Kualoa Ranch Tours

herrmannpt

Mouseketeer
We will be at Aulani for a week at the beginning of June. We are a family of 4 with an 11 and 8 year old. We're considering doing the Kualoa Ranch ATV Raptor Tour. Has anyone done this before? It looks like the vehicles hold up to 6 people. Would we be able to go ourselves as a party of 4? We'd rather maintain social distancing, which is why we aren't considering the other group tours. There is a one hour option and a 2 hour option. Which would be best for us? Does anyone have recommendations on what time of day to book a tour (morning vs afternoon) as far as traffic, temperature, etc goes? Appreciate any input!

I would call Kualoa Ranch with those questions. When I had lots of questions about our tour, they (human, not robot!) answered right away and were super helpful.

We loved Kualoa Ranch and it was one of our favorite parts of the trip. We were there in January 2020 and we were there first thing in the morning. It was an earlier day for us as we wanted to take a counterclockwise trip around the island and had lots to do after Kualoa Ranch. It started out to be a drizzly/foggy morning but by the time we got there, it was stunningly beautiful.

It has been a while for us since we were there (2012), but it was a highlight of our trip to Hawaii, as well. Definitely call with your questions, as only they can give you the up-to-the-minute scoop. I do highly recommend, even if you think you are only slightly interested.

do they offer single ATVs
Unfortunately, they no longer offer single ATVs. Those single ATVs were a great activity for a family with young adult children because everyone wants to drive. My husband and I will rent a raptor this spring and just split the driving. You don't have to share the vehicle with another party.

We did the raptor tour a few years ago as a family of 4. We had our own raptor. Every group had their own raptor, even the groups of two.

We went last week and did the two hour Raptor tour. It was awesome!! The Raptors can fit up to 6 people.

Attachments

• 25B5A643-DE9C-4980-8293-598046ECC24E.jpeg
    25B5A643-DE9C-4980-8293-598046ECC24E.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 38

Does anyone have any recommendations for the guided tours?
Any guided tour? We did the VIP Movie Tour at Kualoa and loved it. It was 2.5 hours in a 12 passenger van with AC. They showed us nearly every location used in various movies across the property, and they played clips from the movie that showed the setting in the van so we had context. At the time, this tour included extras that the standard bus movie tour didn't include, such as the Indominous Rex pen from Jurassic World. I'm sure the tours have been updated since we were there and I have no idea how its operating in the Covid environment, but I would definitely recommend the tour for any movie buff.

We went last week and did the two hour Raptor tour. It was awesome!! The Raptors can fit up to 6 people.

Did you still stop at any movie locations on this tour, or is it all about the driving..?

Any guided tour? We did the VIP Movie Tour at Kualoa and loved it. It was 2.5 hours in a 12 passenger van with AC. They showed us nearly every location used in various movies across the property, and they played clips from the movie that showed the setting in the van so we had context. At the time, this tour included extras that the standard bus movie tour didn't include, such as the Indominous Rex pen from Jurassic World. I'm sure the tours have been updated since we were there and I have no idea how its operating in the Covid environment, but I would definitely recommend the tour for any movie buff.

I was just wondering about this one, thank you!

I too have some questions regarding the current tours the offer. It seems like they no longer offer a VIP tour. The one where they’d take you around on a van, and show you all the movie and tv spots on property. It looks like they only do a version of that , but it’s on a bus full of people.

Has anyone done the 2 1/2 hr , semi private Jurassic Tour yet? What is it like? Is it worth it not seeing the other non Jurassic spots? Has anyone ever used any discount codes when booking? I noticed the website has the option to enter codes at check out.

Thanks y’all

I too have some questions regarding the current tours the offer. It seems like they no longer offer a VIP tour. The one where they’d take you around on a van, and show you all the movie and tv spots on property. It looks like they only do a version of that , but it’s on a bus full of people.

Has anyone done the 2 1/2 hr , semi private Jurassic Tour yet? What is it like? Is it worth it not seeing the other non Jurassic spots? Has anyone ever used any discount codes when booking? I noticed the website has the option to enter codes at check out.

Thanks y’all
I wound up booking the 2 hour raptor tour for mid April. Apparently each party (in this case, my wife and I) drives their own heavy duty golf cart type vehicle, and you all follow a guide. Sounds like a blast, and in these days healthier than sitting in a semi enclosed bus with a bunch of other people. You also see more valleys and locations that are deeper in the ranch.

I wound up booking the 2 hour raptor tour for mid April. Apparently each party (in this case, my wife and I) drives their own heavy duty golf cart type vehicle, and you all follow a guide. Sounds like a blast, and in these days healthier than sitting in a semi enclosed bus with a bunch of other people. You also see more valleys and locations that are deeper in the ranch.

isn’t there one where you get your own guide though?

Thanks y’all

We did the 2.5 hour Jurassic Adventure tour earlier this week. It was amazing! Our tour guide, Sonny, worked as part of the crew on the two Jurassic World movies filmed at Kualoa and he helped design the tour. He kept us entertained throughout the tour and took family photos for everyone. There were just two families of 4 on our tour. The vehicle was sort of a cross between a truck and a bus. There were 4 rows of padded benches, with 1 bench on each side of the center aisle. We sat in the front row and the other family sat in the back row, with 2 empty rows between us. There was no glass in the "windows," so there was plenty of fresh air and better picture taking. Everyone wore masks, except for picture taking.

The Jurassic movies were the focus of the tour, but Sonny pointed out locations where other movies were filmed as we drove through. We drove through both valleys on this tour, and the scenery was gorgeous. I would have enjoyed the drive even without the film connection. Our daughters (12 & 9) loved being at the locations where some of their favorite movies were filmed. It was a bit like being able to step inside the movies.

This tour and the ziplines at Climb Works were our favorite activities of the trip.

We did the 2.5 hour Jurassic Adventure tour earlier this week. It was amazing! Our tour guide, Sonny, worked as part of the crew on the two Jurassic World movies filmed at Kualoa and he helped design the tour. He kept us entertained throughout the tour and took family photos for everyone. There were just two families of 4 on our tour. The vehicle was sort of a cross between a truck and a bus. There were 4 rows of padded benches, with 1 bench on each side of the center aisle. We sat in the front row and the other family sat in the back row, with 2 empty rows between us. There was no glass in the "windows," so there was plenty of fresh air and better picture taking. Everyone wore masks, except for picture taking.

The Jurassic movies were the focus of the tour, but Sonny pointed out locations where other movies were filmed as we drove through. We drove through both valleys on this tour, and the scenery was gorgeous. I would have enjoyed the drive even without the film connection. Our daughters (12 & 9) loved being at the locations where some of their favorite movies were filmed. It was a bit like being able to step inside the movies.

This tour and the ziplines at Climb Works were our favorite activities of the trip.

Thank you for the reply. I went ahead and booked the tour y’all went on. I’m sure we’ll all enjoy it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter