Kylo Ren will scare your kids and violate your personal space! It was AWESOME! (Vader BB8 ADDED!)

This was one of my favorite meets too- it made the trip to HS!

My heart was racing and I was at a loss for words. It was a great experience.

I don't know if I'd call that petite. My wife and I are both 6 foot tall. He's slim, but I wouldn't say petite.

Haha, was trying to come up with a word that he just is not imposing like Vader or a WOW like Chewbacca. We are well under 6' and he just looked like a skinny kid not much taller than us. Since he didn't bring any intensity to the character or have any weapons or scary costume ... he just was like blah.

Haha, was trying to come up with a word that he just is not imposing like Vader or a WOW like Chewbacca. We are well under 6' and he just looked like a skinny kid not much taller than us. Since he didn't bring any intensity to the character or have any weapons or scary costume ... he just was like blah.
I get what you're saying. I'm fairly sure that the voice interactions are pre-recorded. I haven't yet figured out how they're activated or who chooses what to say and why. The intimidation factor is then up to the friend of the character and how well they play the part. Obviously, that's going to vary by individual. I thought that the one we saw was pretty good. He got right up in my face and scared me a little.

It all depends on who is playing Kylo. When we went in December, we met him in the morning and it was awesome! Lots of interaction and he "spoke." My son ended up getting a Kylo Ren lightsaber later in the day, so went back to meet him again, and it wasn't a good meet at all. No interaction, he didn't "speak," it was basically get your photo and get out.

The lines were about the same length each time. It was rather disappointing.

Can anyone tell me if this is a regular scheduled meet and greet? My son loves SW and would love to meet any of the characters. Where is it in HS? Do we simply wait in line and they are "scheduled" all day. Is there any secret to meeting them? Thanks so much. (and as you can tell...I am still new at all of this)

I am begging you to please post that selfie! :)

I had to look in my album but I deleted it. I must of looked really weird crazy goofy for me to do that cause I keep all character meetings.

Seeing everyone else's pictures they look really good & fun! I guess knowing the character you're meeting maybe helps :rotfl2:

Can anyone tell me if this is a regular scheduled meet and greet? My son loves SW and would love to meet any of the characters. Where is it in HS? Do we simply wait in line and they are "scheduled" all day. Is there any secret to meeting them? Thanks so much. (and as you can tell...I am still new at all of this)
There are two - a regular M&G usually with a 30 minute or so line and a VISA card holder M&G with a much shorter line. They're both in the Star Wars Launch Bay.

Kylo Ren has his lightsaber with him. I don't understand what you mean by "scary costume". He wears what he wore in the movie.

Kylo Ren has his lightsaber with him. I don't understand what you mean by "scary costume". He wears what he wore in the movie.

- I have NEVER seen a lightsaber with him, not when I met him (2x) and not in any photo I have seen.
- "Scary" is Darth Vader, not Kylo Ren.
- Intimidating is tall and imposing etc, not a guy in a black robe just kinda standing there.
- And maybe that is part of the problem, he wasn't scary in the movie either.

I get it, some folks are scared by him ......... my family, not at all and quite disappointed. Been to the SW Weekends, met LOTS of Star Wars characters and this one is just a dud for us. I wouldn't be afraid to take any child in to meet him like I would some others.

Nothing scary, imposing or wow about this guy ...

STUDIO_LBVISACHAR_7616330548.jpeg

From: http://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com/2016/03/new-andor-unusual-characters-we-found.html

- I have NEVER seen a lightsaber with him, not when I met him (2x) and not in any photo I have seen.
- "Scary" is Darth Vader, not Kylo Ren.
- Intimidating is tall and imposing etc, not a guy in a black robe just kinda standing there.
- And maybe that is part of the problem, he wasn't scary in the movie either.

I get it, some folks are scared by him ......... my family, not at all and quite disappointed. Been to the SW Weekends, met LOTS of Star Wars characters and this one is just a dud for us. I wouldn't be afraid to take any child in to meet him like I would some others.

Nothing scary, imposing or wow about this guy ...

STUDIO_LBVISACHAR_7616330548.jpeg

From: http://toddjodybrent.blogspot.com/2016/03/new-andor-unusual-characters-we-found.html

I don't understand the appeal of Darth Vader. I quite enjoy the Kylo Ren character and I'm looking forward to learning more about him.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :)

His lightsaber is on his hip as seen in the photo.

I don't understand the appeal of Darth Vader. I quite enjoy the Kylo Ren character and I'm looking forward to learning more about him.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :)

His lightsaber is on his hip as seen in the photo.

Yes we can agree to disagree but I think you will find MANY love Darth Vader and have for decades.

Yes the saber is small and at his hip, it never comes in to play in the meet and greet any more than a belt buckle.

I think Kylo will fade into the past ..... sadly I think they lost an opportunity here on this one. The fact that we have never seen a line for him tells me he's not very popular and yet folks wait 30+ minutes to meet Chewbacca.

It all depends on who is playing Kylo. When we went in December, we met him in the morning and it was awesome! Lots of interaction and he "spoke." My son ended up getting a Kylo Ren lightsaber later in the day, so went back to meet him again, and it wasn't a good meet at all. No interaction, he didn't "speak," it was basically get your photo and get out.

The lines were about the same length each time. It was rather disappointing.

This has been us - twice. :( When a character is not imposing to meet visually, they need to bring their A game in how they act, verbalizing etc. Without that they are just a guy standing there.

Yes we can agree to disagree but I think you will find MANY love Darth Vader and have for decades.

Yes the saber is small and at his hip, it never comes in to play in the meet and greet any more than a belt buckle.

I think Kylo will fade into the past ..... sadly I think they lost an opportunity here on this one. The fact that we have never seen a line for him tells me he's not very popular and yet folks wait 30+ minutes to meet Chewbacca.

The Disney Visa Meet and Greet helps keep his wait time lower. Have you done the BB-8 meet and greet? I think that one is probably my least favorite now that I think back on it.

The meets for Kylo, Chewie, and BB-8 take place daily in Launch Bay. If you have a Chase Disney Visa credit card, there is a separate Kylo meet between 11-4 and all photos are available for you to download.

Yesterday for May the 4th, CM friend wore her Rebel shirt and pin. We had no wait for the Visa meet... because I had met Kylo on a previous trip, I watched as they interacted. Kylo spoke to her and kept circling around her as the Photopass photog kept snapping shots.

The Attendant had a look of "What???" as Kylo approached and did a little head bump to her forehead. I explained to her that CM friend had been a Padawan - that seemed to help her understand the interaction - two opposing "forces." Otherwise, in the photos, he was definitely invading her personal space. ;)

She received a number of downloads - I think at least 12. It was the highlight of her first Launch Bay visit!

The meets for Kylo, Chewie, and BB-8 take place daily in Launch Bay. If you have a Chase Disney Visa credit card, there is a separate Kylo meet between 11-4 and all photos are available for you to download.

Yesterday for May the 4th, CM friend wore her Rebel shirt and pin. We had no wait for the Visa meet... because I had met Kylo on a previous trip, I watched as they interacted. Kylo spoke to her and kept circling around her as the Photopass photog kept snapping shots.

The Attendant had a look of "What???" as Kylo approached and did a little head bump to her forehead. I explained to her that CM friend had been a Padawan - that seemed to help her understand the interaction - two opposing "forces." Otherwise, in the photos, he was definitely invading her personal space. ;)

She received a number of downloads - I think at least 12. It was the highlight of her first Launch Bay visit!
That was awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I am by no means a Kylo Ren fan. I did not like him in the movie at all. Lame. Whiny. Meh. Skipped his M&G last year. DD wanted to meet him (she has not seen TFA). But I have to admit he was intimidating. And a lot of fun. He lurked around the corner for us and was definitely interactive within his character's bounds.

I am by no means a child, but I'm going to this M&G with someone that doesn't know SW or Kylo Ren (I do, and I love it.). I'm planning on wearing my Princess Leia DisneyBound and custom Ears, and I'm actually a bit nervous to do so now? Thoughts?

He did not even notice my Leia shirt today. He did not, however, appreciate me calling him Ben. My kids thought it was hilarious that he basically menaced me out of the room after that. But if it's not overtly Leia and you don't call attention to it he may not notice. But if he does (and he's a friend with good acting chops) he will probably try to intimidate you.

This has been us - twice. :( When a character is not imposing to meet visually, they need to bring their A game in how they act, verbalizing etc. Without that they are just a guy standing there.

Perhaps they have someone better currently. OUrs today definitely brought the A game.

We met him this past September and we thought he was creepy too. He actually interacted with my son a lot. I wouldn't say he was my favorite character interaction, but that wasn't because he did a bad job. It was just a bit awkward.

14517377_10209056223576197_5852684165418707191_n.jpg

I was a bit of a rebel on my visit to Hollywood studios, and wore my Star Trek shirt. :duck:

Kylo was trying to act all fierce, but then I told him that I knew of a powerful Jedi by the name of Gene Roddenberry, who could bring him over to the light side of the Force. He made a swiping motion with his hand and said "never!" The pictures came out rather comical!

I also happened to be wearing a hat with a wide brim, which in retrospect looking at the pictures, made my short 5' 3" self look rather like some sort of deranged missionary, so that might have added to the effect...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter