Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

I hope you had an amazing time, can't wait to ready your TR!!

I am sure the photographer got tons of great pics. They're professionals so they end up capturing things you didn't even realize.

YAY can't wait to hear all about your day <3 Btw, Randy didn't post any preview pics for us either! (so far) =< Saw your post on FB about not being previewed... I was hoping we would be too.... I'm totally anxious to see them & hoping they came out great! Love all your other pics so far girlie!

Aww, thanks, everyone! :grouphug:

So, I'll start the TR with Friday, which was, without a doubt, the worst day of the entire trip. (Might as well get the bad out of the way, right?)

Doug and I were up pretty late because someone (okay, me) has a tendency to pack at the last minute. We got a late start on the laundry because of issues at the pharmacy, but whatever. It was about 1:30am or so when we went to bed. And my alarm went off at 5:30am.

Anyways, the van that was picking up the six of us (me, Doug, my parents, aunt, and uncle) showed up at 7:15. My mom is still freaking out over the littlest things at this point, so Doug just wanted to be outside and not deal with it. We hit the road, and about three minutes into the ride, I realized I forgot my bag, which had a book, Disney paperwork, and the ever-important check for Rev. Tim and the marriage license. Doh!

(There are no pictures of this day because it was such a terrible day that had me fighting back tears or just out and out sobbing.)

We finally make it to the Providence airport. The girl at the desk near our gate let us pre-board with my dad and uncle (both were in wheelchairs at the time), which was a very nice gesture. Once on the plane, Doug realizes that he forgot his CPAP on the bed. (He has very bad sleep apnea. Before he got the machine, we weren't able to share a bed for about six months due to the snoring) Thankfully we were still on the ground, so I was able to call my cousin, who'd be at the house dog-sitting, and asked her to over-night it down to the hotel. Really, this should've been a sign of how the day was going to go.

Landed at MCO, and shockingly, my mom enjoyed flying. We get off the plane, bathroom visits, etc. Then we lose my aunt and uncle. About 30-40 minutes later, after having them paged twice, they find us near the information desk. They went down to the baggage area for some unknown reason (both they and my parents opted for Disney to pick up their luggage) Doug and I go get ours (we wanted to air the clothing out; both my parents smoke and as soon as you're out of the environment, it's all you can smell), and we make our way down to the ME. No problems there at least! Not even any waiting, which was fantastic, as my feet were already killing me.

We get to CB to check in, and no line! Here I am thinking that the day is turning around and there's hope of getting to MK before dinner. The woman who checked us in, while nice, was incredibly slow. They did upgrade Doug and I to a king-sized bed... after she determined that since we selected a water view originally, it might be an issue. :confused3 Ten minutes later, everything's all set. We're on the second floor with our king bed, and the rest of my family is on the first floor. Which we were happy with - at the time. (By the end of the week, those stairs had me crying as I slowly worked my way up them.)

Doug and I get to our room when I get a phone call from my mom. They can't figure out how to get in the room. :rolleyes2 And then she's asking me about our room. Well, I wouldn't known much about it, seeing as I haven't been in it yet! They're freaking out because the luggage isn't in the room yet and are concerned that someone stole their stuff. (Have I mentioned that my mom is a bit on the paranoid side?) I go back to our room to get changed, and figured I'd call down to the luggage people for a general time-frame. Which we all know is 3-4 hours. I tell this to my parents. They want to wait until the luggage gets there, because their cigarettes are in there. That's right, folks, the cigarettes are more important than the 26-year long dream of their daughter's.

It's now 5:30, so any hope of enjoying some time at MK with my parents are gone, since we have dinner reservations at 6:40 at the Rose & Crown in Epcot. We make it to Epcot at 6:30. But Doug and I still need to exchange our vouchers, and my family still had to purchase tickets. Doug ran ahead to R&C while I helped out. Either my dad or Uncle Mo needed a wheelchair at that point from all the walking. We make it to the UK around 7:15 or so, where we're now waiting for the next available seating.

(At this point, I'm majorly stressing because I had booked the Tomorrowland Terrace DP as a surprise for my mom, and we were supposed to be there at 9.)

We finally get seated, around 7:30 or so, and thankfully enjoyed a good meal. I had wanted the Vegetable Pie, but alas, it had mushrooms in it. Sirloin steak it is! (Doug had that, too) It was really good. I'm not always a steak fan, but the sauce that it was in was AMAZING. I stole some fries off of my dad's fish and chips, and I could seriously make a meal out of those alone.

We finish up dinner around 9 or so. Insert Kristen seriously stressing inside here. We get to the front of the park, and my Uncle Mo's having some chest pains. (He's had heart problems in the past, and carries the nitro-something pills in case of any issues) My aunt gets him a wheelchair, and Doug offers to push. Make our way up the monorail ramp, onto the monorail - and hear the message about getting off the monorail. That's right, it pooped out on us. Back down the ramp we go, onto the ferry. It's now 9:45pm.

Have you tried maneuvering down Main Street five-ten minutes before the fireworks with two wheelchairs? Especially once the lights are dimmed? Poor Doug hit the curb and tore up his shin.

We finally make it to the TT. At 10pm. I explained what happened to the guy at the desk was very nice, asking one of the servers to bring over beverages and what not. Doug and I were the only ones that got desserts, even though they left it open a bit longer. We sat for a bit, enjoyed the 'Magic, Memories, and You' thing. (Which I loved because I loved seeing the castle in the different patterns and what not.) And then we headed back to the hotel.

I've been trying to get my parents to Disney since I was 5 years old. I'm 31 now. And just typing this up is getting me upset, because when I finally get them there, getting their cigarettes was more important than anything else. When Doug and I finally got back to our room, I just broke down sobbing. It was at this point that I decided I'm never organizing a group thing ever again. I don't know how you girls do it, organizing stuff for 50+ people. I tried to comfort myself, saying, well, if we got all the crap out of the way today, that the wedding day and the rest of our trip would go fabulously. And it did. It just kills me how the one day I got to spend with my parents in the park was ruined because of the stupid cigarettes. (Oh, and it was everyone else's fault, according to them) This is probably the only time I'm going to talk about this day in detail, because it was that horrible for me. :(

At least after that mess, I took my nighttime pills, with the added painkiller, and slept wonderfully. Until I got a phone call at 3am.

(I'm doing this TR Jackie-style, by leaving cliffhangers! :rotfl2: - love you, Jackie!)

I am so sorry to hear that the first day was stressful! :love: My heart is literally aching for you because I know how that sort of situation can just make you want to scream at everyone. :furious:

I myself have been dreading the organization I am going to have to do for my parents. They need TONS of hand holding. In my mind I already want to tell them to just do it themselves, but I know the repercussions will be just as annoying. It's like a catch 22, what is the lesser of evils. :confused3 I'm praying they don't want to do the DP. They went down in December and I had to do EVERYTHING for them. Call DVC and make reservations, set up ME, set up all their dining. It got to the point where my mother wanted me to make a list of rides and attractions they should do. That's where I drew the line!!

So I feel for you and I am so sorry you had a nightmare first day. I am sure everything else was beautiful!!

Ahhh...

This is normally where someone would pop in and say... "Great Start Kristen!" Butttt I'm not going to do that, lol. I'm really sorry the day started off rough. I unfortunately do know how traveling with a serious smoker is like (stepmom)---it ruined our trip too. I don't know how anyone else plans the group stuff either! I tried, it made me crazy, and I gave up! At least you stuck with it :rotfl2: I'm a group destination wedding dropout :laughing:

I know the end result was fantastic... but I'm sorry you had a rough first day! I can't wait to read more!! I love cliffhangers!! I'm using them in my TR (which is up and started on the TR boards--shameless plug, lol).

ARGH...cliffhanger....who called at 3 am? Will our heroine ever get any sleep? Will the mysterious cigarette bandit strike again? Will Mickey and Minnie EVER get engaged?? but I digress....:cool1:

Seriously though...your first day sounds just AWFUL, you poor thing!! I would have been a total basket case!!!! I am so hoping that your trip got better after this VERY rough start....

Waiting with baited breath....

Brooke

-Gah! Your day really was off to a rough start!
-On a side note, I LOVE the Providence airport. It’s so small and easy to navigate.
-Ughhh poor Doug!
-They can’t figure out how to get into the room?! I legit just stopped reading after that sentence so I could type my response. I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
-Ughhh seriously?! They have to wait for the cigarettes?! Can’t they just buy some new ones in the gift shop and call it a day???
-Glad R and C was good! I hope you make it to the DP!
-I am SO sorry this day didn’t go as you had planned. I really, really am. I actually give you major kudos for not breaking down crying earlier--- I think I would have. I can’t wait to read about the POSITIVE stuff… and LOL!!!! What’s down the 3am hatch?!?!

(And oohh, thanks for the shameless plug, Deena. I'm off to read yours now!)

:hug: Sorry to hear about all the chaos on your first day. That can only mean your wedding day was almost perfect. At least I hope so after getting all the crappy stuff out of the way.

Thank goodness you made it to the MK DP party that night. I hope your family enjoyed it. It sounds like you made some amazing plans for the trip. pixiedust:

Boo =\ Sucks about your cigarette-smoking relatives not properly enjoying things... That definitely puts a real damper on things.. :mad: Hope it gets better though =< Although odds are it doesn't? Possibly? Since we were woken up at 3am...

Ugh, Kristen, I'm so sorry your first day was so stressful! I am a bit of a control freak and for sure would have been in tears in your situation. Cigarettes? Seriously? Just goes to show how addiction can screw up your priorities. I'm intrigued by your cliff hanger, though!

I hope the rest of your trip was nothing like the first day! Excited to read!

OMG Kristen! That is awful! Both of Paul's parents were serious smokers and I don't even think they would have done that to us! As long as you got the bad stuff out the way early, that is what matters.

Looking forward to this getting much better for you!!! :grouphug:

awww twin, i'm so sorry you had a bad first day!! :( I am glad youre saying this was the worst of your trip though, that means there is good stuff coming! ;) Seriously, cigarettes??? And if they thought people were going to steal their stuff, don't have them take your bags. ughhh I would have started crying right then, I am proud you waited until your day was done! Good job!! hahha
Looking forward to see who called you at 3! Was it the luggage people? Or you waited for their luggage to come before you left already? Hopefully not something with your uncle and his chest pains? Do we get a prize for guessing??

Anndd I feel terrible I didn't get your bag over to you, we had some drama with the bags too. I promise I will mail it to you still now that I'm home!! :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear that the first day was stressful! :love: My heart is literally aching for you because I know how that sort of situation can just make you want to scream at everyone. :furious:

I myself have been dreading the organization I am going to have to do for my parents. They need TONS of hand holding. In my mind I already want to tell them to just do it themselves, but I know the repercussions will be just as annoying. It's like a catch 22, what is the lesser of evils. :confused3 I'm praying they don't want to do the DP. They went down in December and I had to do EVERYTHING for them. Call DVC and make reservations, set up ME, set up all their dining. It got to the point where my mother wanted me to make a list of rides and attractions they should do. That's where I drew the line!!

So I feel for you and I am so sorry you had a nightmare first day. I am sure everything else was beautiful!!

That was my biggest stressor... not only did I have to worry about forgetting my own stuff, my parents gave me all of their stuff, since my mom was stressing about the trip already. And of what I did forget? It was all my own stuff, of course!

LuvLuvLuv said:
Ahhh...

This is normally where someone would pop in and say... "Great Start Kristen!" Butttt I'm not going to do that, lol. I'm really sorry the day started off rough. I unfortunately do know how traveling with a serious smoker is like (stepmom)---it ruined our trip too. I don't know how anyone else plans the group stuff either! I tried, it made me crazy, and I gave up! At least you stuck with it I'm a group destination wedding dropout

I know the end result was fantastic... but I'm sorry you had a rough first day! I can't wait to read more!! I love cliffhangers!! I'm using them in my TR (which is up and started on the TR boards--shameless plug, lol).

LOL If I ever plan anything for more than just Doug and I (or maybe our closest friends and their two kids; that went off without a hitch), it'll be quite some time!

And I'm glad that you mentioned your TR here. You know I'm terrible about getting to the other boards. :rotfl:

Bewitch324 said:
ARGH...cliffhanger....who called at 3 am? Will our heroine ever get any sleep? Will the mysterious cigarette bandit strike again? Will Mickey and Minnie EVER get engaged?? but I digress....

Seriously though...your first day sounds just AWFUL, you poor thing!! I would have been a total basket case!!!! I am so hoping that your trip got better after this VERY rough start....

Waiting with baited breath....

Brooke

:lmao: I giggle every time I see your response. I can say right now that I don't think I'll have as good of a cliffhanger in the rest of this. But then again, it wasn't until I finished typing up day one that I realized it was an awesome cliffhanger. I felt like the writers of 'LOST'. :goodvibes

DoomBuggy0922 said:
-Gah! Your day really was off to a rough start!
-On a side note, I LOVE the Providence airport. It’s so small and easy to navigate.
-Ughhh poor Doug!
-They can’t figure out how to get into the room?! I legit just stopped reading after that sentence so I could type my response. I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
-Ughhh seriously?! They have to wait for the cigarettes?! Can’t they just buy some new ones in the gift shop and call it a day???
-Glad R and C was good! I hope you make it to the DP!
-I am SO sorry this day didn’t go as you had planned. I really, really am. I actually give you major kudos for not breaking down crying earlier--- I think I would have. I can’t wait to read about the POSITIVE stuff… and LOL!!!! What’s down the 3am hatch?!?!

-PVD is one of my favorite airports. Which is probably why I always preferred flying out of San Jose, since for so long, it was super similar. (It isn't anymore. Silly expansions lol)
-I don't know what their issue was that day. I'm assuming my aunt talked some sense into her, because Saturday was a bit better in the crazy department.
-:lmao: at the 3am hatch sentence.

MrsDrewsky said:
Sorry to hear about all the chaos on your first day. That can only mean your wedding day was almost perfect. At least I hope so after getting all the crappy stuff out of the way.

Thank goodness you made it to the MK DP party that night. I hope your family enjoyed it. It sounds like you made some amazing plans for the trip.

That's what I kept telling Doug. And it wound up being true, for the most part. :goodvibes

pinkfairy1684 said:
Awww sweetie, I am sorry you had such a crappy first day! I would have cried!!!!

Stubbornness made me keep the crying in until it was just me and Doug! ;)

DisneyEverAfter said:
Boo =\ Sucks about your cigarette-smoking relatives not properly enjoying things... That definitely puts a real damper on things.. Hope it gets better though =< Although odds are it doesn't? Possibly? Since we were woken up at 3am...

Oh, yes. And if my parents blame other things one more time, I might scream. Even still.

Slight spoiler - it does get better ;)

tinydancr06 said:
Ugh, Kristen, I'm so sorry your first day was so stressful! I am a bit of a control freak and for sure would have been in tears in your situation. Cigarettes? Seriously? Just goes to show how addiction can screw up your priorities. I'm intrigued by your cliff hanger, though!

I hope the rest of your trip was nothing like the first day! Excited to read!

I definitely have a lot of control issues. Saturday was so much better, since I only had to worry about Doug, myself, and my MoH for the most part. In fact, I don't think my parents called with a ridiculous question at all that day. Shocking! :rolleyes1

BethieTink said:
OMG Kristen! That is awful! Both of Paul's parents were serious smokers and I don't even think they would have done that to us! As long as you got the bad stuff out the way early, that is what matters.

Looking forward to this getting much better for you!!!

I expected some issues, but I figured that'd be with my dad's bloodsugar, not just waiting around for luggage. Ugh. It's going to take a while to get over that hurt, that's for sure.

But yes, bad stuff was out of the way after Friday, at least!

tric8783 said:
awww twin, i'm so sorry you had a bad first day!! I am glad youre saying this was the worst of your trip though, that means there is good stuff coming! Seriously, cigarettes??? And if they thought people were going to steal their stuff, don't have them take your bags. ughhh I would have started crying right then, I am proud you waited until your day was done! Good job!! hahha
Looking forward to see who called you at 3! Was it the luggage people? Or you waited for their luggage to come before you left already? Hopefully not something with your uncle and his chest pains? Do we get a prize for guessing??

Anndd I feel terrible I didn't get your bag over to you, we had some drama with the bags too. I promise I will mail it to you still now that I'm home!!

It really surprised me that they opted for Disney to pick up the bags. I mean, if Doug and I go out and leave the windows open, we'll come home to find them closed nearly completely, so that no one will get a ladder and climb over the gigantic bushes to break in. (Yep. They're both convinced that since they're older, people are just casing the house all the time, waiting to break in.) Really, it's a wonder I'm not drinking more often.

Good guesses, but none of them are correct!

And no worries. The woman at the desk was taking so long, I didn't dare ask about it, for fear of being there for another half an hour!

Alright. I was able to type all this up without the computer freaking out on me, so I'm going to start in on the wedding day next! :woohoo:

We probably went to bed around 11:30 on the Friday night, after the sobbing breakdown and everything was done. Mind you, Doug forgot his CPAP machine, which means he snores A LOT. Enough to wake himself up from it, and to keep me up. Thankfully, Kristen brought the heavy duty painkillers, and with that added to the usual nightly pills, I got maybe two hours of sleep or so. (Little victories, right? ;))

So, the phone rings at 3am, scaring me awake. And it was the the security guy in the booth, asking if I know someone named Rosie from Beaute Speciale and if it's okay to let her in. I said sure, then once off the phone, immediately start putting some clothing in, figuring I just messed up on the arrival time. (Mind you, the ceremony starts at noon) Then Rosie calls my cell phone, apologizing for the guy calling, and that we're still on for 8am. She just had a castle shoot appointment earlier, and figured she'd sleep in the car for a few hours.

Of course, I'm wide awake now! :rolleyes1 It's gonna be a very long day!

Shockingly, my parents didn't call me this morning. I set them and my aunt and uncle up with reservations at Chef Mickey's. That way they'd be guaranteed to meet the characters. I had shown them how to use my camera the night before, and figured it'd be a good way to keep them busy... and to keep my mom from driving me nuts! (I'll just add here - they were pressing the wrong button on the camera for every single picture they took there. Instead of hitting the big round one, they were hitting the tiny flash button. It's a Kodak easyshare camera - it's not rocket science! :sad2:)

Back to the non-stressful stuff. I kill time online and reading, and occasionally getting ready. Rosie and (I feel bad that I can't remember her name) from Beaute Speciale show up at 8, as does the husband and wife from Carolyn Allen's, and Seth, Vicky, and the kids. (Why, yes, there was a bit of chaos and a lot of people in that one room at that point!) The guys head over to Adam's room (I'm still so happy that he and his gf Laura opted to stay at CBR as well), and Vicky and I start getting the hair done.

I felt bad because the first two times, I wasn't thrilled with the makeup. Rather, parts of it. My hair was fine, especially considering I forgot to print out my hair inspiration photos (which were saved to the computer). Hopefully the professional pics will show it nicely, since right now, I've got nothing! I'm sure it's because I'm not used to wearing much for makeup, so it was very strange. Thankfully, Rosie was very nice about it and lessened it in areas.

Randy arrived around 10:15. Hair and makeup was done, but neither of us were in dresses yet, nor was the FG Kenzie. That was definitely some hectic moments. Randy did the pics of the accessories, then left to figure out the best place for the first look pics... which thankfully gave me time to text Doug that they needed to head over and to get the dress on!

Right now, we only have one picture from the getting ready stuff, one that Vicky took on her phone..

gettingready.jpg

I really hope I get to see some sort of pictures soon!

Alright, so I'm dressed and ready, as is Vicky and Kenzie. (Yay progress!) My parents stopped in real quick to give me back my camera (thinking back, I have no idea why, and why didn't I say something about them taking pics at the ceremony?! :mad:) The limo picks my family up, and right after that, the guys show up, and Randy whisks Doug away to set up for the first look pictures.

We do those, and even though I haven't seen them, I'm glad we got those moments semi-alone. Doug was teary and I didn't want to share that with my family :-)lmao:)

Randy took more pictures of us throughout the area, then took some of the wedding party. Thankfully, Doug brought his camera, so he was taking some at the same time (or had Adam do so)

DSCN0048.jpg

Me, Vicky, and Kenzie. Yep, Doug's mom finished Kenzie's dress in time, shockingly enough!

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

David, the five-year old ringbearer. He's decided he only wants to wear his dress shoes and travel by limo now. :rotfl:

DSCN0056.jpg

(I'm hoping that in Randy's pics, the ice and vending sign is cropped out LOL)

The limo for us eight (me, Doug, Adam, Laura (I didn't want her to feel awkward going with my family, so I made sure to have her in this limo trip), Seth, Vicky, and the kids) shows up. Amazingly, I didn't fall into the car!

I vaguely remember the ride over. Seth joking around, asking when we're having kids, since my parents surprisingly hadn't mentioned it. (Doug's mom did earlier in the morning, via text. :sad2: OH! I just learned of this - his mom told Sarah (Jeffrey's girlfriend) that once I have kids, all of my health issues will go away. Really? I didn't know childbirth was a cure for fibromyalgia. How has the medical world not realized this? Oy vey!)

Next thing I know, we've arrived. The door gets opened for me, and holy moly, it's really happening! I meet my planner, Karen, and she's just as delightful in person as I had hoped. :goodvibes

And now would be a good time for a pause, because I'm starving and ready for lunch! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter