L&M Experience

Mittens

Earning My Ears
I just returned from WDW yesterday. I did use L&M and would like to share my experience:

I had reserved a compact car several weeks in advance of my trip. Upon arrival I was told that only minivans were available and I would receive the upgrade for the same price. I did not want a minivan as I am unaccustomed to driving a large vehicle and there were only the two of us. Nor did I want to pay for the gas that a minivan would consume. I persisted and was told by the young lady at the desk "that is all we have and if you want you can check other rental companies and we will hold your reservation or you can accept the minivan and come back tomorrow for a compact car" I had to chuckle to myself as I knew (and they knew) that I would never get a better price for a rental car on the spur of the moment from one of their competitors. So I remained very nice and just kept telling the young lady that I really wanted a compact car. The manager had overheard our conversation and then gave the girl keys to a compact car. I was grateful that a car had "suddenly materialized" and I thanked the manager and went off to collect my car.

Well, if you could have seen that car you would never have believed it was a rental car! It was a red Nissan ? Sentra with nearly 25,000 miles. It was banged up, dirty, smelled of cigerette smoke and had burnt cigerette holes all over the back seat. I was totally shocked! So I went up to the garage attendant named Humberto and told him that I was unhappy with the car and asked if he could please assist me in getting another car. Humberto was absolutely fabulous! He quickly took care of the problem and offered me another car. He said he wanted me to be happy with my car. So I wound up getting a white Nissan Sentra with only 6000 miles, it was nice and clean, and still had that new car smell and it ran beautfully! Humberto seems to understand what customer satisfaction is all about and should be recognized for it!

Overall, I feel that my experience with L&M was positive. I feel that they did listen to and work toward resolving my concerns. However, I believe that my demeanor contributed a lot to my successful resolution. Inside I was boiling, and boy did I want to vent some anger but I always remember the adage "You get more flies with honey than with vinegar." So I just remained calm and pleasant and I wound up getting a wonderful car for less than $100 for the week that included all the taxes/fees. Returning the car was a breeze!

I would recommend L&M to others and will use them again in the future.

Mittens

A guy I work with rented from L & M 2 weekends ago. He reserved an economy or compact and got a van. He didn't mind and took it. I wouldn't want a van, I'm used to driving smaller cars too, I usually get a full size from National (which are really mid-size).

Has anyone here ever had the same experience as Mittens did at any of the OTHER airport rental agencies at MCO?

I think it is great that they took care of her issues, but that doesn't make it ok. Why did they try to rent this car to begin with? What kind of vehicles does L&M purchase? These cars are in BAD SHAPE! I also read they rented a minivan to someone with the driver's seat not in tack, moving slightly from side to side while driving. I'm sure they aren't the only place to try and past off a nasty vehicle. IMHO, this is just bad business. I also feel this happens when a place offers very CHEAP rates (you get a junky car that may be unsafe). No Thanks!

RobinLyn :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter