Kristin & Geoff's Wishes PJ - 4/6/2014 - WP/ADH/Isola - Final details, part 1!

I really love your invitations - they look so fun! :) And they look really different from most others that I've seen. Sounds like things are coming along pretty quickly for you. :D

I'm so excited you posted about your planning session, it looks like you ate really well and got your floral plans nailed down. I think everything will be really pretty.

Have you decided on a cake topper? Have you seen the cakes with just the curly silver things on top? Those are fun. Or the little ear hats are also fun. I think the way you've described your cake, it will be really cute and fun...and DELICIOUS!!!

Your invitations turned out GREAT.

Thank you for sharing!
Brooke

Hello ladies! Long time no post. I'll make a few shorter posts over the next few days since life's been super busy lately.

Latest DIY stuff has been working on signs for the wedding! I made them all in InDesign and will have them printed off sometime in the next few weeks. :)

(For some reason these seem to have compressed badly - so just assume they're nice and crisp, okay? ;))

unplugged.jpg

First up is the unplugged ceremony sign. We may put something in the programs too, not sure, but this will be at the entrance to the WP. We really like unplugged ceremonies and think it lets guests just enjoy being at the wedding, vs taking a bajillion photos. The reception won't be unplugged though. :) For reasons why unplugged is a good choice to look into, look here!

programsFront.jpg
programsBack.jpg

Front of program / back of program! The wording is just a rough draft since we still need to go over the ceremony order with our officiant.

openSeating.jpg

This will be somewhere in ADH, I assume at the entrance. We're doing open seating (obviously haha!).

barSign.jpg

Beverage sign for our mocktails and the rest of the "bar".

The only other sign I need to do is a guestbook table sign, and a sign with our Wedding Party code/Instagram hashtag for the reception.

I tried going with a retro vibe and made everything from scratch. We're incorporating some subtle-ish hints of Bioshock (one of our favorite video games!) into the wedding since it fits our retro theme and our art deco reception venue. Our touches are the "Would you kindly"s sprinkled around (it's a huge part of the game, but I won't spoil why!), as well as the beverage sign - Mr. Bubbles is the nickname the Little Sisters give the iconic Big Daddies in the game - Google Bioshock and you see these fellas:

meh3.jpg

Hence that little helmet by the head. And the Fitzroy is named after Daisy Fitzroy, one of the characters in Bioshock Infinite (and hence the daisy by her name).

Can you feel the geek? :thumbsup2

I'm so excited you posted about your planning session, it looks like you ate really well and got your floral plans nailed down. I think everything will be really pretty.

Have you decided on a cake topper? Have you seen the cakes with just the curly silver things on top? Those are fun. Or the little ear hats are also fun. I think the way you've described your cake, it will be really cute and fun...and DELICIOUS!!!

Your invitations turned out GREAT.

Thank you for sharing!
Brooke

Thank you! Yes, the floral sounds like it's going to be amazing! Elizabeth was a lot of fun to work with.

We're HOPING to make little sewn birds like the ones on our RSVP. In lieu of that, probably getting some sort of lovebird caketopper. :)

I really love your invitations - they look so fun! :) And they look really different from most others that I've seen. Sounds like things are coming along pretty quickly for you. :D

They are! And thank you, Lyss did an amazing job. :)

I adore your invites! My MOH is also a graphic designer so she's making all our paper goods, very exciting. I love how simple yours came out! It invokes such a great casual but eventful feeling! Love the colors too :)

Thank you!! I love them too!

Hey Kristin!

I just caught up on your pj. I absolutely loved your engagement story and the pictures look like could be in a magazine. I can't wait to read more as your day gets closer and closer

Those signs are awesome! I especially like the one regarding open seating, I know when I get to a ceremony my first thought tends to be 'which side am I supposed to be on?! Argh what row? Maybe I should stand at the back, they might have 90 siblings I've never met'. You've spelled it all out with a nice sentiment too, really well done. Also I've learned something about unplugged ceremonies now so thanks for that! I'll be suggesting it to my bride.

Oh & it's not often you are scrolling down a PJ & see a Big Daddy. People who get the references are gonna get such a kick out of that, anyone who misses it will be none the wiser because they stand so well on their own, so good.

Alright, ordered some floral!

I DIY'd my bridesmaids bouquets, and will post photos when I'm done. Just gonna finish wrapping the stems. The groomsmen aren't wearing any floral, they're using pocket squares.

I didn't want to DIY my own bouquet, and looking at DIY corsages/bouts just got confusing, so I just bit the bullet and got those. We're using faux flowers, but natural touch (the very realistic looking faux flowers). For the DIY bouquets (those'll be in another post) I used Hobby Lobby, for the ones I'm posted here I purchased from Wedideas.com. All the floral is being made so these are their website photos for now.

First up, my bouquet!

bouquetMine.jpg

This bouquet is NOTHING like what I thought I'd want. Funny thing is, I really didn't think I was going to go for orchids. I was all about the peonies. And while I LOVE pink flowers, pink isn't in our color scheme at all.

Then I saw this beauty (white and pink roses, white and pink orchids), feel head over heels for the orchids and finally was like to heck with it, I like this, I'm gettin' it! :3 I'm so excited - I tend to overthink "what will other people like" and for this, I totally got what I wanted. Super excited!!!

So, onto parents' flowers.

For my Mom, I got a rose/orchid wrist corsage:

corsageMom.jpg

Except the rose will be white, and the orchid will be pink. It'll have a "pearl" wristband like so:

corsageBand.jpg

And have baby's breath as a filler.

Then for Dad's, to match hers, I have this boutonniere:

boutDad.jpg

However, it will be a white rose and have a white orchid added onto it. For a filler, I chose looped grass, which you can see at the back of this bout:

boutLoopGrass.jpg

Figured it was a nice, nonfluffy filler. :)

Then for Geoff's parents, I didn't want to be all matchy-matchy (why do that when you can have variety?!) but still wanted a tie in with my wedding flowers...so I decided the orchids (cause I love them so muuuch) would be the common theme.

So for Geoff's mom I got this corsage:

corsageGeoffMom.jpg

Except a white lily, pink orchid, and the same filler (baby's breath) and pearl wrist band as my Mom's. I love how the orchid ties everything together but the lily adds some variety.

boutLoopGrass.jpg

And his Dad's bout, but with the orchid everyone else has in white (I can't remember the name, but there's two types of orchids and we're using the other kind haha).

So that's it! Super excited, they should be here around mid March. :banana:

I really love all the floral you ended up choosing - it's so pretty! That may be because I like all of the flowers you went with though. It's fun that you decided to change things up for everyone, since normally everyone pretty much ends up with the same thing. Hope you decide to put up some pics when they come in - it'll be nice to see how they look with the modifications you mentioned. :goodvibes

It feels like time is going so fast. :Pinkbounc

I love your invitations! We're waffling back and forth on ADH in favor of a restaurant brunch reception, but your PJ just might sway me! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more.

Long time no updates!! Things are wrapping up quickly - we are 5 days away!! :)

So here's some of the details we have going!! We ended up realizing there was an awkward gap between our reception and dessert party, so we now have extended the reception. Now, our ceremony begins at 12, our reception starts at 1:15, and goes until 7:15. Then, guests can either walk to Italy Isola or take a bus backstage to there, and our DP will finish up right after the fireworks. So excited! :) It's a slightly longer reception than usual, so I hope people stay entertained, but it was that or have over 100 people wandering around for an hour and a half (most of whom have never been to Disney). If it rained, especially, that would be awkward turtle.

So here are some updates!

* Hair/makeup trial: Had my hair and makeup trial with Patricia LeJeune. I CANNOT recommend her highly enough!!! My hair and makup looks amazing. I don't want to post photos in case Geoff stumbles across...but I am thrilled to use them for the wedding day.

* But I can post a photo of my hair pins! I wanted something simple, and fell in love with these. They're rose gold colored, which matches my wedding band. I got it from Like2Accessorize on Etsy.

il_570xN548786191_614l.jpg

* We wrote our vows in a vow book. Super excited to read his...he wrote his in first and it was hard not to peek, but I was good! :) From Lorgie on Etsy.

11c290ca9a9211e39f7512f604582c7b_8.jpg

* We got all our gifts!

(Hopefully any family/friends that may stumble across this stop reading! ;))

Geoff's gifts are already known to his groomsmen - he's getting them the chuck taylors that they'll be wearing as part of their wedding outfit.

For my bridesmaids, I went a bit gift crazy...I got them all different clutches in our wedding colors, and inside each is a handmade lip balm and fragrance that I felt matched their personalities. Then I'm covering their hair and makeup, and on the morning of the wedding when they come to the room there will be kimono-style robes for all of them to get ready in (as well as one for me and my Mom).

Our parents we got gifts, but since I know they know about Disboards, I will keep that hush hush for now! ;)

Their clutches (from Vanijja on Etsy):
ED15B7F9-3CAF-43A1-82DB-0525D6301F21.jpg

Their scents/lip balms (from orangethyme on Etsy):
93A53493-6790-4408-A79B-E997E7AC1CB3.jpg

FF7A1116-7A17-4915-A4D9-37426221ED00.jpg

* Finished up the bridesmaid bouquets! I'm so glad that I didn't DIY corsages/bouts/my bouquet, these were enough! But I like how they turned out. :)

All the BMs have the multicolor pins like so:
3EC40927-3EC6-4909-B794-A6ADF8DFE264.jpg

And then my MOH has red ribbon and white pins:
CBF014F2-52C3-4FFA-A29C-F38B2680122B.jpg

All flower supplies from Hobby Lobby.

* Favors are done! Geoff's aunt was kind enough to make chocolate and white chocolate Mickey pops, so we're having those as well as salt water taffy (appropriate for ADH)! I boxed up the salt water taffy in three colors of boxes - blue, aqua, and a pale mint.

2C7EE4E0-101B-4AED-B3F4-87B9B8868CCC.jpg

Yum! Each box held about 6 pieces of taffy. Boxes from Oriental Trading Company, taffy from Amazon!

More updates coming tomorrow or Thursday - can't believe it's coming up so soon!! :)

I really love all the floral you ended up choosing - it's so pretty! That may be because I like all of the flowers you went with though. It's fun that you decided to change things up for everyone, since normally everyone pretty much ends up with the same thing. Hope you decide to put up some pics when they come in - it'll be nice to see how they look with the modifications you mentioned. :goodvibes

It feels like time is going so fast. :Pinkbounc

Thank you!! I'll definitely be posting pics in the next day or so! :)

I love your invitations! We're waffling back and forth on ADH in favor of a restaurant brunch reception, but your PJ just might sway me! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more.

Do an ADH brunch reception! It's SO beautiful, especially in the daytime - the light coming through all the windows is STUNNING!

Wow, I can't believe you're only 5 (4 now) days away! Love the hair pins and the stuff you guys got for your bridal party, and the vow book is really cool. :) And I always see people rave about Patricia, I'm just sad that I won't be able to use her, since it'll just be me needing hair/makeup on the wedding day. Oh well.

By the way, I just looked at a couple of your (slightly) older posts - may I say that the Fitzroy sounds delicious?

So happy for you, I'm sure you're both super excited! :goodvibes:jumping1:

I said so in the Facebook group, but HAPPY WEDDING DAY!!!!!!! Can't wait to see your pictures, hope you two are enjoying your first hours of MARRIED LIFE!!!

Congratulations! Really enjoyed listening to your episode of the Disney Wedding Podcast, looking forward to your trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter