• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kong now closed

chris mcfly

Mouseketeer
For those of you that do not already know, KONGfrontation is closed indefinetly "out of respect to our fellow Americans".

Draw your own thoughts...

Why would Kong be closed ? Maybe I am forgetting something hmmmm~~care to elaborate ?

Well, that is understandable.

(How could I miss that ? )

The HHN closure is not for refurbishment. It so the building can be used as a haunted house.

Hmm...I was thinking of how BGT closes the skyride and makes the queue a haunted house during Howl-O-Scream. The skyride goes under refurbishment.

Earl corrects me again! All hail Earl! :)

They are actually going to install some special light rigging that will be in the ride profile, so the trams have to be parked. Plus, it will give the system a rest.

I heard they were thinking of dressing up one of the monkeys, and calling it "Scarry Barry", or was it "Hairy Scarry Barry". No, it was " Hairy Barry, that is Scarry" or "Scarry Barry, that is Hairy".......

Originally posted by chris mcfly
For those of you that do not already know, KONGfrontation is closed indefinetly "out of respect to our fellow Americans".

Universal's not all that respectful then - I rode it today...

It's weird - I'll probably never see the big dumb monkey again and it didn't even phase me -- Kong really is a crappy ride... cool monkey... crappy ride... oh well

C

Originally posted by Earl
They are actually going to install some special light rigging that will be in the ride profile, so the trams have to be parked. Plus, it will give the system a rest.

I heard they were thinking of dressing up one of the monkeys, and calling it "Scarry Barry", or was it "Hairy Scarry Barry". No, it was " Hairy Barry, that is Scarry" or "Scarry Barry, that is Hairy".......

Maybe we ought to make the monkey Earl and he can tell us secrets as we pass on the tram. :)

Kong was open and running today 9/15/01. The left arm of the first Kong did not move at all. other than that the ride was as it had been in the past. :p

I've never been in the Kong ride, I've being hoping for the first time next week. Does not moving the arm have a particular significance with respect to NYC?

Thanks,

it is the arm that clobbers the tram and causes it to drop down. the trams still drops but not because of the arm moving up to hit it.:bounce:

They have the ability to run the monkey in what's called limited animation. That's shuts down the functions that come close to the tram. They usually do that if the monkey is acting up during the day so that the ride does not have to be closed. As you can imagine, it takes hours to repair soemthing that large. Repairs are generally made and night and everything is normally back in service the next day.

rumor hasit that Kong will close sometime soon to make way for a Mummy attraction

Originally posted by wdhatter
rumor hasit that Kong will close sometime soon to make way for a Mummy attraction

What a CA-RAZY Idea! Who would EVER think that Kong would close for a Mummy attraction!

Well then, I guess everything's all Wrapped Up in a neat little package! Really, I mean that. Sorry, if it sounded sarcastic.

Originally posted by Darkennon

What a CA-RAZY Idea! Who would EVER think that Kong would close for a Mummy attraction!

True Darkennon.

What an absurd notion! Mark my words, Kong will *not* close between Fall 2001 and Spring 2002 and will *not* be replaced with a mummy attraction. Anybody who thinks that is true should be put in a Sarcophogus and be the victim of an ancient curse.

Not to be technical here, but I think Fall starts next week. And it will close for five weeks through HHN. Watch them words ....

Not to be technical here, but I think Fall starts next week. And it will close for five weeks through HHN. Watch them words ....

Well, not to be technical either, but fall ends when... december? So HHN is over at the beginninng of november... So if the speculation is true that it wont be open again after HHN, [which, is purely speculation] then i would be correct.

Okay..... and it will re-open after HHN, but I still caution you to watch them words.

Okay..... and it will re-open after HHN, but I still caution you to watch them words.

No one ever said it would absolutely not re-open after HHN.

Is it possible for you to ever take someone else's word? Do you always have to be *the* authority? Because, in at lease one instance, you're not right, with all due respect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter