Kungaloosh, it's the end my friends...Adventurers Club demolition

I gave up long ago. Inside Out helped me remember there's no joy without sadness.

Marching along we're adventurers.
Singing the song of adventurers.
Up or down.
North south east or west.
An adventurers' life is the best
An adventurers' life is the best!!!!
KUNGALOOSH!!!

Sounds like this should win the Balderdash competition. Really loved Pleasure Island back in the 1990s. Sad that it wasn't more successful by Disney standards.

I only got to go to the AC twice, both times while I was attending conferences at WDW. I still recollect it as one of the most truly immersive Disney experiences I've ever had. I can't think of any other attraction, show or club where one had as much face to face interaction with CMs.

That all stated, I suspect part of the reason for its demise was the fact the unique AC value proposition was an "acquired taste" - people walking in either "got it" or didn't within the first 5 minutes there. Those who liked the fact the club was intended to make you wander and explore became immediate fans; those who equated a club with walk in, sit down and be entertained tended to get confused, then turned around and exited, which may have been why I recall a lot of continual in and out circulation at the entrance to the AC.

Bottom line for me was that the AC was the one truly unique venue on PI. While the other clubs in PI were all good in their own right, you can find similarly themed clubs in just about every major city. However, you could never find anything else like the AC anywhere. That's the greatest shame.

They have sinking bar stools at Trader Sam's at The Disneyland Hotel. So was the adventurer's club over at PI? I remember going there when I was younger ( under age ) and going to some comedy club that I wasnt a fan of but then going right next door to a dance club kinda place and had a blast!

They have sinking bar stools at Trader Sam's at The Disneyland Hotel. So was the adventurer's club over at PI? I remember going there when I was younger ( under age ) and going to some comedy club that I wasnt a fan of but then going right next door to a dance club kinda place and had a blast!

Yes it was over at PI.

We have the sinking bar stools at the Trader Sam's at the Polynesian as well. I love Trader Sam's. It's as close as we are going to get to the Adventurers Club right now. Sad Day to see the building go down. I can still see the wallpaper.

KUNGALOOSH my friends.

I may just be thinking hopefully, but it does not look like they are taking the whole building down.

Maybe the AC could still be coming back in a altered form? Not likely..........but maybe??

AKK

No.

I was told in 2008 by someone close to the project, that it was never coming back. Attendance numbers at PI were not good and AI was toward the bottom. It had a fanatical following, not a good overall following.

No.

I was told in 2008 by someone close to the project, that it was never coming back. Attendance numbers at PI were not good and AI was toward the bottom. It had a fanatical following, not a good overall following.
I honk that was a marketing failure though...it was more by word of mouth that people discovered it.

No.

Sadly I have to agree!

AKK

I gave up long ago. Inside Out helped me remember there's no joy without sadness.

Marching along we're adventurers.
Singing the song of adventurers.
Up or down.
North south east or west.
An adventurers' life is the best
An adventurers' life is the best!!!!
KUNGALOOSH!!!

Well said, skier_pete, well said.

Kungaloosh, friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter