Kona Cafe or the Plaza breakfast?

cwoww

Earning My Ears
Help me decide!

We have an ADR for Kona, should I switch to the Plaza breakfast?

More information is needed. What time would your breakfast be? What are your plans for the rest of the day?

Dining plan? Why did you pick Kona? Why does The Plaza appeal to you?

no dining plan.
we would be doing about 10am for Kona, as the day before we will be staying until park closing to watch HEA.
day is flexible. we have it mapped out to stay again until closing, but doesn't matter too much. It is my husband, 8 yr old and me.
we chose Kona because we did hear great reviews - and the Tonga toast looks great! Was considering the plaza because its a new offering - we haven't been to either of these places before.

we are booking FPs on Dec 23rd. We are there for just a quick 4 day trip.

no dining plan.
we would be doing about 10am for Kona, as the day before we will be staying until park closing to watch HEA.
day is flexible. we have it mapped out to stay again until closing, but doesn't matter too much. It is my husband, 8 yr old and me.
we chose Kona because we did hear great reviews - and the Tonga toast looks great! Was considering the plaza because its a new offering - we haven't been to either of these places before.

I would honestly go to the Plaza for breakfast. If you want tonga toast you can always get some at Captain Cooks in the poly (quick service). No need to eat the kona.

Going off of reviews alone, the Plaza Breakfast sounds great, and it sounds like it would make your lives easier if you're planning on spending the day at Magic Kingdom. If you can swing it, I would try the Plaza Breakfast.

great opportunity to try the Plaza, which has had great reviews. Kona reviews have not been stellar since a major menu revamp

Josh from Easy WDW did a recent review of the Plaza breakfast and gave it a great review. I would probably choose the Plaza around 10am, but not earlier than that. It will let you sleep in and then be back inside the park since that's where you're spending your day anyway.

no dining plan.

It looks like you are staying at SSR for this trip, is that correct? If so, I would do the Plaza. IMHO, unless you are staying at Poly (or maybe CR as it's a fairly quick stop on the monorail), there is zero reason to schlep to Kona just for breakfast.

It looks like you are staying at SSR for this trip, is that correct? If so, I would do the Plaza. IMHO, unless you are staying at Poly (or maybe CR as it's a fairly quick stop on the monorail), there is zero reason to schlep to Kona just for breakfast.

I agree. Unless there is reason to visit the Poly at that hour, I would not trek there for breakfast.

I just canceled my Kona reservation for a Plaza breakfast on my departure day/goodbye to the Magic Kingdom. The reviews sound lovely and, as much as I want to have Tonga Toast, I have dined at Kona before.

Thanks for the thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter