite the cutesy names that you can get from the little ice cream/slushy stand in the same building. I know one of their drinks uses pina colada mix, but I think their drinks might be premade in the slushy machine in the area I just mentioned. So instead of a Pina Colada, you might have to get their little cutely named version, which I think adds brandy. I'd check the menu: I'm sure the mixed drinks are up there somewhere.

Most of the table services have bars of some sort, as said, though Le Cellier is probably the one with the fullest menu if you're looking for mixed drinks (plus some cute flights, be they beer or whiskey). Nine Dragon's drink menu is very small, IIRC (but the Joy of Tea stand's Tipsy Ducks in Love is the best drink in creation so it evens out), while Tokyo Dining (and Teppen Edo) likewise specialize in sake, sake cocktails, and shoju. I'm guessing Chefs and Bistro- er, Monsieur Paul's mostly deal with wine. I'm not sure what the Coral Reef serves, though I think they have a bar. Biergarden has, well, beer, and lots of it. Mexico, UK, Italy, and Morocco serve what's at their local bars, mostly. All those places are more meal spots, though, save for perhaps enjoying sushi and sake at Tokyo Dining midday.

It's not a pina colada, but the QS Cantina across from the Mexico pavilion allegedly has a frozen mojito on its menu. You could get one of those, take it inside, and sit by the fountain if you really want to cool off in Mexico.

I don't like tequila either but I did try the avocado margarita at La Cava, because I love avocado. It was delicious and I didn't taste the tequila at all!! They have so many flavors to choose from, you might find one you like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter