• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe - Chef's Selection

Wendi2000

DIS Veteran
Does this count as a counter service credit?

Kringla Daily Chef's Selection - Your choice of open faced sandwich with a cup of Jarlsberg and Leek cheese soup, accompanied by your choice of rice cream, veiled maiden or no sugar added chocolate mousse. - $9.99

Yes, we ate there this past May using the Dining Plan. When I asked her what was included for people on the Dining Plan she said we could have any of their pastries for a snack credit or a cup of soup, sandwich, any pastry, and a large soda for a CS credit. The sign above the counter listed just the three desserts you mentioned, but she said we could choose any dessert we wanted. My mom got a school bread and I got the chocolate cake. We had about $27.00 worth of food using two CS credits.

I believe there was a recent thread about this in which several people mentioned they were using CS @ Norway instead of the pastry shop in France due to the huge difference in what was allowed on the plan (and attitude!).

calypso*a*go-go said:
I believe there was a recent thread about this in which several people mentioned they were using CS @ Norway instead of the pastry shop in France due to the huge difference in what was allowed on the plan (and attitude!).

True! We used CS at both in May and prefer Ka Kringka. As I previously stated, in Norway you can get a cup of soup, a choice of about three sandwiches, any of their pastries, and a large soda. In France you can get a savory pastry (or cheese/fruit plate), any sweet pastry, and just a medium soda.

You can also get any pastry in Norway using a snack credit, but France allowed only sodas/water for a snack credit (no pastries).

That sounds incredible! I LOVE a good soup, even though it will probably be a little hot for soup in September....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter