Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

OH! I just learned of this - his mom told Sarah (Jeffrey's girlfriend) that once I have kids, all of my health issues will go away. Really? I didn't know childbirth was a cure for fibromyalgia. How has the medical world not realized this? Oy vey!)

Love the TR so far!!

You look great, the dress looks faboo on you and I can't wait to see more pics!

Also, oddly enough, my friend has Fibromyalgia and she has been virtually symptom free since the birth of her child 2 years ago. Super weird right? She was a "high risk pregnancy" and her Dr (OB/GYN) told her that he's had a few cases where that's happened. Usually more mild Fibro cases, but still...weird.

I am anxiously awaiting both your pictures & mine! You look gorgeous & can't wait to see all the professional pics!!! :goodvibes *sigh of relief* Good thing that phone call wasn't emergency life-threatening :lmao: You had me on edge! How long are our pics gunna take?!?!

P.S.: Back in nursing school we talked about fibro/depression/chronic pains & childbirth wherein childbirth "cures" (or lessens) the severity of the above. Has to do with the nervous system changing and the hormones helping in balancing them with pregnancy and childbirth etc.. (it also works opposite too, ex.- postpartum depression). Obviously not in all cases and I am not expert lol Thought I'd give a tid-bit.. ;) Stick to Lyrica & managing the pain, I say!

-Gahh!!! That’s crazy about the 3am phone call! Although, I do think it’s sweet that she was going to sleep in her car.
-Holy party in Kristen’s room!
-Awww you look sooooo beauty-ful and happy!!!
-I love Vicky’s dress.
-How did the first look go?
-Actually, childbirth can also cause diseases to take hold. My aunt has childbirth induced arthritis like woah. (It’s rare, but it happens!) Fun fact.

Okay, you look GORGEOUS in your dress, first of all! Love it!

UGH, 3am?! I'd be kinda irritated, lol.

David knows whats up with the travelling by limo thing.. holla!!

I WANT MORE TR. WAKE UP. :love:

Ok so I just caught up.

* I will not comment on day 1 because...well...there is no need to you already know everything. :)

* 3am..awesome! J/k
* Can't wait for the first look pictures
* You gave me a great idea send away family from the resort together!
* Bridal party and bride and groom after!!!
* You look gorgeous
* Magic child birth...who knew?

I can not wait for more!!!

Teresa

You look beautiful in your dress! I can't wait to see Doug's reaction.

Childbirth is a cure for fibromyalgia, eating carrots will help you see in the dark, and if you swallow gum it take seven years for your body to digest it. I thought we all knew these things? :confused3

Twin, I love the dress!! You are so pretty!! I love the blue color too and yay the flower girl dress was finished!! Everything looks great! 3am?? Damn. So she just wanted get in to sleep and she used your name to get in? I guess at least you didn't mind. Hahaha I'm excited to see your day progress!! :))

Kristen!
I have just caught up and am desperately waiting for the next installment!!!
You are GORGEOUS! I loved Randys pics!
I'm sorry about your first day, how stressful and how rude about the cigarettes! :-(
3am?! :scared1: so not cool!
I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

You look so pretty!! I love your dress and it looks terrific on you and with the dresses your girls are wearing.

I can't believe you can look that terrific on 2 hours of sleep!!!! That's magical!! 3 am. I think I would have KILLED her. Understandable, but sheesh!!! Of course, it's not like you were going to be able to sleep much beyond that anyways probably....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!

And can't wait to see the professional pics!!

Brooke

Love the TR so far!!

You look great, the dress looks faboo on you and I can't wait to see more pics!

Also, oddly enough, my friend has Fibromyalgia and she has been virtually symptom free since the birth of her child 2 years ago. Super weird right? She was a "high risk pregnancy" and her Dr (OB/GYN) told her that he's had a few cases where that's happened. Usually more mild Fibro cases, but still...weird.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I know that hormones and what not can effect the body and all, but I'm certainly not expecting to be miraculously cured! In fact, I fully expect that life's going to be pretty challenging at times. I just think it's silly to think that it'll cure me. :confused3

DisneyEverAfter said:
I am anxiously awaiting both your pictures & mine! You look gorgeous & can't wait to see all the professional pics!!! *sigh of relief* Good thing that phone call wasn't emergency life-threatening You had me on edge! How long are our pics gunna take?!?!

P.S.: Back in nursing school we talked about fibro/depression/chronic pains & childbirth wherein childbirth "cures" (or lessens) the severity of the above. Has to do with the nervous system changing and the hormones helping in balancing them with pregnancy and childbirth etc.. (it also works opposite too, ex.- postpartum depression). Obviously not in all cases and I am not expert lol Thought I'd give a tid-bit.. Stick to Lyrica & managing the pain, I say!

*sigh* UPS just stopped near the house... and went across the street! *pout* Maybe next week! Some sort of "we liked you so much, we're sending the discs out early!" thing. (Ever the optimist in some things, right?)

Hey, I'll keep that in the back of my mind, but I don't expect anything to change, outside of my weight and shape. :rotfl2:

DoomBuggy0922 said:
-Gahh!!! That’s crazy about the 3am phone call! Although, I do think it’s sweet that she was going to sleep in her car.
-Holy party in Kristen’s room!
-Awww you look sooooo beauty-ful and happy!!!
-I love Vicky’s dress.
-How did the first look go?
-Actually, childbirth can also cause diseases to take hold. My aunt has childbirth induced arthritis like woah. (It’s rare, but it happens!) Fun fact.

-Rosie apologized profusely for the guy calling. She said they usually just let her go through, but this guy insisted on calling. At least I got SOME sleep before that happened. ;)
-Aww, thank you! :goodvibes
-It went really well. Other than three random people sitting on a bench, it was pretty much just us and Randy. There's one photo of it that Randy posted... and Doug doesn't like it. He feels like he looks ridiculous. Silly boy. I keep telling him, "We're going to have likely 2000+ pictures to go through; these are just a preview!" (To be fair, there are a few of myself that he posted that I think I look terrible in. But I knew that going in; I'm always harsh on myself lol)

MrsDuck said:
Okay, you look GORGEOUS in your dress, first of all! Love it!

UGH, 3am?! I'd be kinda irritated, lol.

David knows whats up with the travelling by limo thing.. holla!!

I WANT MORE TR. WAKE UP.

Thank you! :goodvibes

I think I was more irritated at the guy in the booth than Rosie. He called AGAIN on the Monday morning. :crazy2:

David's seriously like 5 going on 60. He and his sister crack me up.

Aww, you know my general life routine at the moment! :lmao: I was going to update yesterday, but I was determined to finish a book before heading to the library. Between that and the February Disbride trip conversations, I got like nothing done yesterday. But at least I had fun!

Icecoldpenguin said:
Ok so I just caught up.

* I will not comment on day 1 because...well...there is no need to you already know everything.

* 3am..awesome! J/k
* Can't wait for the first look pictures
* You gave me a great idea send away family from the resort together!
* Bridal party and bride and groom after!!!
* You look gorgeous
* Magic child birth...who knew?

I can not wait for more!!!

Teresa

LOL Glad I could help! I knew from the very beginning that my mom would drive me nuts that morning, so a character breakfast was the way to go.

Thank you!

I wonder if child birth will also magically give me lots of money, too? :rotfl2:

MrsDrewsky said:
You look beautiful in your dress! I can't wait to see Doug's reaction.

Childbirth is a cure for fibromyalgia, eating carrots will help you see in the dark, and if you swallow gum it take seven years for your body to digest it. I thought we all knew these things? :confused3

Aww, thank you! :goodvibes There's only one pic in the previews of his reaction, so I'll definitely be posting that today.

I was always bitter as a kid about the whole carrots/eyesight thing. My vision's been terrible since I was 12, and I ate carrots all the freakin' time! ;)

tric8783 said:
Twin, I love the dress!! You are so pretty!! I love the blue color too and yay the flower girl dress was finished!! Everything looks great! 3am?? Damn. So she just wanted get in to sleep and she used your name to get in? I guess at least you didn't mind. Hahaha I'm excited to see your day progress!! :))

Thanks, twin! At this point, that morning's so blurry (at least that time of the morning!), I don't even know. The extra sleep certainly would've been nice, but oh well. Adrenaline and excitement kept me going until like 11pm. If all goes well, I'll finish the rest of the wedding day part today!

DisneyBrideCKB said:
Kristen!
I have just caught up and am desperately waiting for the next installment!!!
You are GORGEOUS! I loved Randys pics!
I'm sorry about your first day, how stressful and how rude about the cigarettes! :-(
3am?! so not cool!
I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

Thank you! :goodvibes The wait will only be a little bit longer, my dear! (Barring any unforeseen complications, I'll be updating after I take a shower!)

virtuous girl said:
Cute pics! :lovestruc

Thanks! :goodvibes

Bewitch324 said:
You look so pretty!! I love your dress and it looks terrific on you and with the dresses your girls are wearing.

I can't believe you can look that terrific on 2 hours of sleep!!!! That's magical!! 3 am. I think I would have KILLED her. Understandable, but sheesh!!! Of course, it's not like you were going to be able to sleep much beyond that anyways probably....

Can't wait to hear more!!!!

And can't wait to see the professional pics!!

Brooke

Thank you so much! I think I need to have you girls around all the time - you're great for the self-esteem! ;)

(And seeing as I took the sleep-inducing pills at 1am, I SO could've slept for longer! :rotfl2: Ah well, what's done is done. And for not looking completely terrible on the lack of sleep, we can attribute that to Rosie) :goodvibes

---------
Alright, the rest of the wedding day, including the pics that Randy posted WILL be done this afternoon! :cool1:

And I'm back!

So, those of you on the FB group may have seen these already, but Randy blogged our preview pics two nights ago! :banana: :dance3: I think my mouth was wide open in shock for a good 45 seconds or so. And then I posted the link to the group before I even looked at that. (I was waiting for Doug, and he was in the other room) But I had to share my excitement! :rotfl:

I'll post the photos that were taken before we left off now, and then the rest will go in the correct order with the rest of the day. :goodvibes

The rings inside the book box...
disboards01.jpg

Our one first look pic...
disboards02.jpg

(I have to add - I love how my hair looks from behind! Also, Doug doesn't like this picture at all; he feels like he looks ridiculous. I keep telling him there'll be plenty more pictures)

We did some more pictures around CBR...
disboards03.jpg

Yay, no ice and vending sign visible! :lmao:
disboards04.jpg

Alright, on with the day!

We get out of the limo and head up the walkway to the covered area between the Bride's Vestibule and the Pavilion. We meet Rev. Tim, who explains briefly how the ceremony will go, asks what we want to be called when he says our names, etc. He takes a couple of pictures of us, which were the first weddingy pics we saw actually...

DSCN0759.jpg

DSCN0761.jpg

We make our way into the Pavilion's...lobby? (For lack of a better word LOL), where Karen explains the order of things. The only thing I really remember of this is her telling David and Kenzie that they'll be playing Follow the Leader after Vicky.

Music starts, and I have a moment of complete bafflement before I realize "Wait. That's the 'Imperial March'. And holy moly, that sounds so 'Phantom of the Opera'-y on the organ!" So, off go Rev. Tim, Doug, Adam, and Seth. (Seriously, it sounded so awesome, I didn't want it to end. We've already decided it'll be in the 10 year vow renewal, so that we can have it recorded)

Then it's the beginning notes of 'Beauty and the Beast' (which sounded so beautiful. I love this song so much) Vicky, David, and Kenzie make their entrance. (Kenzie didn't want to part with her flower petals, I guess? LOL)

They get to the front, and the bells start tolling. Karen asks if I'm ready. "Yep. Wait! I have an itch in my eye! Okay. No, wait, it's still there! Okay. I'm really ready now." :rotfl:

I hear the start of 'When You Wish Upon A Star' and I get goosebumps and am trying to not be all teary. I don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but my dad's been on chemo off and on for eight years now. And for most of that time, I've been telling him that he WILL be fine because he has to walk me down the aisle for my wedding. (And hold his grandchildren. Because I said so.) So, I definitely had that on my mind. Also, for years and years, I'd always wish on the first star that I saw, and my most common wish was "to be happy." The previous relationship that I'd be in had been an abusive one (in every sense of the word, unfortunately), so that wish definitely took on more meaning during that dark time.

And now, here I was, about to get married to this incredible man, that loves me and treats me well. I'm going to get teary again, just typing this up. Whew. Deep breaths, Kristen!

My dad and I start going down the aisle. And I know that I had just seen Doug a few minutes prior, but I totally had butterflies seeing him up there. His mom got a picture...

disboards05.jpg

(Nearly all of the pictures she took are really blurry, but I do like this one)

You know how everyone says the ceremony flies by? Oh, yes. That it did!

We do have this one pic so far from Randy from during the ceremony...

wedding14.jpg

(I'm guessing it's towards the end, since Vicky has my bouquet. And Kenzie's basket LOL)

We did the sand ceremony (with 'Once Upon A Dream' in the background) and I kept giggling, because I kept spilling sand everywhere. And I really should've discussed with Doug AHEAD OF TIME how I wanted to alternate colors, not while we were up there doing it. :lmao:

We're back in front of the Rev. Tim. I had found (possibly on here? It's been so long I can't remember) words that I wanted included, and I remember during the ceremony being concerned, because I hadn't heard them at that point. But thankfully, they finally happened...

"These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever.

These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future.

These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other.

These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one.

These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

Bless these hands that you see before you this day.
May they always reach out with love, gentleness, and respect.
May they build a loving relationship that lasts a lifetime.
May they always be held by one another.
If you follow these words and heed this sacred binding,
your hands will heal, protect, shelter, and guide."

Followed by the vows -

"All that I am and all that I have, / All that I've been and all that I shall be, / I share with you from this day forward. / I promise to love you / and stand beside you, / in the only way I know how, / completely and for eternity."

(Rings are next, right? LOL Seriously, it went by so fast, I've already forgotten the order of events. Yet I can still tell you what I ate at each restaurant!)

Rev. Tim had me take off my engagement ring, so that the wedding band would go first. Um. Well, that was fun. You know how heat and humidity causes swelling? Eeps! Thankfully, both made it back on, as did Doug's (which some of you might remember that his didn't fit for a few weeks before the wedding)

We're doing the rest of the vows, the more traditional ones, with the "do you take...", and not even thinking about actually saying "I do", answered with "of course!" Doug did the same, so, hey, it looks like we planned it that way! :goodvibes

Next thing I know, "you may kiss your bride!"

pixiedust:

Some after-wedding photography... these are like the only ones that Doug's mom took that aren't super duper blurry (but hey, at least they came out. My aunt and uncle used a disposable camera, and I think they forgot to put the flash on :confused3)

disboards07.jpg

disboards06.jpg

(Kenzie really liked twirling in her dress :goodvibes)

Onto Randy's pictures!

disboards10.jpg

disboards11.jpg

(Where you can see the sand that I spilled LOL)

tomakeprofile.jpg

wedding01.jpg

(Thankfully it doesn't show in the pictures, but I was terrified near that arch. I wanted the pictures, but didn't realize beforehand that the flowers are honeysuckle. Which I love, but so does my mortal enemy - bees! Randy told me that if one got too close, I could just make a run for it and he'd understand :rotfl2:)

wedding02.jpg

wedding03.jpg

wedding04.jpg

Doug and I got the limo to ourselves for the brief ride over to the GF. Air conditioning, bare feet, and time with just Doug? Absolutely blissful.

We get to GF, and are in... I have no idea which room. Obviously a small one, I know that much, but I can't recall the name. Hopefully Randy got a picture (I know he saved the Crossley/Niles paper for me).

He did post this picture on Facebook shortly after the cake and champagne...

wedding15.jpg

And from Doug's mom... (at least these came out clear ;))

disboards08.jpg

disboards09.jpg

Doug and I get in there, and Karen explains the cake cutting and everything that will happen. Seth gave a brief toast (to which he didn't prepare for. I remember telling him to keep it clean, though, since there was family there)

We cut the cake without incident (woohoo!) and I tell Doug, "If you shmoosh that in my face, I will kill you." :lmao: And since he's still alive, obviously he didn't do any cake-shmooshing.

I think we got to sit down for about ten-fifteen minutes or so, enjoying the bottom layer of cake (yellow cake with chocolate mousse) before Karen came over to us and said that if we wanted to keep the limo on schedule, we'd need to head over to the Boardwalk then, so that the limo could take everyone else back.

So, off we go to the Boardwalk. Where, I swear, it felt even hotter. (Or maybe it was because we had that brief time in the a/c ;)) (It did wind up being the hottest day of our entire week there. And poor Doug, in three layers!)

I felt like such a celebrity, having everyone say congratulations and what not. One little girl, who also took pictures of us, said I looked just like a princess. :goodvibes

wedding05.jpg

wedding06.jpg

wedding07.jpg

wedding08.jpg

wedding09.jpg

(I love this one!)
wedding10.jpg

wedding11.jpg

wedding12.jpg

(Thank you, Sarah, for pointing out how the flowers match the sky! :rotfl:)

We finished up with Randy at 2:30 and enjoyed another peaceful limo ride back to CBR, where we got changed into our Bride and Groom shirts and headed over to Epcot!

I love your day so far, twin! I like how you said it felt even hotter on the Boardwalk. Around 5PM I could feel beads of sweat dripping down my back :( why oh why Florida did you have to be like 120 degrees that day. lol
I love the wording about the hands you used in your ceremony!! I wish I had seen them too, we wouldve used it! I used another I found on here that one bride used first (dont remember her name and it was before i really used the boards) and Michelle used them too - this ultimately made me switch to Rev Jack. I'll post them when I get there in my PJ ;)

The pictures are so so pretty, and you got a bunch we didnt get even thoguh we got married at BW, (that i know of anyway haha). too funny! Your day seems pretty great so far!! I also love there is a picture of the spilt sand on the alter. You will always be able to look back and laugh when you see that picture ;) Small details can really make all the difference!

yay! pixiedust:

Okay, few things...

Reading about your moments before you walked down the aisle made me tear up! And your vows too!! I am so happy that you are happy and it is very obvious that you and Doug have a very unselfish love for each other. Sometimes when you get a second chance you appreciate it more. I got a second chance too and it's almost like the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

So things started off a little rocky, but your wedding day was down right magical. Your photos are so beautiful and you definitely looked like a princess. I am anxiously waiting for more, it makes me that much more excited for my own day; just a short 7 months and 3 weeks away. :lmao:

So glad you have your pics <3 I was showing Nyx them & he reeeeally liked a couple of them! He also says he likes Doug's goatee! LOL But I'm also super jealous as I still don't have our pics =( Dd you get yours in the mail yet? No sign of ours =\ I'm waiting to start my wedding day TR & am super delayed because I have no pics! lol

I love your day so far, twin! I like how you said it felt even hotter on the Boardwalk. Around 5PM I could feel beads of sweat dripping down my back :( why oh why Florida did you have to be like 120 degrees that day. lol
I love the wording about the hands you used in your ceremony!! I wish I had seen them too, we wouldve used it! I used another I found on here that one bride used first (dont remember her name and it was before i really used the boards) and Michelle used them too - this ultimately made me switch to Rev Jack. I'll post them when I get there in my PJ ;)

The pictures are so so pretty, and you got a bunch we didnt get even thoguh we got married at BW, (that i know of anyway haha). too funny! Your day seems pretty great so far!! I also love there is a picture of the spilt sand on the alter. You will always be able to look back and laugh when you see that picture ;) Small details can really make all the difference!

yay! pixiedust:

I've already informed Doug that we're doing the ten-year vow renewal on the date I originally wanted, March 5th, which is when we started going out. No more FL in the summer months! :lmao:

I do like the ones that show the spilled sand. We got our discs in the other day, and there's a great one of the sand ceremony with me laughing and Doug has this expression of "Oh, Kristen" and mentally patting me on the head. :rotfl: It cracks me up, because it's absolutely perfect. I'll post those next.

Speaking of updating TRs.... impatient minds are impatient, twin! ;)

nic10038 said:
Okay, few things...

Reading about your moments before you walked down the aisle made me tear up! And your vows too!! I am so happy that you are happy and it is very obvious that you and Doug have a very unselfish love for each other. Sometimes when you get a second chance you appreciate it more. I got a second chance too and it's almost like the sweet is never as sweet without the sour.

So things started off a little rocky, but your wedding day was down right magical. Your photos are so beautiful and you definitely looked like a princess. I am anxiously waiting for more, it makes me that much more excited for my own day; just a short 7 months and 3 weeks away. :lmao:

Aww! :hug: I've long felt that you have to experience darkness in order to appreciate the light.. it was always comforting in those times. Though I do wish there was a bit less dark! ;) But hey, everything happens for a reason, right?

I'm very glad that we got all of the crazy out of the way the day before! The rest of the trip was smooth sailing. :goodvibes

And those seven months are going to fly right by!

CinderALLIE said:
Loving the pics. I don't blame Kenzie for wanting to twirl in her dress LOL

I did some twirling, too. I had to see how it would look! :rotfl:

DisneyEverAfter said:
So glad you have your pics <3 I was showing Nyx them & he reeeeally liked a couple of them! He also says he likes Doug's goatee! LOL But I'm also super jealous as I still don't have our pics =( Dd you get yours in the mail yet? No sign of ours =\ I'm waiting to start my wedding day TR & am super delayed because I have no pics! lol

:lmao: So many people asked me if Doug was going to shave off the goatee before the wedding. Which is kinda ridiculous... it's been there since before we started dating, so why would I make him shave it off? :confused3

We got the cds yesterday! Five discs, two of which were all black and white images. But still about 1500 pics altogether. Maybe yours is coming today? I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you guys! (Why is there no smiley of this action? There totally should be!)

I'm back! Sorry for the delay in posting. I've been having a lot of problems with hand/wrist pain, and using the keyboard and mouse makes it a whole lot worse.

The limo dropped us off right near our building, which was muchly appreciated. It was far too hot to keep my hair down, so I had Doug help me remove all the bobby pins (26!) and then I tried to hurry in brushing out all the hairspray. Yeesh! I think my hair could've survived AT LEAST tropical storm winds!

At some point, my parents called, saying they were waiting OUTSIDE OF EPCOT for us. To which I said, "You guys spent the money on the tickets, go in and enjoy it! Just be in front of the Canada pavilion around 4:15." (Seriously. Who does that? Even Doug's family didn't do that!)

So, we rushed around, getting changed (we decided on the Bride and Groom shirts, with the ears)... only to spend 15 minutes waiting on the Epcot bus. I'm really OCD about being on time when you're supposed to be on time, so I'm super fidgeting at this point, even though it was probably around 3:15 or so? Our reservations were for 4:25. (I think I may have driven Doug crazy by the end of the week, with my stressing about being on time :rolleyes1)

After what seems like the longest bus ride ever, we make it to Epcot, and start making our way to the Canada Pavilion. Mind you, we're both pretty slow-moving at this point, since our feet were killing us from all the standing. (Okay, after five minutes of standing, my feet are killing me at this point, but that's more health issues than Disney-caused) But yay! We make it to Le Celier five minutes before our reservation!

I go in to let them know we're there, and the girl at the front was so happy that we decided to do our post-wedding meal there. She even gave us two of the 'Just Married' pins! (I nearly fell over in shock) We're seated rather quickly considering we had a party of 16. Three tables were pushed together, and then there'd be five people at a nearby table. And this is where the drama started.

Doug and I were at the separate table, with his brother, Jeffrey, and Jeffrey's girlfriend Sarah. Which is fine by me. The four of us get along well and have a lot of common interests. Doug's dad started to come over to sit with us, and then I don't know what happened, but his mom wound up with us. :sad2: And she immediately starts going into everything crappy that's happened since they arrived, detailed personal health issues included.

Doug and I wound up splitting a bowl of the cheddar soup. And by this point, I was willing to give up the entire bowl of soup to be at the other table, where all of my family is, as well as my best friend and her family. I specifically remember Doug's mom saying, "Oh, well, I don't want to ruin your joy, so I'm going to stop talking about negative things,"... and five minutes later, we're back to the negative things. It got to the point where Doug snapped, saying, "If you don't want to ruin my joy, stop talking." And holy crap, it actually worked! We had about ten minutes of peace! :woohoo:

For entrees, Doug ordered the Grilled Bone-In Rib Eye (with the most amazing potato wedges) and I had the Quinoa Potato Cake (with baby beets, mushrooms, and ramps). I promise, we'll work on taking pics of food on the next trip! :rotfl2: I really liked mine, as expected. I tried to switch out the sides, but wasn't allowed, for some reason. I did try the beets, and surprisingly liked them. Mushrooms... eh, the texture was weird, so Sarah got those, and I wussed out of trying the ramps, having heard mixed statements on them. I didn't try Doug's steak, but oh my god, those potato wedges were AMAZING.

Doug was full, so he ordered what Jeffrey wanted for a dessert, since our food was going to be on the Dining Plan, and I had the White Chocolate Cheesecake. I used to bake on a weekly basis, and have made many a cheesecake over the years. I'm usually iffy on a restaurant's white chocolate cheesecake, because if they don't use quality white chocolate, it's very apparent in the flavor. (Yes, yes, I am a chocolate snob and a vanilla snob, I admit it publicly! :goodvibes) This was made with quality chocolate and I was very happy about that.

We split up after dinner for a little bit. I went with my parents, aunt, and uncle to the France pavilion (my mom wanted to see if they had her perfume), and Doug went with Adam and his girlfriend, Laura, over to the Germany pavilion. I met back up with them probably like half an hour later, since my family wanted to go back to the hotel. (We won't talk about how bitter I am that they spent all that money on park tickets and barely spent any time in them)

The four of us didn't do much. Rode the Maelstrom and watched the video after for giggling purposes (come on, look at the computer in the video! It's ancient!) Doug and Adam wanted to ride Mission Space, and I'm so happy that Laura doesn't do rides like that either, so I had someone to sit and talk to. :rotfl: We didn't realize the time, and MS was closing up, which also meant Spaceship Earth was, too. Poop!

Oh! I forgot to mention this - while I was heading over to Germany, a girl came RUNNING up to me, asking where I got the Just Married pin. After that, we exchanged the obligatory 'Congratulations' and what not, but it just greatly amused me. Was it anyone on here? :)

Adam had rented a car for their trip, since they'd be visiting friends later in the week, so they dropped us off at our building. (Yet again, I'm going to publicly state my happiness that they stayed in the same resort as us!) Oh, sweet, sweet air conditioned room and comfy bed! :goodvibes

I promise, the next day really will have pictures! I totally admit to being lax on the picture taking.. I brought mine down there, but just relied on Doug's nicer camera. Seriously. February's trip will be better documented, gosh darn-it (Because I know the boards will asterisk-out what I was really thinking)

Day Three - Coming soon to a DISboards near you! Magic Kingdom, DIS Bride meet up, and Via Napoli! :dance3:

Oh dear, sweet Kristen...I totally understand your frustration. My parents were just here for almost a week and by day 2 I was annoyed that they were in my space. I couldn't even do my hair and makeup without my mom following me into the bathroom. And I hate complainers and my mother complains about EVERYTHING. So I am preparing myself to ignore/shut it down for my day.

Good choice on Le Cellier, one of my favorites! I dream about cheddar cheese soup and mushroom filet. :love: (drooling)

What a fun filled wedding day (minus the annoying complaining and dumb people :rotfl:)

Can't wait to hear about MK. We'll be traveling on Wednesday so we'll be hitting up MK on Thursday and getting married on Friday. I'm happy we decided to take a day after travel to kind of hang out and relax. I'm sure there will be a tux fitting in there somewhere...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter