Kroger Grocery Delivery

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
We tried Kroger for our grocery delivery last week and it was great. They have a delivery only service in Orlando now. We have Kroger at home so I used my regular app and changed the address. The prices are the same we have at home! They texted me that they were running late so delivered an hour past the requested window which was fine with me. They dropped at bell service. It’s a $9.95 delivery fee and they don’t accept/allow tips.

Great to hear! We've never ordered groceries but have an upcoming trip with extended family (including a baby). How does the delivery work? Do you have to meet them? Will Bell Services keep items cold? If so, is that an extra fee? We've never ordered from Kroger, but DH has a Kroger card, and we've shopped there when we're in the Kroger area (HEB has a monopoly in our area). We'll definitely consider this.

Great to hear! We've never ordered groceries but have an upcoming trip with extended family (including a baby). How does the delivery work? Do you have to meet them? Will Bell Services keep items cold? If so, is that an extra fee? We've never ordered from Kroger, but DH has a Kroger card, and we've shopped there when we're in the Kroger area (HEB has a monopoly in our area). We'll definitely consider this.
I put in the delivery notes on the Kroger app to deliver to bell service. (This is where all grocer delivery services go but since Kroger is new and I haven’t seen any reports I wanted to include the instruction). You do not need to be present for delivery but most services will require you are present if ordering alcohol. Bell service will hold and refrigerate any cold items. They only charge if you want them to bring it to your room. I think it’s $5 or $6 charged to the room and we always tip bell service in addition.

Kroger is not even in ORL. Odd set up.
They must purchase goods from other local stores then resell them ?

There TV ads are catchy and cute.

Kroger is not even in ORL. Odd set up.
They must purchase goods from other local stores then resell them ?

There TV ads are catchy and cute.
From what we have read, it’s a delivery only service, they must have a warehouse. You can’t walk in and shop. It would explain how they can keep prices low as well.

I'm glad you had a good experience with Kroger; unfortunately, they were the worst grocery delivery service we've ever used.
We placed a small order (under $50) with alcohol for delivery to Riviera. We waited from 4:45 until 6:15 (5-6PM delivery window), with no communication & no delivery. Around 6:45PM, we saw a Kroger truck, but it never came to the front of the Resort. We waited until after 7PM, then asked Bell Services if they had any ideas. Bell Services was very helpful, & made some calls until they finally found our order - it was delivered to the back of the Resort, where Resort only deliveries go.
To make matters worse, items were missing, & we were overcharged. I called them the next day when they opened, & they were sympathetic, agreeing that there were a lot of mistakes made, & offered a small credit (said they couldn't refund) for the missing items & overcharges.
Btw, the next day we used Walmart for an almost $300 order to the BWVs, & it was a breeze. Driver was prompt (within 5 minutes of the start of the hour window) & courteous, communication was excellent, two items were OOS but replaced with better options (without any upcharge).
There is no way we are ever using Kroger again, so we'll just give up the credit, & use Walmart or Instacart from now on.

We also used Walmart for our last trip, and they were great. Mom and son delivery team, they ran the order up to our room, over $200, with no complaints, for sure they needed the extra income help and we tipped well, Yes , upgraded items, like 5lbs of shredded mozzarella instead of the 2lb package we ordered with no upcharge. We had mozzarella on everything!

We also used Walmart for our last trip, and they were great. Mom and son delivery team, they ran the order up to our room, over $200, with no complaints, for sure they needed the extra income help and we tipped well, Yes , upgraded items, like 5lbs of shredded mozzarella instead of the 2lb package we ordered with no upcharge. We had mozzarella on everything!
Never thought of using Walmart!

I'm glad you had a good experience with Kroger; unfortunately, they were the worst grocery delivery service we've ever used.
We placed a small order (under $50) with alcohol for delivery to Riviera. We waited from 4:45 until 6:15 (5-6PM delivery window), with no communication & no delivery. Around 6:45PM, we saw a Kroger truck, but it never came to the front of the Resort. We waited until after 7PM, then asked Bell Services if they had any ideas. Bell Services was very helpful, & made some calls until they finally found our order - it was delivered to the back of the Resort, where Resort only deliveries go.
To make matters worse, items were missing, & we were overcharged. I called them the next day when they opened, & they were sympathetic, agreeing that there were a lot of mistakes made, & offered a small credit (said they couldn't refund) for the missing items & overcharges.
Btw, the next day we used Walmart for an almost $300 order to the BWVs, & it was a breeze. Driver was prompt (within 5 minutes of the start of the hour window) & courteous, communication was excellent, two items were OOS but replaced with better options (without any upcharge).
There is no way we are ever using Kroger again, so we'll just give up the credit, & use Walmart or Instacart from now on.
Yuck that’s an awful experience. Hopefully they correct the issues so others don’t have the same experience.

Is there a thread (yes, I have searched) that explains how you should complete the delivery instructions for a Walmart delivery?

Is there a thread (yes, I have searched) that explains how you should complete the delivery instructions for a Walmart delivery?
I would like to see that, too! My Walmart delivery to Riviera was a fiasco. My driver also went somewhere other than the front, and said the order was undeliverable. After I got emails saying they would try again the next day, I got a call from Bell Services saying there was a driver out front looking for me. I also had issues with a next day delivery from WalMart at Boardwalk. It was received via FedEx one day, but went to some type of clearing house before making it's way to me the following day.

We're going to try using Kroger for our Oct. trip.
Have used Amazon lately and others before that.

How far ahead can you place an order?

I am so happy about this. It helps out. When we went to Publix in January and the grocery prices were a lot more than i usually pay. I also work for Kroger so I can get that employee discount as well.

If anyone has had experience with delivering to SSR, I will be there in January so seeing if it would be better to do bell services. Do you have to pay them the $6 as well?

We are from Cincinnati where Kroger is king. I think we might try them in November, I noticed they carry beer and wine. We have liquor in our owner's locker so that should be good for us.

We have had excellent service with Instacart. Will continue with them. Thanks for all the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter