Kona Dinner Review

MarieShedsky

Princess in Training
Just got back from Kona. It's been quite a while since I've been there, and while I love their breakfast, dinner was a bit of a disappointment. The rolls with the macadamia butter were good (the butter is always good). We had the Due of Pork (Pork Belly with Asian Barbecue and Pickled Slaw, Chili-rubbed Pork Tenderloin, Seasonal Vegetables, and Corn Spoonbread
$27.00) And the Asian Stir Fry
(Yakisoba Noodles, Wok-seared with Vegetables, Roasted Peanuts, and your choice of Chicken or Tofu in a Soy-Citrus Sauce). While I expected the stir fry to be fairly salty due to the soy sauce, we found that the seasonal vegetables that came with the duo of pork were so salty it was inedible. I believe it was some sort of cooked green like kale, but all you could taste was salt. The duo of pork was a very small portion for the price. We weren't impressed with the entrees.
For dessert we got the kilauea torte. It was very good, but I expected it to be warm, and it was room temperature. We wanted the kona mocha verrine but the server told us they had run out.
Our server didn't seem overly friendly but wasn't the worst. She didn't interact with us much. Maybe it's because we were there late, but I won't be having dinner there again for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter