Kroger delivery. Anyone used it?

bobtrombone

Earning My Ears
I see that a LOT of people recommend Walmart delivery, but I've heard a lot recently about Kroger delivery, with some nice incentives for your first two orders. Has anyone had experience with them? How did it go?

I have used Kroger delivery since I have Kroger boost that I use at home. I have used them twice now and haven’t had any issues. It’s great to take advantage of the service that I use at home all the time

I believe they have a distribution center near Orlando - I think I read that here several months ago. Maybe they bought someone out?
Not buying someone out but competing with Publix in Florida. Kroger has a 375,000-square-foot building in Groveland, Florida. They also have more around Florida including Miami.

Here is a great story about how and why Kroger is taking on Publix with automated Distribution Centers and Fulfillment Centers.

The CEO of Kroger got tired of seeing a Publix billboard that Instacart put up outside Kroger HQ. They want to be the Amazon of Grocery delivery.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/kro...a-without-opening-a-single-grocery-store.html

Dave

Not buying someone out but competing with Publix in Florida. Kroger has a 375,000-square-foot building in Groveland, Florida. They also have more around Florida including Miami.

Here is a great story about how and why Kroger is taking on Publix with automated Distribution Centers and Fulfillment Centers.

The CEO of Kroger got tired of seeing a Publix billboard that Instacart put up outside Kroger HQ. They want to be the Amazon of Grocery delivery.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/04/kro...a-without-opening-a-single-grocery-store.html

Dave
Thanks. Kroger is our store at home, but for WDW it’s Publix. We don’t do delivery, so I guess we’ll stick with Publix for now.

I believe they have a distribution center near Orlando - I think I read that here several months ago. Maybe they bought someone out?

Dave
Check this link for a list of market areas in Florida that Kroger provides delivery via Instacart. To narrow the list just enter a Zip code. They deliver to the Swan & Dolphin Zip code: 32830

https://www.kroger.com/rp/grocery-delivery?selectedState=FL

Dave
So no stores just food delivery ... interesting. I mean I know our Kroger does tons of pickup and I'm seeing their delivery trucks a lot now. I know folks who don't want to shop in person any more so I suppose it would be an alternative market to grow in.

My question is what will their pricing be? Will it be pricing like my Kroger at home or will it be Florida pricing?? Right now when we head to FL house we fill the car with groceries and avoid shopping too much due to higher prices. Last trip over holidays I made DH go to ALDI and showed him the prices were more like home. But if Kroger were competitive I'd be open to delivery.

So no stores just food delivery ... interesting. I mean I know our Kroger does tons of pickup and I'm seeing their delivery trucks a lot now. I know folks who don't want to shop in person any more so I suppose it would be an alternative market to grow in.

My question is what will their pricing be? Will it be pricing like my Kroger at home or will it be Florida pricing?? Right now when we head to FL house we fill the car with groceries and avoid shopping too much due to higher prices. Last trip over holidays I made DH go to ALDI and showed him the prices were more like home. But if Kroger were competitive I'd be open to delivery.
Can’t you just look online as if you were doing an order in FL to see the prices?

Can’t you just look online as if you were doing an order in FL to see the prices?
I went on my app and compared a few things at my primary home Kroger and at my FL home.

Everything on sale was the same price although their full price was a bit higher in FL. Like "coffee" DH drinks was a dollar more in FL. Most items were within 20 cents. That has not been our experience at the Publix and Winn Dixies in FL .... SO perhaps Kroger has found the way into the market. Eliminate the brick and mortar and keep the prices the same as other states. But they'll need volume to make it profitable ... guess we'll see. On my app it said that delivery will come via Instacart or Kroger delivery.

I have always wondered and continue to do so .... how are these delivery companies profitable?

Last edited:
I've placed an order for this Saturday delivery at my resort. I found the prices to be comparable. I do prefer Publix over Kroger. By doing a trial of the Boost membership, it saved me the delivery fees. We'll see how the experience is when they deliver.

I just spent a couple hours putting together my shopping list, for 15 people, multiple rooms. When I went to check out i got an error message. After calling the help line I was told that my credit card billing address state had to be the same as my delivery state?

Anyone had this?
Or HELP what am I doing wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter